• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Missing with 100% accurate moves

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Has this happened to anyone else? Here I am in the Battle Tower for Diamond, trying to get the 100 streak and suddenly, with no accuracy reducing effects, or evasion raising effects, my Infernape misses with Close Combat... It kinda pisses me off cause more often than not it'll screw me over.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2011
    That's weird O_o
    Personally, I never check accuracy, so it could've happened to me...
    Even so, that does seem EXTREMELY annoying.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Damn... I forgot that the AI still uses hax items... lol fail.

Years
  • One reason is that the accuracy isn't exactly 100%. The thong to remember about Pokemon moves is that if it has a number in the accuracy box, it has a chance of missing. Only moves like Aerial Ace and Swift, which can't miss, will hit 100% of the time, unless the opponent isn't affected by attacks of that type.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • One reason is that the accuracy isn't exactly 100%. The thong to remember about Pokemon moves is that if it has a number in the accuracy box, it has a chance of missing. Only moves like Aerial Ace and Swift, which can't miss, will hit 100% of the time, unless the opponent isn't affected by attacks of that type.

Since when was that true? I've never had a 100 accurate move miss unless my opponent was holding BrightPowder or Lax Incense.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Yeah, it's definitely possible that your opponent was holding an item that reduces the accuracy of your pokemon.

Good luck with your 100 win streak though!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hmmm...I could understand if it was a Toge(pi/tic/kiss), with the ability Hustle, as that lowers accuracy.

You sure they hadn't used an evasiveness-raising or accuracy-lowering move?

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Ohmygosh this happened to me the other day when I was battling with my cousin on Platinum. My Houndoom missed TWICE in a ROW with a "100%" accuracy move which I forgot the name of. Jeez, I was furious. My cousin was just laughing his head off though and KO'ed Houndoom T_T I was just like: Are you kidding me!? D:<

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Funny, it never happened to me.

Must be CPU's Pokemon having hax item, that's why!

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Nintendo should observe competetive battling sites so that you can set certain clauses on in the battle tower. And maybe the wifi colluseum too, so that if there is a sleeping opponent on the opponent's team, Hypnosis will always fail until it wakes up.

It would make competetive battle so much simpler. Wouldn't it?

Last edited:

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Probably, the foe's Pokemon was holding a BrightPowder/Lax Incense.
    It happened to me TWICE in the Factory, which annoyed the hell out of me, since Serebii states it lowers accuracy by 10 %. It shows why the RNG is hevily skewed against you in the Frontier... :(

Back