• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MOM, GET OFF THE COMPUTER!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • How many hours per week - on average - do you spend on a computer? (Be it home, school, university or work.) Do you think it's too much or too little? How would you cope if you didn't have access to a computer?

Yadda yadda yadda... go!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I just kinda worked it out, I spend more than 80 hours a week on the computer. I'm always doing other things at the same time though, like watching TV or reading, so it's not like I'm glued to the screen at all times. I do think it's too much but I have no real plans to change anything because if it weren't the computer I'd just waste my time doing something else lol.

I wouldn't cope without access to a computer. I didn't realise how dependent I was on it until my old laptop was away getting fixed. There was so much I wanted to do and couldn't and it damn near drove me insane. I ended up using my sister's computer when she was out of the house just so that I wouldn't perish from insanity.

Years
  • It depends on how long I'm awake for in that week and if I'm doing theory or practical in my classes. I pretty much spend all my time at home on my computer, I do pretty much everything on it from homework to watching TV.
    I know for sure I spend way to much time on my computer, but it's not causing any damage to me so I don't see any reason why I should stop.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, let's see... I wake up at 11AM, and instantly get on the computer... then stay on it until 2AM when I go to bed, so that's... 15 hours a day. Of course, I do shower/eat/exercise/go to the bathroom/etc... so subtract maybe up to 5 hours for that. So, I'd say on average 10-12 hours a day. So, between 70 and 84 hours a week.

I just kinda worked it out, I spend more than 80 hours a week on the computer. I'm always doing other things at the same time though, like watching TV or reading, so it's not like I'm glued to the screen at all times. I do think it's too much but I have no real plans to change anything because if it weren't the computer I'd just waste my time doing something else lol.

I wouldn't cope without access to a computer. I didn't realise how dependent I was on it until my old laptop was away getting fixed. There was so much I wanted to do and couldn't and it damn near drove me insane. I ended up using my sister's computer when she was out of the house just so that I wouldn't perish from insanity.

My computer died a few years ago during spring break, so I didn't even have school to distract me... I just played mario kart wii all day every day (It had just come out), and I was so good at that game by the end of it, lol. I literally got 1st 99% of the time, and that's a game where skill means nothing if someone gets the right item.

xdom

Jaguar Skills
    Years
  • i spend way to much time on the computer at home about 10 hours and 2 hours at school most of what i do is bars running servers for minecraft and PO for a differnt forum i got a bunch of people on there in to so i made a server for us to talk and play on.
    when i leave my house and go to a friends i also get on the computer a lot but agian it's usally working on raps we do together

TheFallenUmbreon

Dreams shall never fall...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    ^Lucky people -.- I spend an hour and a half on the computer during the weekdays. However, during weekends, I can go on for 2. But who said I couldn't use my iPod the whole time? XD WIN

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I do spend a great deal of time on my Computer, it can get very addictive but I try to limit myself by taking long breaks, going out, other activities etc.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • Hahahaha, probably a bad question to ask me.

I spend upwards of 40 hours a week on the computer (for various, mostly legitimate reasons).

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    Well, on weekdays, I usually get up at 6:30-7:30. I use the computer till I have to go to school, and thats about 2 hours T_T
    Then I get home at 4:00. Then I'm on for the rest of the day. So about 8 hours on weekdays. On fridays and saturdays (and other days when there is no school the next morning), I get up around 8:30, and I'm on till 11:30.
    So about 70 hours a week I guess?

Damn I need to hang out with my friends more...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    A lot. Way more than I probably should but I don't feel deprived of human contact or anything so it doesn't seem like a big deal yet. I have friends, a boyfriend, at school I go out every couple of days and spend time with them, which is enough for me. :)

xdom

Jaguar Skills
    Years
  • I do spend a great deal of time on my Computer, it can get very addictive but I try to limit myself by taking long breaks, going out, other activities etc.

i ride around on my longboard a lot for excise and try to take 15 minute breaks

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I did my own set of super-accurate calculations, and it comes to approximately 50 hours per week. It would probably be more if I didn't make a conscious effort to not go on the computer for X numbers of hours a day. At the moments, I have oodles of free time, so I try and be productive (ha!) by seeing friends when I can, going for a walk, or doing work around the house, or even going to the cinema. None of these are tremendous humanitarian works by any stretch of the imagination, but they do keep me off the computer so that I don't become enslaved to it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Depends on the day. If it's a weekday, I'll probably be on the computer between 12 and until nearly 3. After that, I have to go to work until 11:30, and by then, I don't really feel like going on the computer and tend to just stay in my room and watch TV, maybe play a video game, and then go to sleep. On weekends, it depends if anyone else is home. I don't have access to my laptop right now, and won't until school starts up again, so I need to use the computer that's in the living room and since other people use it, if other people are home, they'd probably be on it. When school's back, I don't think I'd even have that time between 12 and 3, unless you count using the computer during class.

So add that together and I'm going to say I spend at least 15 hours a week on the computer.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I spend a lot of time on the computer. Especially now that my laptop isn't a pain to work on, I usually have it sitting on the coffee table no matter what I'm doing, so it's easy to check in on the internet even while I'm doing something else. (And if the laptop isn't there, my smartphone always is.)

I guess if I add up the hours I literally spend on the computer, I'd be on between 5 and 14 hours a day. I think this is (sadly) an improvement over previous years. On average, I think it's probably about 7 hours. But I also do pretty much all of my schoolwork on the computer so it's not all bumming around doing nothing. (Although most of it is bumming around doing nothing.)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Allllllll day.

I work on the computer, all my school work is on the computer, my leisure stuff is on the computer. When I'm watching TV, I'll have my laptop on my lap.

Years
  • How much time do you spend on a computer?

Most of the day expect for some of school/sleep

Same with me, buddy. I basically wanna do forums all day except for my study periods.

I'm usually inactive here on Wednesday-Friday mornings cos of studies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I spend waaay too many, idk most of the day because a lot of the time I just don't feel like doing anything worth anything lol. If I didn't have a computer I'd just use my iPhone. :3;

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • TN
    • Seen Feb 9, 2018
    Pretty much most of my time. I get on when I wake up and stay on forever..

This thread makes me feel better knowing there are people on the computer as much as me XD

Back