• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Annoying Pokemon move used against you (revived)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oooh. There are many.

It's really any status inducing move (especially Confuse Ray and Supersonic), Healing, and Evasion raising move (they're not that bad if they use it once or twice, but ohmygoodness when they use it more than one or twice? It's really annoying. x__x )

Also Sand-Attack. I want to hit those so badly when they use it, but you can get a freakin hit, like with Double Team and such.

Oh, and Harden at the beginning of the game when you don't have any Special Attacks. -nod-

Years
  • Fake Out is kinda irritating, but only for a second. I hate it when my opponents use Protect/Detect. Any status-inflicting moves, but especially sleep, poison, or confusion...or attraction. Evasion moves, of course.

Natures such as Static and Effect Spore piss me off because I feel like I can't even hit them with physical attacks.

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
    Years
  • Confuse ray/Supersonic.
    Swagger, Detect, and Protect are up there, too. :\

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2009
    I'd say Detect/Protect right when your about to finish the opponent.
    It always seems right when the opponent is about to faint they get Two detects in.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Recover after 20 turns of torture hurting the enemy. That just annoys me more than an OHKO, I've got my trusty Electivire.

EDIT: Actually, Rest after 20 turns of torture, plus a Chesto or Lum Berry.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Yay, my previous thread's been revived XD!

Protect/Detect, Confuse Ray/Supersonic/Swagger/Flatter/Teeter Dance, Toxic/Poison Gas, Rest, Endeavor.

Pretty much all these moves above. If you want to see the reasons, view my old thread.

Team Rockets Rockin

Rocket Revival
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2012
    Anything that causes confusion as my Pokemon always manage to hurt themselves at least once if not several times during the battle.

Years
  • Fissure, Sheer Cold and that other OH-KO move that I can't spell right to save my life. Those always hit when they're used against against me in Battle Tower. :|
    Horn Drill?

I hate the Blissey/Softboiled Combo. GAWD, it pisses me off.

I could say the same for Explosion. Jeez, what does it take to get an Electrode?!?!(Yes you, Pokemon Red/Blue.)

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Confuse Ray and Supersonic. Confusion is so annoying... and I especially hate fighting the Rocket Grunts in the various games because they always have Zubats, and they always use those stupid moves.

I also hate constant spamming of a move that puts Pokemon to sleep. In FireRed, the first of the Elite 4 has a Jynx. This Jynx knows a sleep move.. and if you can't K.O. it in one hit, the battle will go on so much longer than it should. Seriously, she uses the sleep move, puts my Pokemon to sleep, I use the Poke Flute. She attacks, and then since my Pokemon could not K.O. it one hit, uses the sleep attack again... And this cycle goes on forever.

But in all honesty, I pretty much hate any move which spans out a battle longer than it needs to be... Like Rest. They're only delaying their defeat, not changing the result of the battle

I agree about the time-wasting moves like Rest, Protect/Detect. Every time the foe uses them, I'm like, "Would you STOP?! You're gonna lose anyway!" (I hate it when I say this and I lose in the Battle Frontier due to hax+cheapness :cer_pissed:)

And confusion/sleep/paralysis are really annoying. Your Pokemon hits itself/can't move for 5 turns straight (or more, with paralysis). And this happens as your opponent is free to whale on your helpless Pokemon with powerful attacks... :( These statuses also happen a lot when you just happen to be in the red zone of low HP, instead of when it wouldn't trouble you at all with fuller HP. (IMO, your own Pokemon shouldn't be confused/paralyzed at all.) This happens with a lot of my large Pokemon, too... :/

Attract really annoys as well, but it's not as bad as confusion HP-wise. The only problem is that it lasts until either Pokemon switches that are involved in the "attraction". I hate it when my Pokemon is "immobilized by love" all the time; I'm like, "No, you're supposed to ATTACK now!! Don't go flirting with the foe when I'm TRYING TO WIN A FREAKIN' BATTLE HERE!!!"

@ Envy II, I hate that "cycle" you mentioned as well. It wastes all of my hard-earned items and prolongs the battle unnecessarily.

And Double Team must leave
    . Now. That move is really annoying, and can easily decide a battle. It's really pesky in double battles. For example, in the Battle Frontier, if you're facing Blissey and Snorlax, and you don't have Fighting-type moves, you have to choose which foe to target. Blissey holding Leftovers with Double Team and Softboiled can screw you over frequently with its high Sp. Def and HP.
    If you manage to target and finish off a so-called Snorlax, the Blissey's evasiveness is so high that you can barely hit it. And even if you do connect, you have to whittle down its HP very slowly if you're left with a Special Attacker.
    If you target and finish off Blissey first instead, Snorlax could've finished using Double Team and/or Curse to set up. Then, when you start focusing on it, again, you miss a lot, and Snorlax is all pumped up to KO in 1-2 hits. Also, it can take a few hits as well.
    Darn Double Team... :cer_pissed:

Confusion. >:|

And Earthquake. Because I don't have it.

QFT. For my temporary Emerald file, I'm currently using a Zapdos and Registeel without Earthquake (for Secret Base reasons) in Battle Tower's Multi Battles , and it is really annoying when Registeel is left alone in battle, despite its high Defense.
    A foe Flygon or Metagross comes out and destroys Registeel with EQ. The CP Trainers think they're so cool since they can have virutally unlimited EQ TMs, while you only get one (if you don't use it for breeding or use a Pokemon who learns EQ by level-up). If you don't have Earthquake yourself or a Flying-type/Levitating/Ground-resisting Pokemon, it can be seriously annoying when it cuts your Pokemon's HP to 0 instantly... Watch out in Platinum, Battle Frontier...I'll buy EQ with Battle Points and avenge all the times EQ made me suffer! :pirate: :rambo: :D

I hate the foe's OHKO moves & critical-hit moves; though they rarely hit me, they always hit me at bad times.

Lastly, darn Rock Slide! I hate it for the 2x-hit against my Zapdos and my Multi-Battle partner's Dragonite or Salamence. (Or the 4x-hit against Moltres or Articuno when I use them). AND it can result in an endless stream of your Pokemon flinching non-stop until they faint helplessly! :(

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Double Team Double Team Sand Attack Double Team Defense Curl Defense Curl Double Team Sand Attack. Eh, something like that

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Ha yeah, those are some annoying moves. But my biggest annoyance is thnuder wave. I seriously hate getting hit with that against in game opponents. That, or toxic:C Confusion is the least problamatic for me- at least it's gone fast and doesn't freakin stay with you after the battle.

Back