• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most used move in pokemon

Years
  • Have you ever wondered which move has been used the most since the creation of pokemon? Whether in the anime, manga or even when your playing the games a move you see used often or even you use often.

My say is that Flamethrower is one of the most used moves especially in the animes and manga and honestly I think its second only to thunderbolt and/or thundershock because of pikachu.

So what are your opinions? What do you think is the most used move?

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
    Years
  • Competitively, from what I've seen it would be some Dragon move that everyone uses. (Draco Meteor? Dragon Dance?) Or Earthquake. Everyone loves Earthquake.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Tackle? XD

I think that is the most basic move that most Pokemon have...​

Agreed with this, because it's often used without being named in places like the anime/manga, haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Generally, the most-used moves I can think of are Tackle, Scratch, Pound, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Water Gun. In the anime, we see Pikachu use Thunderbolt, Ash's Fire starters using Flamethrower (all of them know Flamethrower now) and Ash's Water starters using Water Gun.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    TAACKUUUL! SCUUUURAAAATCHU! THUNDERBOLITUUUU!

Tackle, Scratch, and Thunderbolt seems to be a few of the most used moves. I see it a lot, I also use them a lot. Withouth Tackle/Scratch/Pound etc, my starter wouldn't be leveling up at all. :3

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
  • Except for the anime surf and fly are the most versatile moves either on your real team or on a hm slave you start to use it when you first get it thats why surf and fly are the most versatile pokemon moves

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    yeah tackle, growl, scratch and tail whip.
    If we're going by the anime as well then thunderbolt and usually team rocket like get poison sting and sludge attack.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Surf is very popular, not only is it helpful but it's a pretty powerful water type move, I myself use it all the time.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Competitively speaking, I'd say the most commonly used move is Stealth Rock. I mean like, that is just the best and most important move in the competitive metagame.

But if in general, I'd say Thunderbolt... Ash, stop commanding Pikachu to use the same move already for petes sake!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah Tackle came to mind first. It just depends on what area you're looking at, basically. Battling, in a perfect world, would be Close Combat, TCG idek, anime would be tbolt and yeah. If not just, Tackle or Scratch because everything learns one of those. XD;

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Statistically, it would be Toxic, because 95% of all Pokémon can learn it.

In reality, probably tackle.

For me, whatever moves are in the first slot of my Pokémon's moves.

Last edited:

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    All attacks that raise your stats. For the anime it'd be thunderbolt.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    For me...Close Combat, Brave Bird, Aura Sphere and Flare Blitz

3 of my Platinum Pokemon have close combat
    Infernape, Staraptor and Lucario

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I'd have to say surf. Powerful move used by the most common type in the game, and it's required to advance in the game anyway.

Back