• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Missingno

Status
Not open for further replies.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    There are some D/P Missingno. D/P Box and Invisible shiny Bulbasaur for instance. But my favourite Missingno. that isn't actually Missingno. (if that makes sense) is ?, the one from the third gen that looks like pixellated question marks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2007
    Ya, mines probably the actual missingno cuz I had one and It was amazing. It one hit k-od like everything it didn't glitch up my game, and sometimes attacked itself.

abnd how are some missingno's moves like tm 21 and stuff, how does that work?

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
    can you get a missingno in diamond/pearl???? hahahaha be funny if you could

i don't think u can i saw a video on Youtube w/ a guy seeing if there was a missingno in D/P and the only thing that happened when he battled w/o pokes all he got was a frozen game, but others have been succes full

anyways I think MissingNO's name actually means MissingNumber.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    i don't think u can i saw a video on Youtube w/ a guy seeing if there was a missingno in D/P and the only thing that happened when he battled w/o pokes all he got was a frozen game, but others have been succes full

anyways I think MissingNO's name actually means MissingNumber.

REALLY?!

Man.. You're a little slow :P everyone has known that since the 90's when the games came out...

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I've experimented a lot with Missingo (Caught tons, and released a lot.) One weird thing I've noticed is that if you leave it in the daycare, something weird might happen. This doesn't happen all the time, but this is what you do:

1. Leave Missingno at the day care with the day care man.
    2. Right after that, talk to the man again. Notice that now he pauses for a little while before answering.
    3.Sometimes he says the usual, "Back so soon, your pokemon needs to stay longer." But other times he will say something like, "Your Missingno has grown a lot! It has grown 245 lvls (or something like that). You owe me $9999 (or something like that) to get it back."
    4. If you take Missingno back, it will be lvl 100. I don't think anything really happens except the daycare man pauses a little now.

Also, when I went to the Elite Four and beat it with Missingno in my party, it made my Missingno look like Eve, my flareon in the Hall of Fame.

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    have you noticed that ms icon changes well at least mine does if the safri building its blank in fushia its the guy who tells you how to catch pokemon and if go done and make the icon "move" it changes to a fan etc

Godot

That's one of my rules.
    Years
    If you name your character something so that w is the 3rd letter y is the 5th and x is the last, you can see Ghost missingno, Aerodactyl skeleton missingno, and Kabutops skeleton missingno.

Good names to do this with are Zowayix and Abwayax.

Years
    • NA
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Hey, I have something to say. Is there any way to meet Missingo outside of the Mew glitch or next to Cinnibar? My cousin met Missingno at randome routes. Maybe he discovered a new glitch, or maybe that's the Korean version of the game, or maybe it's because he plays it on his computer.

NekoRobin

>______>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2009
    I've heard that there was supposed to be a pokemon named Missingno but the programmers/desingers then quit making it.
    And the missingo in the game is the leftovers..
    Well that's what I've heard.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    I've heard that there was supposed to be a pokemon named Missingno but the programmers/desingers then quit making it.

It probably wouldn't have been named Missingno, considering the fact that it's already been established that Missingno is just short for "missing number." As in, it's not supposed to be in the Pokedex.

Well, that and Missingno is just a placeholder for Pokemon data. As in, data that's already in the game.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
    all I remember about this glitch was that it was EVIL!!!!!! and that's all I gotta say about it.

but this article was mad informative. wish I knew about this 10 years ago. lol.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I discovered a missingno. that has a dex identity,
    wierd,
    and the mew in my game is a sort of missing no.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2008
    In yellow I found a Missingno. with the mew glitch and I tried to catch it then it said "you caught full heal". I had ?9 full heals in my bag but no missingno.. After that my game froze when ever I ran into a missingno..

Years
    In yellow I found a Missingno. with the mew glitch and I tried to catch it then it said "you caught full heal". I had ?9 full heals in my bag but no missingno.. After that my game froze when ever I ran into a missingno..

Lol catching a full heal is crazy.:shocked:

Did you guys know that are 5 MissingNo types? (two of the are in the R/S version.)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Did you guys know that are 5 MissingNo types? (two of the are in the R/S version.)

Technically, the two in RS aren't Missingno. They're instead separate glitches called ? and ??????????. Neither have the same effects as Missingno, nor do they otherwise behave like Missingno (as in, you can't obtain it by undergoing similar steps, they don't duplicate items, et cetera).

Otherwise, yes, there are only three types of real Missingno: glitchy block, ghost, and skeleton. Anything else that isn't named Missingno simply isn't a Missingno.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    ????????????

I HEARD IT WAS USED BY THE PROGRAMMERS TO PROGRAM THE POKEMON AI AND HOW NTHEY WOULD REACT IN SITUATIONS PS:I WAS WONDERING IF THE PROGRAMMERS PU IT IN THERE WHY WOULD THEY NAME IT MISSINGNO AS IN MISSING NUMBER WAS IT A PLAY ON WORDS OR SUMTHING OR WAS IT THEIR TO BED A RATRE POKEMON I HAV NO IDEA WHY U WOULD NAME A TEST POKEMON THAT

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2008
    missingno and ect..

missingno.. pure class..

but there are three other missingnos..

in red and blue..

it depends on the letters in your name..

there are two skeleton ones..

and theres a ghost one.

if you dont understand feel free to message me!!

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2007
    ive always tried to catch a missingno. my brother caught one and it ruined his game. than i stopped. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back