• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What are the best set/sets for Sceptile and Misdreavus for double battles?
    Sceptile is a pretty straightforward, attacking is all it does. You can also sub-seed, but it isn't effective when the opponent can double target you. In all honestly, Sceptile is not very good in this generation. HP Fire is piss weak against anything that is not Scizor and Kalos-born ones lose Dragon Pulse for coverage.

Sceptile @ Life Orb
    Ability: Overgrow
    Level: 50
    EVs: 8 Def / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - Hidden Power [Rock]
    - Focus Blast
    - Detect

This is the next best thing we have. HP Fire and Dragon Pulse is possible when you have access to Pokebank.

Misdreavus used to be one of the better Perish Song users in the past but with the advent of Mega-Gengar this point is kinda moot. It is as if Game Freaks actively want to screw over this guy. In Kalos, Icy Wind and Heal Bell are not available.
    Well, at least you can use it in counjunktion with the slower Shadow Taggers and Intimidate users.

Mismagius @ Mental Herb
    Ability: Levitate
    Level: 50
    EVs: 244 HP / 172 Def / 92 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Perish Song
    - Trick Room
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Protect

Survives Heatran four turns, survives two of Jellicent's Shadow Balls, non-LO Thundurus cannot 2HKO, unfortunately gets 2HKOed by Latios' LO Draco Meteror and Charizard's Heat Wave. Survives one of Scrafties Crunch + one Burned Crunch with Intimidate and survives one of TTars Crunch with Intimidate support.
    Only use this one in dedicated PerishTrapping reams. Remember only to use Trick Room when the opponent is clearly faster.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    Thanks!! I was thinking of using Misdreavus as an eviolite user. Would the set you posted still be viable for that?

Also, what Pokemon best compliment mega Gengar in doubles?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Thanks!! I was thinking of using Misdreavus as an eviolite user. Would the set you posted still be viable for that?

Offensively, Garchomp has good synergy with Gengar, while Conkeldurr deals with opposing Dark Pokemon. Talonflame and Scrafty can also throw up Quick Guard to prevent Gengar from being wrecked by priority; if Gengar has a Focus Sash, Politoed and Charizard Y can use their abilities to change the weather to prevent Gengar's Focus Sash from being wasted.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014

It depends on your team. As said, Mismagius/Misdreavus is only usable in Perish Trapping teams. In that case you are going to run Shadow Taggers, of course. You need to survive as long as possible, so Intimidate and Fake Out are vital because your team is going to be weak to Dark. Hitmontop can provide you with both Quick Quard against Talonflame and Wide Guard against Charizard-Y. Encore support is very fun, expecially when the poor sap gets locked into Protect; Wobbuffet has both this and Charm which fairly usable in TR. Gothitelle is very good alternative this generation thanks to the access to Heal Pulse, Reflect and Light Screen as well as Taunt in order to Block enemy Taunts. In fact, we recommend you to use Gothitelle instead of Misdreavus when you run that kind of team. One of the best special Spotlight sponges is probably Togekiss.

Watch out: Garchomp has rather weak synergy with Mega-Gengar because it loses Levitate and Talonflame is rather shortliving. However, you can combine Perish Trapping with Politoed (who has Perish Song, incidentally) in order to counteract Charizard and in order to have an alternative strategy to fall back to in the case Perish Trapping does not seem viable. It is also effective surprise to your opponent.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    What's a good moveset for a 6th gen mismagius

Adapted from the Gen V metagame, but with a few tweaks:
    -Nasty Plot
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)/Dazzling Gleam
    -Thunderbolt/Taunt/Dazzling Gleam
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

or
    -Substitute
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow Ball
    -Hidden Power (Fighting)/Dazzling Gleam
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Take note that Gengar can do whatever Mismagius can do better.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I need a bulkier Mawile. Is there a suggested bulky Adamant mawile? Currently mine is 252 Hp/180 atk/36 Sp def/ 40 def. I want to take out some attack for defenses. Wanted thoughts thanks

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You should probably give this one a go:

