• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modern Warfare 3

Years

• The long awaited and hyped sequel to the Call of Duty franchise is set to be on store shelves November 8th, 2011. What sort of things do you expect/want to see included in MW3? What needs to be done differently from Black Ops, or vice-versa? Will you get MW3, or just wait fro another future game, why or why not? Discuss anything and everything pertaining to Modern Warfare 3.

Discuss.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I've never played Battlefield, or anything in the game series, so I can't really say anything negative, or biased about it. But anyway, I wouldn't say I'm too excited about this game, but it seems like it will be good I guess. What I want to see is zombies and special ops return to this. It'd be nice to see soething about Element 115 return into the game, and I did quite enjoy the Special Ops of MW2. What I'm saying is that the game seems like it needs more definitive team games, such as those. Not like you're fighting against one another like in the multiplayer modes.

Also, this trailer is better.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    AAAAH DAMNIT, was totally going to make this topic. Always too late.

I'm looking forward to it. On the graphics side of everything, it's a damn shame that they didn't seem to improve one bit from MW2. Sure, the MW2 graphics were nice and all, but some improvement would have been fantastic. In comparison to Battlefield 3, this looks rather sub-par. I hope they keep working on tweaking the graphics in some fashion before the release date.

If the music from this trailer is anything to go on, then I'm hoping this soundtrack will be superior to MW2. Anyone know if Hans Zimmer is the composer for this as well? Don't feel like looking it up. He was a great addition to the playing experience in MW2.

Oh and it's nice to finally get some officialness to the whole "WW3" plot, which many were theorizing about. I always enjoy MW campaigns, as short as they are. I'm getting the feeling I'll enjoy this one too. I can't wait to see some multiplayer videos in the future.

@Alternative, that video has some really horrible sound quality haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I probably wont get it

I liked MW, but the second one felt pretty lacking compared to the first

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
    Years
  • I didn't like Black Ops, so I'm hoping this will be a little better. At least enough to keep me interested for more than a month, or for more than 2 prestiges.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Oh yeah. I really hope they do some good things in multiplayer. Get rid of ghost, second chance (last stand) and don't bring anything stupid back into it from MW2. Like stopping power. They should make the guns do the same damage as stopping power but in MW2 you can almost say you had 2 perk slots.

I also hope objective games don't affect K/D. Then maybe we'll keep people who want good K/D's out of dom, demo and CTF.

Years
  • I'll buy it purely because I want to know how the story carries on.

I'll probably give multiplayer a go but if it is anything like Black Ops' then it'll be straight to trade-in.

Looking forward more to Battlefield this time.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I'll be getting MW3, at the very least for the campaign. I think the trailer was nice, I liked the part where it said "WW3" and then the logo flipped. When I first saw the trailer at the end it said "WW3" and I'm thinking "That logo doesn't look right" and then it started flipping and that's when it hit me. I think it was nice, but my all time fav trailer goes to a MW2 trailer. Infamy, I don't think there will be another CoD trailer as epic as that one, the music, what went on in the trailer, and most of all showing DC.

I personally don't think (at least in my book) that the campaign will top MW2's. I said it before when I finished it a year and a half ago and I'll say it again... MW2 had the best singleplayer campaign of any shooter I played. I really loved the story, the plot, the characters, the levels, the surprises, and so on and so on. I think Black Ops tried to copy that but it just wasn't as good...
    But will MW3 top MW2's story?... I don't see how, but that's just me.

What sort of things do you expect/want to see included in MW3? What needs to be done differently from Black Ops, or vice-versa?
    Here's some things that I'd like to see changed/added/removed in MW3. If you (this isn't pointed at you Live, as in anyone who reads this) don't like them then... whatever... this is just my personal views that I'd like to see done, we all have our own likes and dislikes and so here's mine.
    It's a pretty long list so thus spoilers.

~ From Black Ops to MW3
    Spoiler:

~ From MW2 to MW3
    Spoiler:

~ Hope they remove
    Spoiler:

~ Hope they add
    Spoiler:

~ The number 1 thing they need to do for MW3
    Spoiler:

Years
  • My God, you really need to get outside and into those parks like we talked about! :P

When I watched the trailer, I was pretty impressed with it. I liked how it looked and just the feel of the game from the trailer. So it should be interesting to see how it shapes up. I will be keeping an eye on it!​

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
    Years
  • I think i will buy it lol.
    I liked black ops (was my first COD game) but the multiplayer had so many empty servers, it made me feel all alone :(
    (that really sucks when all the full servers are only running one map: Nuketown)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Some people tend to want only Multiplayer features for this game. What I would like to see is some fresh new campaign or something, but knowing my luck that won't happen. I do actually get around to the campaign at one stage, so I think it'd be good to make that better.

As for the other multiplayer modes (meaning not standard multiplayer), such as zombies etc, I'd like to see a more co-op based game out, sort of like the Spec Ops in MW2. It's one of those things people really do enjoy when it comes to playing a game like this, to just have an alternate mode where you can team up with people for a common goal. I'd actually like to see this in 4-man squads as well, instead of two, if they do decide to implement it.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really don't want Stopping Power to return... but if that's what it takes to even out "Ghost"... I guess I can deal with it. :(

~ Hope they add
    Spoiler:

I agree with all of that, especially the Rotating Killstreaks. I've always thought how stupid it was to have a Harrier for example and having a UAV underneath it and not be able to use that before placing your Harrier. This is something that's been needed for a while.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree with a fair amount of Arcanine's post.

After dedicated servers, the next thing on the list has to be return of the nuke. I know people hate it ending the game but after you get a few nukes on MW2, you play BO and think 'why am I bothering?', nukes really gave you something to try and achieve. Maybe boost it to 30 killstreak to make them slightly less frequent.

On the combat training thing, maybe it should do check to see if you have any data on previous CoD games, if you don't have any data then you must play 5 combat training matches before joining real multiplayer matches.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The nuke was an interesting idea on paper, but honestly, I feel at this point it would promote boosting way too much.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Maybe if the Nuke was set at an automatic Killstreak it would work, but it'd be a little different. Sure it'd be automatic, but depending on the KS rewards you have, depends on the KS needed to get the nuke. So having say, UAV and Counter UAV would yield in a 20-KS nuke, whereas having say, a Harrier and Chopper gunner would yield a 40-KS nuke.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Unlike the majority of CoD fans, I'll be buying this one for the single player mode/campaign. I have to see how this ends...

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    Lol, if i start this game up and go online and if I see any kind of crates resembling stairs I'm getting my money back -_-

Back