• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misadventures at Hogwarts: Term 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
Years
  • Berii nodded to Andrew's offer and walked back with him to the Gryffindor tower. After they arrived, she quickly bid him goodnight.

She awoke the next day, feeling somewhat empty, she was neither sad nor angry, she wasn't even happy. She slowly walked in the bathroom and took a long bath. She wore her clothes and walked down to the Great Hall. She thought twice about eating and run outside. She sat down under a huge tree and looked at a flower blanky. She wanted to smile, the flower was very exquisite, very unique.

"Smile..." she said in a tone like the word was foreign to her ears.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • Okay, then I'll just wait. I already snuck up there to get you to bed, I'm not doing it again. We got along day in head of us. What do you want to do? We already came face to face with death, and beat up slytherins. What else is there really to do? I said laughing at my last statement. MY SAM MEET! I said almost out loud. I have a SAM meet tomorrow! France is coming this after noon. Just like Germany did. I said excitedly.

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • "Tell me about it..."
    I looked around for something to do. I focused my attention to the Forbidden Forest.
    "I just cant seem to stop getting into trouble..." I walked silently towards the forest. As soon I got deep enough into it, I stopped and looked around. Something caught my attention. It was another Hippogrif. It looked like it was going to attack me. I was right. As soon as I took a step forward he jumped at me. I was knocked to the ground. I blocked Johanns connection with my mind. Once I got back up, the other Hippogriff ran away. I heard some footsteps behind me. i turned my head to see Hagrid. He pointed his aarows at me, as he approched. He grabbed my chain, and started to pull on it. Once out of the forest he tied me to a pole.
    "Oops...guess he still thinks Im a falcon Animagus...I couldnt be more stupid..." I thought.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Karli's dad does know she can transform to a Hippogriff, because Cassidy touched her feathers, and her father had contact through her that way...sorry if I confused anyone....

IC: Cassidy sat in the Great Hall blankly. She pushed at a plate of mashed potatoes and steak, and wasn't too hungry. Within herself, there was a great calm. A great calm before a great storm. She felt nothing, something that she had nearly forgotten how to do.

In her mind, something stirred, its motion rippling through her concious like a stone thrown into a pond. Karlie's father was snooping around, trying to gain the upper hand.

You cannot win, she told him firmly. You might as well leave.

You underestimate me.

You are weak. You have no power here. Leave me, she told him stiffly. I will not let you accomplish your goal.

How horrible do you think Karli feels now that you have abandoned her? her father sneered. If you don't make ammends with her, she won't be your friend anymore. She might get that twerp, Johann, to come after you. A dragon's fury could surely beat you.

Karli is my friend, and forever she shall remain, Cassidy told him. She felt sick to her stomach. If she wishes to break with our friendship, I would rather have that, than have you kill her.

She listened to him no longer, shutting him out of her mind. Getting up, she went into the hallway, heading back to Gryffindor Tower. She spotted Johann.

"Johann!" she called urgently. "I must speak with you...about Karli!"

Andrew smiled as Berii bid him goodnight, and shuffled off to bed. Something felt strange that night. A feeling like he was being watched came over him. He pulled his covers around himself tighter, and fell asleep.

The next morning, he awoke quickly, feeling alert. He showered quickly, dressed, and grabbed breakfast. The next thing he knew, he had no where to be, so he settled for a walk outside on the cold winter grounds.

Berii was sitting in a patch of melted snow not far from him, looking melancholy. She was looking at a flower that had somehow managed to come through the snow, despite the cold ground and harsh winds. Kneeling down beside her, he looked at the flower for a moment. It was indeed very beautiful.

"All right, Berii?" he asked her.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • I heard her, but I didn't take notice, cause I didn't think it was directed toward me, she would have to say my name to attrach my attention. I was upstairs and in the Ravenclaw boys dorm, putting on a suit and tie. I walked outside to calm myself when I saw Karli. I rolled my eyes and said to her, Can't keep out of trouble for one minute when I leave your side can you? I then walked to his hut and said to hagrid once he took notice of me, "Um...you have my Hippogriff tied up. Could you like..." I made untieing motions with my hands and said, "untie her. I promise she won't do anything wrong again."

Hagrid sighed and said, "Fine, but I better not catch 'er around 'ere again. Understand?"

I nodded and he untied her. I walked her back into the forest and whispered, "You owe me one." I then let her go.

