• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moderators

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    For the most part, I have to agree, we have a pretty good staff. I can't say the same of every one of them, however. :\

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    i like the mods on here, they're nice and fair, unlike some on other forums i've been to, who just ban me for posting a thread and give no reason for it >.>

i'm happy with the mods on here, even though i ran into a little... "problem" with one, but its over with ^^

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
    Well, even thought I just have been here for a short time I've seen the MODs are really nice and efficent as Deja Vu said, I noticed that they are fast, comprenssive and careful, well mostly of them :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    From my previous posts I have mentioned that the staff are fantastic, but like others mentioned not every staff member/moderators are doing thier job properly, but it is good too see majority doing thier job how they should be.
    Staff Memebers and Mods are just normal People like everyone else. At first I was intimidated by them, who wouldn't be? But over time I got to know them a bit and they are actually very nice people to talk to.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    From my point of view, all the credit can't go to the mods/staff. I think some of it has to do with the fact that a good number of PC's members are pretty cool as far as handling rules go. On a lot of forums, members seem to lash out and/or rebel. Though, most of the time with this place, if someone's broken a rule and you let them know once, they're willing to shape up. That's always nice, makes it easier on us. :3

I love complements though, it's good to know we're thought highly of by people. ; ;

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    From my point of view, all the credit can't go to the mods/staff. I think some of it has to do with the fact that a good number of PC's members are pretty cool as far as handling rules go. On a lot of forums, members seem to lash out and/or rebel. Though, most of the time with this place, if someone's broken a rule and you let them know once, they're willing to shape up. That's always nice, makes it easier on us. :3

I love complements though, it's good to know we're thought highly of by people. ; ;
    Yes you have got a good point there, and I'll second it. Woah! You didn't know so many people appreicated you! :O How could you NOT know.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I personally feel that the quality of the staff has been dropping ever since Fox♠ and I left. Things just aren't the same, and it shows in their work.

^ Someone has an ego.

The mods are great; they're active, direct, and polite. Hiro and bob specifically do great jobs (I haven't really encountered the other mods; I'm usually on the HGSS board). Twilight Blades is awesome, too, just 'cause it's true :P (and she traded me a badass Torchic a long time ago, as well as a really good IV Eevee).

Good job guys!

.Bullet

My Valentine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    I've seen a few examples of some bad occasions with staff here (not with me, I've heard things, though), but I have to hand it to you guys.

You know how to run a forum, and a damned good one at that.

Haha.... *shot*

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Agreed. Not once have had any issues with the mods, and I've found them to be quite friendly and down-to-earth, unlike at some other forums which I have since abandoned. The fact that I intend to remain on PC for the long haul says something about the quality of the staff here.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    ^ Someone doesn't know a joke when they see one obviously never experienced just how awesome Foxachi really was.
    Not everyhitng evolves around Foxachi. I have to admit it was a power house. You need to accept that other people are now staff and Are running the community in thier own way. It doesn't matter HOW they do it as long as they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and that is, keeping PC fun, safe and Spam Free and informative.

Years
    Staff members come and go, it's not an unusual occurrence. Each and every staff member has given their own time to help better this community, may it be the staff of the past or the present, every single one of them have contributed to making PC as advanced and knowledgeable than it ever was before, therefore both staff and ex-staff members deserve a great deal of credit.

It's like passing the baton once a staff member quits, there are people capable of doing the job; it's not rocket science, it can be done. I don't believe any staff team here on PC to be incapable in whatever state it is in at the moment. No moderator or higher staff member is better than each other, let alone less capable than each other, because they all commit themselves to doing the very same thing their position beckons them to do, and that is to monitor the welfare of the community, and to moderate all issues that happen to lie unresolved.

PC is resilient in the sense that the members will always keep up its legacy; therefore PC will never die no matter what anybody claims and theorizes. It will only carry on growing in popularity and interest. Staff members are human, it's only natural that some may gradually lose interest and to leave, once that happens then their position is then passed onto someone fresh and lacking jadedness, with the potential of making broad ideas without the cons of experience weighing them down, they must be somebody who is willing to get the job done. And that's what keeps this community in its stable state. Should any former staff member rekindle their desire to go at the job once more, then good luck to them, they'd be going at their job once more with a new kind of resolution in mind.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Not everyhitng evolves around Foxachi. I have to admit it was a power house. You need to accept that other people are now staff and Are running the community in thier own way. It doesn't matter HOW they do it as long as they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and that is, keeping PC fun, safe and Spam Free and informative.
    Why so serious?

^ Someone has an ego.
    ^ Someone's never seen Foxachi.

OT: I agree completely, mods are awesome.

Just avoid their feeding times.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    I must admit, I've had my "issues" with mods, but they're just doing their jobs, and they do a fine job.

Coming off nearly every other moderated site I've ever been on, when I first showed up here, I simply assumed that all the mods(and the rest of the staff, for that matter)were up on a pedestal, above us "lower beings". But after some time of observation and lurking/stalking and having talked to a few of them, I realized that's simply not the case, that they're regular people who got luckier than me. -_- lol
    *thumbs up* Keep up the good work! :D

Please don't feed on me!!! D:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    It really does feel good to have someone compliment that the team has been working well. It makes me feel prouder to be a Moderator. One thing that I do have to note is that age really isn't a matter here - I think it's more about the age of the mind, not the physical age of someone. I know three fifteen year olds and even a twelve year old on the staff that act like any mature person would.

Thanks to everyone who appreciates what we do. This put a smile on my face. Foxachi rules.

Last edited:

Deja Vu

Smug Lord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2014
    While were talking about favorite Mods, I think Fox, TwilightBlade, and Hiro are (were/was in Fox's case) the most enjoyable.

@ EliteOverlordLaSabre: The quality of the staff definitely is one of the things that makes this Pokemon forum superior.

Shakespeare

Today We Play It My Way!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2011
    The mods on PokeCommunity are awesome, yes - they're better than some mods on other forums I go to. However, you need to thank somebody else for the mods - the admins. After all, they are the ones that gave them the moderator job.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    But with that said, having a position like this on a forum is very much like being an employee at a retail store. You get so many bad customers who complain about every little thing and one comes along and gives you a compliment. It really lifts your day. Even if it's just one person. Even if it's someone you don't know. It's nice to know you're appreciated by someone.

I was having a suckish day because of my Friday night plans falling apart, but this managed to make me feel a little better.

OMG, I know exactly how you feel. When I worked at AutoZone people would get mad at me for them not knowing exactly what they needed. People can be, for a lack of a better word, stupid some times.

It really does feel good to have someone compliment that the team has been working well. It makes me feel prouder to be a Moderator. One thing that I do have to note is that age really isn't a matter here - I think it's more about the age of the mind, not the physical age of someone. I know three fifteen year olds and even a twelve year old on the staff that act like any mature person would.

Thats what I was going to say/ add to my first post, but you beat me too it. Why is it that everyone one here doesn't get on till after midnight my time? T_T

Someone should change the title to this threat into "Official Staff praise thread." lol

Back