• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Difficult Pokemon to use?

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
    The King Of Dragons says Goomy. In my personal experience, he is quite impossible to use, literally, in every Dragon team, every time. He's NOT gonna clap anything out by himself, because even at the same levels as everything else, let's just randomly say, Axew or Fraxure, Dratini-Dragonair, or even Deino(who I'll get to in a minute!), his stats are just nowhere near comparably good enough to do any actual real damage. Even with super effective shots he will barely do anything.

He's just not viable as a first stage Dragon and he takes very long to become Sliggoo.

Deino is actually quite useful and so is Zweilous, they just suck as far as trying to get Hydreigon for the main game...you're pretty much going to have that small blue dragon for most, if not all of, your entire main run to the E4. Which is no fun considering how many dark type E4s there are.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2021
    I would say ice types in my experience are pretty hard to use. It sucks because I really like them but aside from helping go against dragon types they don't have a whole lot of utility since their other strengths overlap with other common types(ex fire, bug, and flying are also strong against grass, making Ice types unnecessary), and their weaknesses, such as fire and fighting, tend to be pretty common. Aside from learning some water type moves and aerial ace for coverage, they don't have a good way to defend themselves against these types.

Also, I really like Ariados and wanted to use one in my last Heartgold playthrough but Spinarak was such a pain to level up that I gave up along the way(In comparison, I added a Heracross that I caught at level 2 in its place, had a great time using it, and no difficulty leveling it up).

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
    I would say ice types in my experience are pretty hard to use. It sucks because I really like them but aside from helping go against dragon types they don't have a whole lot of utility since their other strengths overlap with other common types(ex fire, bug, and flying are also strong against grass, making Ice types unnecessary), and their weaknesses, such as fire and fighting, tend to be pretty common. Aside from learning some water type moves and aerial ace for coverage, they don't have a good way to defend themselves against these types.

Also, I really like Ariados and wanted to use one in my last Heartgold playthrough but Spinarak was such a pain to level up that I gave up along the way(In comparison, I added a Heracross that I caught at level 2 in its place, had a great time using it, and no difficulty leveling it up).

Glaceon seems like one of the only exceptions to that rule.

Years
    slaking. I remember using slaking back when emerald was first released. training it to be a slaking was hard enough as it is. imagine me just battling and I'm just pressing A on and on because of Slaking's ability :( grinding up used to be a murder for that A button.

I also suffer with training clefairy even though I think clefable is a cute pillow :((

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Battling with Delibird and Ledian during Pokémon Colosseum was terrible

Years
    Training Magikarp is unbearable. Of course, once it evolves it all becomes worthwhile.

I used a Mightyena in ORAS and although it was tremendous at dealing damage it was so noticeably frail and I ended up replacing it with an Absol because of this.

Back