Mega Mawile
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Huge Power
    Item: Mawilite
    EVs: 252 ATK / 172 Def / 84 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Sucker Punch
    - Rough Play
    - Pain Split

Personally tried it before, and it seemed to work pretty nicely. :]

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    You should probably give this one a go:

Mega Mawile
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 ATK / 172 Def / 84 Spe
    - Substitute
    - Sucker Punch
    - Rough Play
    - Pain Split

Personally tried it before, and it seemed to work pretty nicely. :]
    Just saying, but Adrian specializes in VGC formats, so using that kind of set is unsuited for the format due to the fast pace there:
    -Play Rough
    -Iron Head
    -Sucker Punch
    -Protect
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def or 252 HP/172 Atk/44 Def/36 SDef
    Ability: Intimidate

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Just saying, but Adrian specializes in VGC formats, so using that kind of set is unsuited for the format due to the fast pace there:
    -Play Rough
    -Iron Head
    -Sucker Punch
    -Protect
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def or 252 HP/172 Atk/44 Def/36 SDef
    Ability: Intimidate
    You really should begin to explain your reasoning. Only then the questioner will really improve her or his set-building.

EVs: 60 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 HP / 148 SDef / 44 Def
    Adamant Nature

44 Def is the minimum number in order to survive a -1 CB-Talonflame's Flameblitz. The SDef sures that Rotom will never be able to 2HKO you with Thunderbolt or 2HKO you witl two uninvested Hydro Pumps. Also, you cleanly survive a Modest Chandelure's Heat Wave. The Atk is still enough to OHKO Tyranitar, Garchomp and Salamence.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    You really should begin to explain your reasoning. Only then the questioner will really improve her or his set-building.

Adamant Nature

44 Def is the minimum number in order to survive a -1 CB-Talonflame's Flameblitz. The SDef sures that Rotom will never be able to 2HKO you with Thunderbolt or 2HKO you witl two uninvested Hydro Pumps. Also, you cleanly survive a Modest Chandelure's Heat Wave. The Atk is still enough to OHKO Tyranitar, Garchomp and Salamence.

Must've forgotten about this.

Anyway, the second spread I mentioned still lets Mawile survive Choice Band Talonflame's -1 Flare Blitz and lets it live an uninvested Wash Rotom's Hydro Pump and Timid Chandelure's Heat Wave, while still giving it plenty of power. I chose it because I don't want Mawile to comprise too much of its power.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years

Adamant Nature

So with huge power the 60 atk evs would act like 120 Evs thus KOing dragons and T-tar?

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    So with huge power the 60 atk evs would act like 120 Evs thus KOing dragons and T-tar?

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 258-306 (140.2 - 166.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence: 330-390 (194.1 - 229.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence: 218-260 (128.2 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 330-390 (167.5 - 197.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 228-270 (110.1 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yes, 60 Atk EVs are enough.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 258-306 (140.2 - 166.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence: 330-390 (194.1 - 229.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

-1 60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Salamence: 218-260 (128.2 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 330-390 (167.5 - 197.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

60+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 228-270 (110.1 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yes, 60 Atk EVs are enough.

Ok. I have three damage calculators. Frankly Im not sure how to use them to best potential and where I can understand them effectively. Is there one damage calculator that is fairly simplistic?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    When calculating for Lv 50 Evs when crunching numbers I know its Total Evs divided by number of evs that create one stat point of a particular stat. Do I need to divided say 252/8 in order to get a lv 50 appreciate stat? If that makes sense

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    When calculating for Lv 50 Evs when crunching numbers I know its Total Evs divided by number of evs that create one stat point of a particular stat. Do I need to divided say 252/8 in order to get a lv 50 appreciate stat? If that makes sense
    Rules:

1 IV = 4 EV
    8 EV = 1 stat

You might notice that perfect IVs are 31, an odd number. Which means that the first 4 EVs will give you one stat point and form there on you will receive one stat point every 8 EV. Likewise, when your IV is 30, you will need 8 EV from the start. It also means that with 31 IV you will reach your maximum with 252 EV but with 30 IV your maximum is with 248 EV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back