• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Move animations

Years
  • I think all of us spot an animation in battle sometimes that we really like, every now and then. What move animations get your attention?

I will never forget the way retaliate looks from Gen 6 onward. It's so dramatic with the background turning red like blood or pure rage. Then what looks like a little movie follows. There's a big, sudden burst of energy, and as the dust clears you see that the retaliating mon charged the opponent and is still slow-mo suspended in mid air, like some samurai who just thrust forward with his sword and cut down his enemy in one move. The background is now a shoji, the wind is blowing and cherry blossom petals fall to the ground in rememberance of your fallen comrade.

I especially like to see retaliate when it's used by a pokemon that looks small, cute, non-threatening etc. I am picturing a video of one of Pimpnite's wifi battles, using an eevee with retaliate to knock out somebody.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i cant help for gen 2s version of seismic toss, where you just throw the moon at pokemon which is humorous. I REALLY love how it looked in battle revolution where you toss the pokemon out of the stratosphere before they crash back down to planet. Very cool lookin

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I always enjoyed the animation for Reshiram's Blue Flare. I love how the screen just goes black, the sound kind of dims a bit, and all you can see is the other Pokémon getting hit by the beautiful blue flames.

Years
  • Giratina's Shadow Force just looks epic in LA:

Also Chilly Reception is just funny imo:
    Move animations

Attachments

• Move animations
      chillyreception2.gif
      5.9 MB · Views: 18
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Took a while to remember a move. Liked Urshifu's Surging Strikes.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I thought Gen 3 Metal Claw looked pretty badass the first time I saw it. It looks as though, in contrast to other claw moves just doing superficial damage, this attack is tearing gashes clean through the opposing Pokemon, as well as the battlefield behind them and possibly the fabric of reality itself.

Spoiler:

Back