• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Mirage Of Tales: The Ages Of Faith [ ALL PROLOGUES RELEASED ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2015
Unprecedented! A word that truly expresses my thoughts about this masterpiece. May this work of Art be completed! My support, I humbly share...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hello everyone. I am really just commenting to let you all know that this hack is still in progress (and in hope that the thread doesn't get closed due to my spans of inactivity =P). I also want to thank everybody who voted for AOF to win HOTM for August, it means the world that you voted! I felt bad that thanks to you guys it did very well in the competition yet I still havent released anything, this is because I had to restart the entire thing a few weeks ago... because yep, you guessed it, too many bugs =P. I expect when I do get these prologues released it will be pretty underwhelming for what it is down to the lack of (new) progress, but I'm aiming for before the holiday season. Sorry for the lame update and as always, thanks for your support and everlasting patience!

~have some UPDATED screenshots, i am actually doing stuff~

EDIT: OK so since I can't seem to post screenshots for some reason or another this is the best I can do =P;

EDIT2: OK so I have apparently been gone so long that I've forgotten how to post screenies, help lol

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
EDIT2: OK so I have apparently been gone so long that I've forgotten how to post screenies, help lol

You can go to imgur.com and upload your screenshots there and put the links up. That's usually what I do when I post visual bug reports. (used to, though... I haven't been that active in bug hunting)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You can go to imgur.com and upload your screenshots there and put the links up. That's usually what I do when I post visual bug reports. (used to, though... I haven't been that active in bug hunting)

Yeah, I tried imgur but it just ended up being those weird little green boxes. I'll try again at some point later! =)

In other news, just some updates with details about what to expect in the alpha as not to get anyone's hopes up. Especially since the project has been re-started it contains less than originally intended, but there is more done than what you'll be able to see (e.g. battle backsprites for trainers are inserted but you won't see them because there are no battles). Here is what it will contain that you can see - expect nothing more.

- Choosing of character to play as
- Background intro
- General tutorial/necessary filler fluff
- Getting your first Pokemon
- New textboxes
- All new OWs
- Probably about five minutes of gameplay per character

Nothing amazing, but I really just wanna get something released for you guys to actually play after it's been so long! Aiming to have this out very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Yeah, I tried imgur but it just ended up being those weird little green boxes. I'll try again at some point later! =)

You can also try tinypic; I think I might have mixed up what site I've used to post screenies. Must have had imgur on my mind at that point in time.

Years
You can also try tinypic; I think I might have mixed up what site I've used to post screenies. Must have had imgur on my mind at that point in time.

Tinypic is actually not allowed on PokéCommunity because it reuses image IDs which can lead to potentially inappropriate images replacing otherwise safe ones. Imgur should work fine, avaramoon: you just upload it, and copy the URL (make sure it has the file extension, it's called the Direct link on the site) and embed it in [IMG][/IMG] tags.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, all! Sadly even more cut-backs to the alpha, as I am thinking of either redoing Anders' story or cutting him out entirely. Reason 1 being that I added another male character for the sake of evening things out gender-wise too soon, more importantly Reason 2 being that I feel as if it breaks the theme a little bit - you've got three stories and majority of areas in a Middle Eastern type setting and then one story where it's all snow and viking inspired sprites lol, I just don't think it fits in well yet. I've also run out of OW space, so you'd have people wearing turbans and togas in the middle of icy cities, which looks really odd even as placeholders. So sorry, you will have the option of two girls and one boy for now =/

~ My second attempt at posting updated screenshots. I can't update the thread's screenies for some reason or another so they are VERY outdated now. (see comparisons - a bit jarring right? =/) I promise the next comment I post after this will be the release, due to the above news it definitely shouldn't be long now!

[Kala]
rSVVkwf.png
E13VP1b.png
JPGGv5l.png

[Anders]
vlVh82y.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
The castle looks awesome! Nice to hear that a release is imminent, hyped to try the alpha :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 13, 2016
I really like the idea, and you've inspired me to pursue the idea of faith being the Pokemon world for a fangame. It would be a really big project with the characters alone though, since there will be 3 races to play as, 6 different sub sections of each race, 3 for royalty and commoner each, which determine which order you go to each region in, as well as how long you stay in your original region; the ability to choose which legendary you worship, with 3 being available for each race, which in turn will give you bonus resistances and weaknesses according to your choice. You will also get bonuses with your position in society as well that will make sense in terms of their society. Of course, whether or not this will become reality will depend on whether or not I have the money and the guts to actually attempt making this idea a reality

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 7, 2015
Ooooh. I can't wait to see the beta of this. It sounds like it's going to be amazing!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
I can't wait to play this hack, i really like the old ancient style you use.
When will the first beta be playable?
Keep up the great work!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hey, everyone! Long time no see.

Short update as I guess it's due, just before the holidays I got a new job where I work 12 hour shifts, so I haven't had nearly as much time to work on the hack as I'd like to. Therefore, I apologise for this post being very underwhelming!
For some reason when I try to update the thread, it won't save, meaning all the screenies are VERY outdated =/. I think I'll have to delete and recreate the thread soon, but I just don't have the time at the moment.
As far as the game goes, I've been experiencing some ASMissues (I'm no expert!) which results in the player OW constantly switching to another when using the start menu. Until I learn how to fix this issue, I will release each of the prologues separately in different patches to avoid this unfixable glitch.
Speaking of glitches, there are a couple in this teeny-tiny preview:

- The JOURNAL item is not in any way implemented - this is because I am working on this feature in another ROM and don't want to implement it until everything is finalised!
- A certain puzzle script was hard to write, if you encounter any errors please let me know when and how this occurred
- I know the music is odd and misplaced; I'm currently trying to learn how to compose custom music and insert. Until I get better at music editing I'm stuck with the OST =p
- No matter which character you select at the start, you will always be Kala. INTENTIONAL. However, picking a different character than Kala will result in you playing as her but having your name set to the selected character; this is because I am hoping to have all the characters selectable in the game when I get the ASM fixed.
- The titleacreen is still FireRed as I dont have the required skills to edit this.

Again, I realise that it's probably pretty underwhelming, but there is so much more done in-game than what's available to play! The prologue is just meant to set the scene; this is a TEST so it's probably not suitable for LPs or anything yet. I worked really hard on every aspect of this little feature from constructing custom, never-before-seen exclusive tiles, oldy-worldy dialog, animated tiles, ancient inspired textboxes and fresh new OWs.
There is so much more gonna be done when I eventually have more time on my hands; I hope I'll get to finish Evandor and Zhafira's prologues (which will be more substantial) in the future. Until then, I hope everyone enjoys this taste of what's to come, and as always, thanks times a thousand for your support; I appreciate it more thanyou know =)

Here is the release for Kala's Prologue; patch to a clean FR! And make sure you choose KALA at the start!

https://www.mediafire.com/?0ln3vz4ta4d92vp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back