• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    Ok, so after the news... I'm sure that if Misty doesn't return next season we will never see her or any of the old characters ever again. Ever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Ok, so after the news... I'm sure that if Misty doesn't return next season we will never see her or any of the old characters ever again. Ever.

Not to mention that we most likely won't even GET a new Pokémon series ever after this. This is just going to be a disaster. I don't care if there were Trials in Gen VII, this stinks, especially when Gen VII made clear we'd actually be forming our own Pokémon League.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    I wasn't talking about that lol
    If Ash really is going to school this is the perfect setting to bring all of his past companions (as schoolmates). Sure, they would need some pretty lame excuses, but this is probably the only way of bringing multiple characters at once without it being a party in Pallet or something lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    This thread can be closed now. Its obvious by taking one look at the Sun/Moon poster that Misty won't be appearing this saga or ever again.

Misty was written off 14 years ago and her cameos stopped 11 years ago in mid-AG. She's been gone 5 generations in a row. Its obvious to everyone she (or any other older character), won't ever be appearing. And this has been common sense for 10 years now.

Years
  • I knew the GEM figures Weedle kept mentioning had nothing to do with proving if the character returns to the anime. So yeah, good riddance, because I never believed that claim.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    This thread can be closed now. Its obvious by taking one look at the Sun/Moon poster that Misty won't be appearing this saga or ever again.

Misty was written off 14 years ago and her cameos stopped 11 years ago in mid-AG. She's been gone 5 generations in a row. Its obvious to everyone she (or any other older character), won't ever be appearing. And this has been common sense for 10 years now.

If we were to use Common Sense as you put it, Charizard would NEVER have become an Oaked Pokémon (remember, he was gone for just as long, written off like she was, and even IF he were to return, chances were he would have gone back to Charcific Valley after the event he was needed for was taken care of, like with Claire, the Silver Conference, and Noland, and Brandon, yet BW changed all that by having him actually return to Ash's group permanently. If he could pull that off, Misty most certainly can, even you have to admit that.), and Jessiebelle would never have returned for DP either (and BTW, considering Jessiebelle was a COTD, which by definition was MEANT to be a one-off, that meant she had even LESS chances of reappearing than Misty, a former main character, did. Heck, in Jessiebelle's case, she had been gone for at the very least a full decade, if not a full dozen years.). So no, we still have a chance at bringing her back. Only time there's absolutely zero chance is if the show gets cancelled.

Also, I know a friend of someone mentioned that Mayumi Iizuka confirmed Misty would be coming back, so the point is moot. I still need to get the source, but as soon as I get it, I'll post it.

And those GEM figures were released around the 20th Anniversary of the Games instead of the Anime. If they were meant to be for the Anime's 20th Anniversary, common sense would dictate they be released next year, NOT this year. Not to mention, don't you think they would have released any figures of past figures beforehand if this had any precedent like, I don't know, during the 10th Anniversary of the Anime, or even the 10th Anniversary of the games?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    Mayumi confirming anything is a complete lie, there's nothing in her twitter account.
    We have no way of knowing who Ash's companions are or even if he'll have any, at least not yet.
    I don't really believe that Misty will ever return as a main character, but there's still a chance for a cameo with this 20th anniversary hype.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Mayumi confirming anything is a complete lie, there's nothing in her twitter account.
    We have no way of knowing who Ash's companions are or even if he'll have any, at least not yet.
    I don't really believe that Misty will ever return as a main character, but there's still a chance for a cameo with this 20th anniversary hype.

Iizuka does have a blog, though, so I'll wait and see. I already asked the person who made that claim, MistyforAlola on Tumblr, and I'm awaiting a response, maybe even a post actually giving the link. As soon as MistyforAlola gives the link, I'll make sure to post it ASAP.

Either way, the point still stands that Misty still definitely has a chance for returning to the series. A low chance? Sure, but then again, Charizard even becoming an Oaked Pokémon was a low chance as well, arguably even lower of a chance than Misty's return since the previous four times he appeared, he only helped Ash with the immediate battle and then returned to Charcific Valley, then he was absent for the entirety of DP, and yet, in BW, he actually managed to return to Ash's party permanently, staying with Ash all the way to Best Wishes' end where he, sure enough, became an Oaked Pokémon. If Charizard could pull THAT off, it's reason to state Misty definitely has the same chances as well.

The only time Misty truly has absolutely zero chance in the most literal sense of the term is if the overall anime got cancelled.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    Idk, that tumblr is not very trustworthy. I suspect it's actually a troll trying to make pokeshipping look bad pretending to be a hardcore pokeshipper.

Tbh maybe it's for the best if Misty never comes back. These writers clearly don't know wtf they are doing, so they would probably end up ruining her character.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Idk, that tumblr is not very trustworthy. I suspect it's actually a troll trying to make pokeshipping look bad pretending to be a hardcore pokeshipper.