I then walked up to the castle, finding Cassidy. "Sure. What is it?" I asked her.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Cassidy rolled her eyes as Johann ignored her. He was so impossible...sometimes...er...all the time. She sat down on a bench, head in her hands, looking kind of flustered.

Kill him, the voice told her. What good has he done for Karli? The last few times she was in trouble, you and your friends saved her...

Knock it off, Cassidy grumbled to him.

Silence. Then, a slow, soft laugh. She grimaced, realizing she had become angry, and anger only fed his power. She forced him to a corner of her mind, and looked up as Johann entered the school once more.

"Sure. What is it?" he asked her.

"It's about Karli...her dad...is inside my mind. He's going to try to take over," she told him. "He can't do much with his weakened body now, so he's hoping to gain power through mine. I need you to...do me a favor."

She bit her lower lip, feeling a deep aching in her heart. Tears threatened her eyes, but she pushed them back. She didn't want Johann to see her cry, to think she was weak.

"If...if he succeeds," she began slowly. She looked up at him earnestly, her hands folded on her lap. She was hunched over, urgency conveyed through her posture. "If he succeeds, I don't want you to hesitate to...to kill me."

The last words evaporated into the air, leaving a solemn expression on her face. She looked down at her shoes to hold the tears back once more, and when she was sure she could keep her composure, she looked at him again.

"Will you do that for me, as my friend?"

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • I fixed the wrinkles in my suit then said with a grave face, "No. I won't do it. It is asking me too much to kill a friend. But if I can find no other way, I will kill him, not you. I'll preserve your soul, with the soul the life spell. It will leave his soul to weak to return to any state and parish from the earth. I have exicuted the spell once to save Karli, and I'll do for you. That's all I can promise." I then looked at her with a concerned face. "Will that due?"

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • OOC: Seems an awful quick solution...don't you think?? I dunno...could be just me...

IC: "I suppose it would depend how well our minds are fused," she asid softly. "Even now, I can feel it happening. I guess we'll see how long I can hold him off for. I don't know how to beat him, Johann. There's no answer textbooks can give. Snape may have prevented him from entering my body any further, but he also sealed him in here."

She tapped her head, as if to demonstrate.

"My head's so heavy these days. I can't think straight. It's a good thing we are still on hiliday, eh?" she asked, trying to lighten the mood. Managing a smile, she got up from her seat, and walked to the stairs. Before starting up them, she turned to Johann. "Thank you for your friendship."

Her voice carried a sweet sincerity. She blinked a few times, her eyes moist, and stood for a moment longer on the stairs.

"Johann, you know you have to protect Karli at all costs," she reminded him gently. "I would gladly lay my life down for her. Remember that."

She went up the stairs then without another word, and went into the common room. Despite the depth and fright of the situation, she felt herself calm, a peace, with who she was. A small flicker of hope lit in her mind, giving her the notion that perhaps she could pull out of it alive.

Raichu Master

...who?
    Years
  • OOC: It may be quick but for every action there is a reaction, that like newtons third law I think...anyway, the cost is that the caster has to share the mind with the resipiant for a week. It happen once in the last one.

IC: I nodded. And went to the Great Hall, and sat to think about what the spell was again. I had to let Sebastian preform the spell, and I doubted that he would help me now, but he might, since we joined souls. Then after a few minutes, I had the whole scene coriographed in my mind, and made myself believe the plan until the time of action. Hopefully it wouldn't be to soon, I was still weak from yesterday, and with a meet tomorrow it would almost be impossible for me to do it and have energy left.

Mari

♠ [child] p r o d i g y
    Years
  • Berii let out a very small smile. It reminded her of something...
    "But what?" she asked herself.

While she was lost in her thoughts, she suddenly felt a presence.
    "All right, Berii?" Andrew asked.

"Oh, I'm fine." she said. "I'm sorry to cause you any worry." she said, solemnly.

She stood up and shove off the snow on her coat. "I have to go." she said, sounding a little cheerful. She looked one last look at the flower, she wanted to pick it up, but she restrained her desire. She bowed politely to Andrew and wandered around. She wanted to be alone, something was very wrong.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Cassidy decided to dedicate her afternoon to reading. She pulled open a book of hers, and began to read.

Suddenly, a ripple in her mind. It was suspicious that Karli's father had not been very active in her mind. Suddenly, Cassidy got a sinking feeling in her stomach. Her muscles grew tense

"Andrew..." she gasped, and darted out of the castle.

