• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen most frustrating part of the game

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    what was your trainers's most intimidating part of the game???
    mine was the part of getting giratina... i didnt get any of it until i went over it again and pushed the rocks in DX

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
  • Battling Team galactic early battles. When I only had Grotle, Dustox, and Shinx. But because of this I ended up getting one of my best pokemon through out the game, Bronzong.

Ezashin Koori

Cold Steel Wing Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    Getting past Maylene and Fighting Cyrus in the Distortion World. My team could beat most of her pokemon, but every time she sent out Lucario, even my Staravia would just faint right there. Though it wasn't as bad as battling Maylene, when you have to fight Cyrus, it's best to Save

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Your rival is ugly and needs to take his medication to calm himself down.
    The tedious puzzles in Maylene's (Pt) and Candice's gym.
    Lucian's Bronzong, especially in D/P.
    Cynthia's Garchomp.
    Any Battle Tower/Frontier facility.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • getting to disortion world because i was new to pokemon and my friend didn't tell me you had to beat Galactic Headquarters to get there

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Regigigas, Heatran, and Giratina. I sat that there for about 50 turns for Regi, and 9 each for Heatran and Giratina tossing Ultra and Timer balls while super potioning my pokemon. Annoying.

Ruin Maniac

Booshka
    Years
  • The most frustrating part of the game for me would be exactly what it is in every other pokemon OT game... Victory road. I cannot stand it, although the HeartGold/SoulSilver version of Victory road is relatively short..

Years
  • Distortion World, MT. Coronet, Victory Road and fighting Team Galactic were the most frustrating parts of the game, not hard but I was losing patience and started raging.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • having to endure the first Hour or so, the most boring start yet.

Mt Coronet... Too many golbats.

the double battlers that have Monferno Gyarados and Kadabra amongst other things,

Hyena

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2010
    having to endure the first Hour or so, the most boring start yet.

Agreed. I just restarted my Platinum and I'm having issues playing it cuz it's so boring. After you get the second badge things start getting interesting.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Well, there's Mt. Coronet, Stark Mountain, and the INSANELY high random encounter rate, especially when you've run out of Max Repels.

Not to mention tedious Gym puzzles.

WH

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    None really, but Mt. Coronet was a bit annoying once my Repels were gone.

!~Wing_Span~!

Finishing Touch
    Years
  • Yah... Distortion world troubled meee alot.. but then passing through all those tall grass and encountering pokemon encountered a lot of times in places like stark mountain O.O Not to mention battling grunts! arghh they have the same pokemon everytimeee!

Back