• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
    what is the best set for scrafty, for doubles? i was thinking this:

Scrafty
    252 Attk/ 252 speed/ 4HP
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    @ roseli berry

fake out
    drain punch
    protect
    ice punch/crunch

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    what is the best set for scrafty, for doubles? i was thinking this:

Scrafty
    252 Attk/ 252 speed/ 4HP
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    @ roseli berry

fake out
    drain punch
    protect
    ice punch/crunch
    It's better for Scrafty to focus on bulk rather than Speed because it's too slow:
    -Fake Out
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch/Knock Off
    -Detect/Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Brave/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/244 Atk/12 Def (Adamant/Brave) or 240 HP/224 Atk/44 Def (Impish)
    Item: Lum Berry/Assault Vest/Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Intimidate

First EV spread avoids the OHKO from -1 Choice Band Talonflame's Brave Bird. Second EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Keldeo's Secred Sword and Charizard Y's Heat Wave (latter with Assault Vest only)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Do you think two support mons are doable in VGC?

Depends on how you mean support. If you mean support like say, Rotom and Meowstic, then yes it's fairly common. If you mean support as in Meowstic and Liepard, it's generally not as common and usually only one or the other gets sent out. If you mean sending them BOTH out to battle, well, you won't survive long without a very good strategy.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    Depends on how you mean support. If you mean support like say, Rotom and Meowstic, then yes it's fairly common. If you mean support as in Meowstic and Liepard, it's generally not as common and usually only one or the other gets sent out. If you mean sending them BOTH out to battle, well, you won't survive long without a very good strategy.

Like Meow and amoonguss together

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Rarely happens but it does happen. The problem is that neither 'mon are very powerful attackers. If you can somehow keep your opponents asleep while keeping boosts up and slowly whittle down their HP, then it's possible. You just have to somehow compensate for their lack of power. The biggest problem is that Taunt and Encore users are very common. Supporter 'mon absolutely hate being locked into attacks.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2014
    need help , my rom on my iPhone keeps exiting out EVERYTIME I run into a wild pokemon , I use repel and I can proceed but as soon as repel wears off the game cuts off due To a wild pokemon so basically the game exits by itself when I run into a wild pokemon . Any suggestions ? I wanna finish reign of legends it's a good hack and I just got my 7th badge .

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    What's a good Pokemon for destroying bulky Water types? Particulary ones that have Rest?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    What's a good Pokemon for destroying bulky Water types? Particulary ones that have Rest?
    Your best answers are bulky grass types in general (not so much against Tentacruel) and Rotom-W because to opposition lack means to hurt them while they have to stomach super effective STAB moves. Celebi and Roserade are generally powerful choices because of Natural Cure healing off burns from Scald. CroCune is a bit more tricky to take on with one single Pokemon because of Calm Mind but Vaporeon with Roar is usually a full stop to it while Shaymin has a high chance of lowering its SDef with Seed Flare.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    Are Rotoms now a days bulky calm types or timid fast types?

Also could it be viable to have a Rotom-w W/o Hydro Pump?

I put it in the daycare and it lost in daycare but kept its shape

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Are Rotoms now a days bulky calm types or timid fast types?

Also could it be viable to have a Rotom-w W/o Hydro Pump?

I put it in the daycare and it lost in daycare but kept its shape

Most Rotom-W right now are bulky calm types with 252 HP and 252 SPD. In my opinion, you can't really replace Hydro Pump on a Rotom Wash. While it is possible to run the more accurate surf or the burn inducing scald, this will limit a bulky Rotom W's ability to OHKO threats like Talonflame. Scald as no chance to OHKO, while Surf only has a 56% chance. I guess it's possible if you are running a fully offensive Rotom, but it kind of defeats the purpose of going full out attack if you don't use the strongest move. (Ignore, Rotom can't learn Scald or Surf) Hydro Pump is vital for coverage, is STAB, and in my experience, doesn't miss as often a it should. So yeah, I'd suggest keeping Hydropump. If you post a set maybe we could get a better idea of what you're going for.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Most Rotom-W right now are bulky calm types with 252 HP and 252 SPD. In my opinion, you can't really replace Hydro Pump on a Rotom Wash. While it is possible to run the more accurate surf or the burn inducing scald, this will limit a bulky Rotom W's ability to OHKO threats like Talonflame. Scald as no chance to OHKO, while Surf only has a 56% chance. I guess it's possible if you are running a fully offensive Rotom, but it kind of defeats the purpose of going full out attack if you don't use the strongest move. So yeah, I'd suggest keeping Hydropump. If you post a set maybe we could get a better idea of what you're going for.