Andrew was looking after Berii as she left, when a man clobbered him from behind. The blow was enough to knock him foward, but certainly not enough to knock him out. He rolled over to look at his attacker. He brandished a knife. Andrew immediately put himself between Karli's father and Berii. He drew his numchaku from his belt, and stood at the ready.

The man advanced towards him, favoring his leg, which, Andrew guessed, had been injured in a previous fight. Andrew stood his ground, waiting for him to attack.

Karli's father, came after him, the jagged knife clutched in his withering hands. Andrew caught the knife between his two numchaku, and twisted it out of the man's grip. Andrew now held the knife, and looked at the man threateningly.

"What do you want?" Andrew demanded hotly, glancing back at Berii.

"To kill you," the man told him, stepping towards Andrew menacingly.

Andrew grimaced, more in confusiion than anything else. The man before him was hideous, looking more like a corpse than a person.

"Stay back!" Andrew told him, as the man drew his wand.

Just then, Cassidy arrived on the scene, recognizing the man at once.

"Ha! I knew you'd come!" the man sneered, and lumbered past Andrew and Berii to Cassidy, who stood frozen in her tracks. She drew her wand, eyes narrowed, and stood her ground.

"Get away from me," she growled at him, feeling anger rising within her. She refused to put the anger somewhere else. She was tired of her body being used as a vessel for evil. And she was going to kill him

Shouting the incantation for her wand to become a swrod, she stabbed the unsuspecting man square in the gut, twisting her sword violently, and pulling it out, spilling blood all over the snow, turing it to vile mud. She scowled at the man who now knelt before her. Andrew stood back in shock, unable to believe what his sister had done.

"Die," she growled, spitting on his face, as the man keeled over, dead.

Something happened then. A great darkness rose in Cassidy, knocking her body to the ground, into the crimson mud she had just created. She writhed on the snow for a short while, screaming, and shaking.

Andrew ran to her side to stop her convusions, but it was no use.

When she rose again, Cassidy was no longer herself.

Her face was stone-set, menacing and angry. She looked at Andrew, and pushed him aside roughly. Picking up her blood-stained sword, she admired it keenly, and then returned it to her wand.

"Perfect," came the man's voice from within Cassidy's body. Her unheard voice screamed in defeat from within. "I know I had picked the right person."

Cassidy turned to Andrew.

"Stay out of my way."

With that, Cassidy sprinted towards the castle, throwing the doors open in a rage, and looking around the castle. Karli was in here. She had to be.

Inside her body, deep within the recesses of her heart, Cassidy screamed once more, trying to catch Karli's father's attention, something, anything to delay him at least.

Light...the opposite of darkness, she said to herself, withdrawing into silence as she began to focus her energies. [/I]Think of something, the deepest thing, the deepest love I have ever felt...

Andrew came to mind, how they had reconciled their differences this year at Hogwarts, how even before the thing happened, he had stood behind her, supporting her. And her father, who had always pushed her to do her best. He loved her more than anything. She was his everything.

A single tear rolled out of Cassidy's eye.

And what about her friends? Berii, the first person she had met, always so kind, always willing to help. She had stood with Cassidy since day one, making her feel better after every downfall. Karli, who was a dear friend. She would always be there, no matter what. Terra, her fellow Quiddich teammate. They had grown so close over the year.

Johann...even though he was gruff towards her, she knew that he was loyal. He would have pulled her out of a jam if she needed it. Cassidy knew that. She could feel her strength building.

Dumbledore, who had always helped her, especially convincing her mother to let her stay.

Draw strength...draw strength from this! she urged herself. The feeling of love was like momentum, propelling herself foward...pushing Karli's father back.

Tim, who had given her her first kiss, who had taught her to play Quiddich, who had taken an interest in her. He had promised he wouldn't let those Slytherins pick on her again.

Her mother...despite her outer shell, Cassidy knew that she loved her. She knew her mother wanted what was best for her.

With that remaining memory, Cassidy pushed herself back into control. She pushed Karli's father away, to the recesses of her mind.

I know what has to happen now... she said briskly, walking to Dumbledore's office, and knocking on his door. He called for her to enter, and she stood before him, her face determined.

"I'm ready...to banish him," she told Dumbledore. "But I need someone here...just in case."

A nod was all she recieved, and so, Cassidy sat on the floor of Dumbledore's office, and sank deep into meditation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back