• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most ominious/creepy song you've heard?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Delìrium Còrdia by Fantômas
    The music, which was composed solely by Patton, could be described as the score to a horror movie and/or concept album centering on the theme of surgery without anesthesia. The album consists of a single track that runs for 74 minutes and 17 seconds.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Giygas
    /twitch
    You cannot comprehend the true form of Giygas's music.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • Giygas
    /twitch

I share your pain.
    Seriously, while I was battling that guy, I had the music on, I was freaking out because of it, and then there was a power cut... I still have nightmares *shudder*

Something that always seems kinda ominous to me (at least, it send shivers down my spine) is the opening to Pan's Labyrinth. It's called Hacé Muchos Muchos Tiempos (I believe).

If you go to the Pan's Labyrinth website (via Google, I'm too lazy to link) you can listen to the soundtrack. Track one, the opening bars of Mercedes' humming... *shiver*

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, I can't find the video or remember the name of the song. It was by Otep. It was more of a poem, I guess, but it had soft instruments at the back, and it freaked me out when I heard it.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I heard of a person who was afraid of the Doctor Who theme, but that was when he was a kid, he said that for about 4 years of his life, his parents put on Doctor Who instead of sending him to bed, and he went running to his bedroom, of course he is not afraid of the theme anymore, in fact, having never watched the show itself when he was young, he:t359:lutely loves Doctor Who now, me, I think the DOctor WHo theme is pretty cool, especially the (epic) latest rendition made for series 5

On the themes that creep me out, Big Bruty form Earthworm Jim, the Giygas theme from EarthBound, and various themes from Mother 3, the one that creeps me out the most is the (rarely heard and not in the music player) Abandoned Factory, and 3 unused tracks, one being a sad sounding Pigmask theme, the other Two being Giygas-sounding tracks, the unused Mother 3 tracks and the Abandoned Factory Tracks can be found here

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Pretty much every song by the Axis Of Perdition.

Although not a song, Atrium Carceri's dark ambient is pretty haunting.

Instrumental, God Is an Astronaut don't usually make creepy music, this one track is a little though.

Almost everything by Skinny Puppy.

Current 93 with 'I Have a Special Plan for This World' the full version is basically 22 minutes of weird and creepy spoken words.

The winner for me though, is Beachy Head by Throbbing Gristle. Not actually a song because it's instrumental again, but I find vocals usually ruin the creepiness.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I share your pain.
    Seriously, while I was battling that guy, I had the music on, I was freaking out because of it, and then there was a power cut... I still have nightmares *shudder*

*Hugs* T~T

Here are 3 links to the 3 major songs that play during the battle against Giygas. The original game is Earthbound from the SNES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1QfIbLulf8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb9kSCkjE8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ZubcNyUPY

Warning: Giygas is scary.

Oh and here's a fourth link. I didn't actually watch the movies beforehand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwBJgDK8zu0

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Giygas
    /twitch

I've never even played the game but I have heard the music before - literally the only boss in a game so far that even the name sends a chill down my spine through that music and the fight in general when it plays x.x

I heard of a person who was afraid of the Doctor Who theme, but that was when he was a kid, he said that for about 4 years of his life, his parents put on Doctor Who instead of sending him to bed, and he went running to his bedroom, of course he is not afraid of the theme anymore, in fact, having never watched the show itself when he was young, he:t359:lutely loves Doctor Who now, me, I think the DOctor WHo theme is pretty cool, especially the (epic) latest rendition made for series 5

I LOVE the Doctor Who theme <3 - But just imagine how many kids would be scared by today's variant of the theme if it was used all them years ago - thunder and lightning titles included XD

Freestyle Farfetch'd

I'm Magneto
    Years
  • Oh, this is easy - Grey stripe by Aphex Twin. Listening to this in the dark at 1am in surround sound is unsettling to say the least!

https://magicintent.narod.ru/aphextwin/SAW-vol2-d2/04_Grey_Stripe.mp3

As a runner up though, Magic Window by Boards of Canada! Seriously, try it and see:

Finaly, I must thank you folks for the links in this thread, I love creepy music. =) I have loads more suggestions for people who are into that kind of stuff. Try Nurse with Wound for example! That's some scary stuff.

Back