• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 2

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4PMRFkx07g
    (Watch it in HD)

From that vid...

~ Names pops up
    Names of the ones you kill pops up at the bottom of the screen, and names of ones who does major things (captures the flag, calls in an AC130, Multi-Kill, etc) in the top right.

~ Killstreaks
    3 Kills for a UAV
    4 Kills for an Airdrop
    5 Kills for a Predator Missile
    (And if you haven't seen the vid on the AC130 then click here to check that one out)

~ Throwing knives

~ Dual Attachments
    (Look at the end, the one who throws the knife)

And most of all....
    ~ Host migration
    Should have been in CoD4... and WaW. But at least in MW2 we'll have it.

Homagawd!

Didnt even see that last vid released on the 28th. Niw I really am pre ordering this.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The G3 better be automatic in multiplayer. I was wholeheartedly disappointed with it in CoD4

I agree with this. I'm so glad the FAMAS will finally make an appearance! Very happy that I preordered this game, sadly I could never afford the Prestige edition and those awesome night goggles. ;D

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    This is the first time I actually think I'll be buying a game. I'm pumped about the multiplayer obviously. I think that's the main reason I want the game. XD; The story doesn't look bad either though. :x

It'll be fun to see if they continue the Zombies from World at War, but it'll be great even if it doesn't have something akin to that.

There's a rumour going round that the zombies will be replaced by aliens. I don't believe it as there haven't been any official videos released indicating anything like that will be in the game, but it would be awesome if it turned out to be real.

As for the game, I heard the MP5 is still gonna be around. That's cool. And so long as the AK-74u stays in the game (I think that was confirmed too), everything's gonna be okay.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
    Does anyone know if its coming out for the wii? I mean they didn't say anything at E3 that it isn't but i mean they said the same thing about COD WaW and it came out on the wii later on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017

There's a rumour going round that the zombies will be replaced by aliens. I don't believe it as there haven't been any official videos released indicating anything like that will be in the game, but it would be awesome if it turned out to be real.

As for the game, I heard the MP5 is still gonna be around. That's cool. And so long as the AK-74u stays in the game (I think that was confirmed too), everything's gonna be okay.
    No zombies, no aliens. The extra game-mode is called "Spec-Ops". Basically, it's two players going through different missions together and lasting as long as they can without dying. Doesn't sound as good as zombies to me, but oh well.

Years
    Does anyone know if its coming out for the wii? I mean they didn't say anything at E3 that it isn't but i mean they said the same thing about COD WaW and it came out on the wii later on.

I really, really doubt it as the wii is getting the original MW at the same time we're getting MW2 so if MW2 was going to be on the wii I'd say 2011. D:

No zombies, no aliens. The extra game-mode is called "Spec-Ops". Basically, it's two players going through different missions together and lasting as long as they can without dying. Doesn't sound as good as zombies to me, but oh well.

I think they'll do an 800MP add-on after they realised they needed a nazi zombie-esque thing to keep up the popularity. They'll also do it for the simple cash of it probably.

I want to see a game were a team of 4 raid terrorist bases and see how many they can in a certain time limit or without dying.

{NM}Redwolf

Rebels against the God
    Years
    I really, really doubt it as the wii is getting the original MW at the same time we're getting MW2 so if MW2 was going to be on the wii I'd say 2011. D:
    Where did u hear that the wii is getting the orginal MW?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I think they'll do an 800MP add-on after they realised they needed a nazi zombie-esque thing to keep up the popularity. They'll also do it for the simple cash of it probably.

I want to see a game were a team of 4 raid terrorist bases and see how many they can in a certain time limit or without dying.

Doubt they'll do any Zombie-ish thing for the Modern Warfare series, especially since MW is hardly part of the COD series anymore and has become more of a spin-off (or so I remember reading somewhere.) If anything, they'll keep the sci-fi things for the next COD game since it's being developed by the same people who did COD5 and not Infinity Ward.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023

Ew :( Nazi Zombies was basically my only reason for getting World at War. I bet they'll realise this is a flaw after it's released, and they'll release new maps for a Nazi Zombie/Alien thing.

The Spec-Ops thing doesn't sound that bad though. Reminds me of the multi-player in James Bond: Everything or Nothing. That was awesome and highly addictive too.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Some updated news on MW2...

https://kotaku.com/5360374/modern-warfare-2-conference-call-of-liveblog
    From that...
    "4 gets you a care package with a random drop."
    Now I wonder what this is. This thing came up in the Capture the Flag video. But they never told what it did.

"New feature called "Callsign", which lets you customise your online account with custom tags, clan emblems, etc. This also lets you create a custom class with a custom weapons loadout."
    I wonder how much of a difference this will be then the current create a class thing. I wonder if it'll be the same with just a fancy icon slapped on it, or will there be something new to it.

"New perk.... "Scavenger", which lets you get a full resupply from a dead enemy."
    If this is what I think it is then it's going to be a crappy perk. Meaning it'll resupply grenades, and tubes. Nades aren't that bad, but tubes and RPGs.... yea.

And..... they also talked about a new "Limited Edition" 360.
    Modern Warfare 2

They call it the "Super Elite".
    https://kotaku.com/5360377/microsoft-releasing-250gb-xbox-360-for-modern-warfare-2-[update]

It's a nice package, a 250 gig HDD, 2 controllers, and a copy of the game.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wow, Im actually planning on buying an elite at the end of this week but Im not sure if I should wait and get this or if its even worth it. I kinda hate the design and I kinda like it.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lol, Im guessing a plane or a gun! XD Im not gonna act like I know but Id like to.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
    i am excited about this game as well i already pre-ordered it for november although it is a bit odd why they didn't do the sequel right after modern warfare instead of waiting until they made waw.

Years
    i am excited about this game as well i already pre-ordered it for november although it is a bit odd why they didn't do the sequel right after modern warfare instead of waiting until they made waw.

It's because two companies swap for each game.

Infinty Ward made MW and are making MW2 while Treyarch made WaW and will make CoD7.

I don't see how 250GB is needed, I haven't used much of my 60GB memory.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's because two companies swap for each game.

Infinty Ward made MW and are making MW2 while Treyarch made WaW and will make CoD7.

I don't see how 250GB is needed, I haven't used much of my 60GB memory.

*Call of Duty 5.
    World at War isn't CoD5, and MW2 isnt CoD6. They're separate entries to the series.

And the 250gb is the standard "our HDD is bigger than PS3s HDD" thing.

Back