For the record, Wash Rotom can't learn Surf and Scald.

And long story short, defensive Wash Rotom is more common than offensive variants: 252 HP/44 Def/60 SAtk/148 SDef/4 Spe with Calm lets Wash Rotom survive a Solar Beam from Charizard Y and a Play Rough from Mega Mawile.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    Most Rotom-W right now are bulky calm types with 252 HP and 252 SPD. In my opinion, you can't really replace Hydro Pump on a Rotom Wash. While it is possible to run the more accurate surf or the burn inducing scald, this will limit a bulky Rotom W's ability to OHKO threats like Talonflame. Scald as no chance to OHKO, while Surf only has a 56% chance. I guess it's possible if you are running a fully offensive Rotom, but it kind of defeats the purpose of going full out attack if you don't use the strongest move. (Ignore, Rotom can't learn Scald or Surf) Hydro Pump is vital for coverage, is STAB, and in my experience, doesn't miss as often a it should. So yeah, I'd suggest keeping Hydropump. If you post a set maybe we could get a better idea of what you're going for.

For the record, Wash Rotom can't learn Surf and Scald.

And long story short, defensive Wash Rotom is more common than offensive variants: 252 HP/44 Def/60 SAtk/148 SDef/4 Spe with Calm lets Wash Rotom survive a Solar Beam from Charizard Y and a Play Rough from Mega Mawile.

Solarbeam is pretty much the biggest threat to Rotom-W correct?

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Solarbeam is pretty much the biggest threat to Rotom-W correct?

I found the only real common Solarbeam user is Mega Charizard Y. 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 210-248 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, so a solarbeam doesn't even OHKO it. I'd be most worried about mold breaker earthquakes, from Pokemon such as Haxorus and Mega Gyarados. I've found Lum Berry Mold Breaker Haxorus is able to deal with it very well, so while it may be very uncommon, watch out for it and any other mold breaker Pokemon.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I found the only real common Solarbeam user is Mega Charizard Y. 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 210-248 (69 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery, so a solarbeam doesn't even OHKO it. I'd be most worried about mold breaker earthquakes, from Pokemon such as Haxorus and Mega Gyarados. I've found Lum Berry Mold Breaker Haxorus is able to deal with it very well, so while it may be very uncommon, watch out for it and any other mold breaker Pokemon.

Im not too worried about Haxorus. Doesnt seemed to be used but Mega Gyarados would be a solid threat

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Im not too worried about Haxorus. Doesnt seemed to be used but Mega Gyarados would be a solid threat
    Depends on the format; a max Atk Mega-Gyarados is not able to 2HKO the standard Rotom-W with one Earthquake and one with burn in Doubles. In Singles Earthquakes deal more damage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Could someone please suggest me a good defensive set for Gyarados? I know that it's not meant to be used that way, but would still like to give it a shot. :]

uncleteemo

Platinum God C:
    Years
    It's better for Scrafty to focus on bulk rather than Speed because it's too slow:
    -Fake Out
    -Drain Punch
    -Crunch/Knock Off
    -Detect/Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    Nature: Adamant/Brave/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/244 Atk/12 Def (Adamant/Brave) or 240 HP/224 Atk/44 Def (Impish)
    Item: Lum Berry/Assault Vest/Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Intimidate

First EV spread avoids the OHKO from -1 Choice Band Talonflame's Brave Bird. Second EV spread avoids the 2HKO from Keldeo's Secred Sword and Charizard Y's Heat Wave (latter with Assault Vest only)

Well I guess he could go 252 spd, ONLY if he has dragon dance. DD works really well on scruffy
    EDIT: Oh with a jolly nature too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back