• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty,May or Dawn?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Misty; the only one of them that couldn't be summed up in less than three words.

Misty was the smartest of them, and was the only woman who wasn't made to try too hard to be more competent in battle than Misty was, which I believe May and Dawn failed at, because they do contests, which are like battles but with more HD rainbows being barfed at you from your television set.

Misty was moral support, always keeping Ash in check. Dawn and May are just for the 14 year-old guys, seriously. >.>

(And also, let me add that altough I didn't like a lot of the Pokémon Misty raised, aside from the amazingness that was Politoed, May and Dawn raised some of THE worst Pokémon EVER. Yes, that does include May's DYSKO INFERNO Blaziken. Dawn's Piplup just annoys the crap out of me, I want to just do awfully horrifyingly bloody things to that annoying little something-or-other, and her other Pokémon; Ambipom, Buneary, and Pachirisu, are, except for the former, some of Sinnoh's absolute worst Pokémon.)

Misty forever. To hell with May and Dawn, seriously. >.>

Years
    If we are going to bring this up every so often, can't we just sticky it?

What does that have to do with how much you like a character?

Anyways, May. I'll keep it brief and say that I like female characters that have active roles apart from being a sidekick to the main character. I like Dawn too for the same reason, although
    Spoiler:

Oh, I made a mistake. I got it in my head that this was a who's best for Ash thread, and it stuck with me. I guess I'd just choose Misty because she's the one I know the best, and she's a water-type trainer.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Misty and Dawn. I'm still hoping that Misty will meet Dawn.

I never really like May in the anime, she's just too, erm, simple minded. Whatever that means.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Personally, I like Dawn the most because of her down-to-earth personality :). But Misty ties with Dawn simply because she's classic and her awesome tomboyish personality :D. Still, May's nice, too. ;)

Parabolic

wutizdisiduneven
    Years
    May... I dunno, but there is something I like about her.

She is also a great trainer, now. I mean come on. A Blaziken, Glaceon, Wartortle, AND a Venusaur? She's evolved more POKeMON faster than Ash has. XD
    I don't remember her other POKeMON right now... I think she still has Munchlax.

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
    But a part of the reason that I dont like her like I did when she first appeared in the anime is partly due to being able to relate to her or perhaps some sort of reflection. I kind of felt like she was my link to the Pokemon world in Ruby so seeing her in the anime was kind of like seeing myself in a way. It's kind of how people dont want Link from the Legend of Zelda to speak in the game because that'll ruin the feeling. So I guess when she became different from me (around the time she started competing in contests), the link faded and I didn't like her as much. Either that or I was bugged earlier by the way her dub voice sounded.

That is...actually a pretty good reason. It at least is evidence towards my theory that Nintendo protagonists don't talk because no one wants to hear them talk. Heck, you can't have everything in life.

To extend my original post, I don't like Misty as much as the other girls for a reason I can explain in one link (and remember, this is just my perspective, so if you want to attack me, at least keep that in mind):
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FauxActionGirl

The fact May and Dawn end up being Chicks and yet participate more than Misty only serves to increase my perception of the latter that way.

RenviLLe

Spinning around!
    Years
    Misty. I didn't mean that the other 2 was bad. But Misty has something. Dawn and May are both great, but they don't have the originalities that misty have. Like..... a single type pokemon collection.

ShadowDeeps

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2021
    Misty. Her dynamic nature (as well as the intermingling of her superiority and inferiority complex, and how they develop... along with how Misty matured in many facets, eventually, and how she balanced her desires, since, in my eyes, to think of oneself even for a moment is self-indulgent in some ways) was in intrigue for me, and her emotions, chastising or not, or enough so to acknowledge others or not, were strong IMO. That makes for a much stronger character than either May or Dawn in my eyes. That would probably be because I feel Misty is a strong and unique enough character to partake the main cast. May and Dawn just feel like minor characters in my eyes - hence my preference of Misty. Though, I will concede that Togepi lowered the impact of Misty's character to me, and tried too hard to be cute. The ear-pulling, too, became banal quite quickly, but then again Brock seems just as reduced at this point in the series. I miss Misty, but her departure did transiently add more drama than the show usually has at least.

But I did enjoy the episode where Togepi evolved into Togetic and when Misty and Togetic parted - not because I'm not a huge fan of Togepi - but because it was moving and fervid. I even would have liked there to be a flashback, but the scene works just as well without that.

But, as stated, I'd pick Misty, because I feel she's a much more powerful and complex character than Dawn and May combined.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    What? No Takeshi? *shot'd*

I used to like May, since I like brunettes and she seems the most natural and easy going out of the three, but I'll jump on the bandwagon and say Misty. She's just so much more dynamic and complex than the other two.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    They're all equally bad If I had to choose, I'd go with Misty. I think. << May is too whiny and Dawn...bleh. *dies* Sometimes I think she's a copy of May. Lol I wish I could've seen the episode where her and May were battling. That might've been funny to see. xD

-Neko

Back