Tbh maybe it's for the best if Misty never comes back. These writers clearly don't know wtf they are doing, so they would probably end up ruining her character.

Problem is, unlike most of the other cast members who've come and gone, she basically wasn't even left with the ability to actually continue her goal, nor, unlike Brock, did she change her goal of her own free will as she was essentially forced to put her goal on hold. It's better that she return, at least long enough to ensure she pursues her goal again rather than being forced into a gym yet again where she'll be doomed to atrophy. For that reason alone, I'm willing to risk bringing her back even under incompetent writers so long as it ensures she doesn't stay in the Gym and atrophy to JJM levels. Maybe if Misty was actually pursuing her goal of Water Pokémon Master and travelling by herself like May, Dawn, Iris, and most likely Serena after her, I would agree her not returning is for the best, but being forced into a gym position is probably the worst they can do to her, even mismanaging her in the show would have been better so long as she at least pursued her goal.

As far as the Tumblr page, this person's loyalty to Misty is definitely sincere, and she definitely doesn't have many positive views of Amourshipping either (though this Tumblr user acknowledged they can even accept those who aren't Pokeshippers into the fold as long as they intend for Misty to return first and foremost).

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Eh.

At this point, I know Misty is never going to return. Not even in the form of a special episode like Brock did. Ah well. I mean, it seems most old characters are retconned out of existence at this point. What a shame.

After what they did with Ash in Sun and Moon's poster I'd rather not to see Misty or any other old character returning (As much as I want them to). Just look at him? They should have just gotten rid of him after XY.. Such an embarrassment.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    After what they did with Ash in Sun and Moon's poster I'd rather not to see Misty or any other old character returning (As much as I want them to). Just look at him? They should have just gotten rid of him after XY.. Such an embarrassment.

If they don't return in the main series, fine, especially given what they did to Ash on the poster, but they should at LEAST give Misty a Sunday Special showing her actually LEAVING the Cerulean Gym and going to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal by herself.

Anyways, MistyforAlola's about to ask the friend to mentioned this info about that friend's source. Hopefully I'll get the information soon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    If they don't return in the main series, fine, especially given what they did to Ash on the poster, but they should at LEAST give Misty a Sunday Special showing her actually LEAVING the Cerulean Gym and going to pursue her Water Pokémon Master goal by herself.

Anyways, MistyforAlola's about to ask the friend to mentioned this info about that friend's source. Hopefully I'll get the information soon.

What info are you talking about? Is it reliable ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    What info are you talking about? Is it reliable ?

Oh, MistyforAlola of Tumblr had previously indicated that, according to a friend, Mayumi Iizuka stated that she will return to voice Misty. I asked MistyforAlola to supply the source today, and she is out to get it from said friend. As soon as that info is received, this thread will be the first place on Pokecommunity to find out.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Oh, MistyforAlola of Tumblr had previously indicated that, according to a friend, Mayumi Iizuka stated that she will return to voice Misty. I asked MistyforAlola to supply the source today, and she is out to get it from said friend. As soon as that info is received, this thread will be the first place on Pokecommunity to find out.

Ok good to know. I would be happy if u could PM me once u know, since I might miss it in the thread..

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2017
    Yeah, sure he "forgot".
    C'mon, if Mayumi had really confirmed anything it'd have been all over the internet by now.
    Like someone that was talking about this with the pokeshipping tumblr said, mistyforalola was probably talking about a project Mayumi mentioned briefly on twitter months ago. Apparently that started some rumors over 4chan because people thought she COULD be talking about the pokeani.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Yeah, sure he "forgot".
    C'mon, if Mayumi had really confirmed anything it'd have been all over the internet by now.
    Like someone that was talking about this with the pokeshipping tumblr said, mistyforalola was probably talking about a project Mayumi mentioned briefly on twitter months ago. Apparently that started some rumors over 4chan because people thought she COULD be talking about the pokeani.

The source apparently came from this video: https://youtu.be/iZEbjQofRUw At least, that's what MistyforAlola directed me to when I asked to put the screws on him. And anyways, I've emailed the author for the source. If he remembers in a timely fashion, I'll make sure to post the source.

And don't think that just because Mayumi Iizuka said something means it will be all over the internet. Serebii.net didn't comment on the Scandal on Pokémon Star that Mayumi Iizuka mentioned a couple years back in a Twitter post while in character as Misty, for example. And I definitely don't recall Serebii.net ever covering the bit regarding Team Rocket Radio's special with Misty and Ash (in fact, they didn't even cover Team Rocket Radio at all, and even Dogasu which did cover it to some extent never covered the Misty and Ash thing. I only found out about that from Tumblr).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back