• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
Years
  • Not good enough. Druddigon needs a Fire move to get past Steels. Unfortunately, the below sets need move tutors from B2/W2. Note that (near-)maximum HP investment is more efficient than splitting them in both defenses. The 20 Speed EVs let Druddigon outspeed 0 Speed base 50s:
    -Outrage/Dragon Claw
    -Sucker Punch/Dragon Claw
    -Fire Punch
    -Gunk Shot
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 236 HP/252 Atk/20 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Assault Vest
    Ability: Sheer Force

or
    -Stealth Rock
    -Dragon Claw
    -Sucker Punch
    -Fire Punch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 236 HP/252 Atk/20 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Rough Skin

or
    -Glare
    -Dragon Tail/Dragon Claw
    -Rest/Stealth Rock
    -Sleep Talk/Fire Punch
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin

Do I need BW2 and BK2 or do I go move tutors in Y to learn them moves and what's its + and - stat

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Do I need BW2 and BK2 or do I go move tutors in Y to learn them moves and what's its + and - stat
    X and Y lack the move tutors that Black2/White2 have, so you'd need those games to get a Druddigon with Gunk Shot, Fire Punch, and/or Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch has to be chain bred onto Druddigon as well.

Adamant is +Attack, -Special Attack.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • X and Y lack the move tutors that Black2/White2 have, so you'd need those games to get a Druddigon with Gunk Shot, Fire Punch, and/or Stealth Rock. Sucker Punch has to be chain bred onto Druddigon as well.

Adamant is +Attack, -Special Attack.
    I don't have BW2 or BK2 is there any other way

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Unfortunately, there is no other way to get those moves on a Druddigon. Best we can do is hope that ORAS has those move tutors again.

So far I have -Psyshock
    -Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/Substitute/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace.

And for ferrothorn I have
    Spikes / Stealth Rock
    -Power Whip / Protect
    -Thunder Wave / Gyro Ball
    -Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs and Nature:
    EVs: 252 HP / 48def 208 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe) any ideas on what else I can add to my team? Would be thankful for your help :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    Hey, I have an Adamant Kingdra without outrage. What sets are good for it besides the normal rest/dragon dance/waterfall/outrage adamant set?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hey, I have an Adamant Kingdra without outrage. What sets are good for it besides the normal rest/dragon dance/waterfall/outrage adamant set?

I'm afraid that Outrage is mandatory on physical Kingdra because it's a strong secondary STAB. Besides Rest, you have Substitute to protect against status, Draco Meteor or Hydro Pump to dent physical walls or Iron Head to hit Fairies.

Mapleseruhp

Author Maple
    Years
  • Catcher Pokemon?

Hey! I was just wondering if someone could give me a good pokemon and moveset that would be good for catching pokemon of any level! Thanks in advanced!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    I'm not using outrage because I already trained my kingdra without knowing I had to breed to get that move. Any way I can avoid having to train another kingdra?

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Hey! I was just wondering if someone could give me a good pokemon and moveset that would be good for catching pokemon of any level! Thanks in advanced!
    Are you looking for a trade or just advice?

If this is the second scenario I would say a Smeargle with the following:

• Spore / Sleep Powder / Stun Spore (whatever you prefer)
    • False Swipe
    • Mean Look
    • Soak (this can be changed for one of the attacks on bullet 1)

I think each attack is self-explanatory but any question let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm not using outrage because I already trained my kingdra without knowing I had to breed to get that move. Any way I can avoid having to train another kingdra?

There's no other way, I'm afraid. You could go the special route, but this will need a different Kingdra entirely.

Or you can wait for the Outrage move tutor to come back in OR/AS. (assuming move tutors do come back)

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    Do Pokemon Tournaments Follow Smogon Rules?

Do tournaments follow the smogon tiers?
    For example, can i use mewtwo in a tournament?
    (I know all the rest, I'm just curious about this... Cuz i wanna be the very best ;) xD )

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Depends on who's hosting the tournament. If you're talking about an official, in-person tourney with 3DS's and game cartridges, then no, Smogon rules and tiers are not followed. Tournaments sponsored by TPC use VGC rules.

If the tournament is on a battle simulator like Pokemon Showdown and/or is hosted by Smogon, then yes, Smogon rules apply.

If it's a tournament not run by either Smogon or TPC, then the rules used are determined by the hosts. They may be Smogon rules, they may be VGC rules, they could be a set rules they made up themselves.

Years
  • Questions!

Yo.

So the questions I would like to ask are:

Is there any way you can build Pokemon (like team building in Showdown) and send it over to your game on your handheld console?

I'm gonna be getting back into the flow of Pokemon in a month or so, and I just want to quickly build Pokemon. I don't want to have to worry about training each one individually.

Is there some sort of special site where I can do that?

~Thanks a lot.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Yo.

So the questions I would like to ask are:

Is there any way you can build Pokemon (like team building in Showdown) and send it over to your game on your handheld console?

I'm gonna be getting back into the flow of Pokemon in a month or so, and I just want to quickly build Pokemon. I don't want to have to worry about training each one individually.

Is there some sort of special site where I can do that?

~Thanks a lot.
    You can't import Pokemon from Showdown! straight to the X/Y cartridges. I'm afraid you have to catch/breed Pokemon yourself if you intend to play cartridge.

peterd1994

pokemonfanforever
    Years
  • Does anyone know if I can get all these moves in X and Y for this pokemon
    -Chandelure w/Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic/Hidden Power Fighting

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does anyone know if I can get all these moves in X and Y for this pokemon
    -Chandelure w/Choice Scarf
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Psychic/Hidden Power Fighting
    Yup, that's entirely possible. All of those moves are TMs in X/Y, though getting the right HP type is a pain in the ass.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How could I get th HP right is there good way to do it and they are the right EVs right

Just breed and hope you get lucky. A Psychic in Anistar will check your Pokemon's Hidden Power type for you.

Edit: HP Fighting IVs in order of HP/Atk/Def/SAtk/SDef/Spe: odd/odd or even/even/even/even/even

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back