• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Hey guys trying to get some help on a good Sp. sweeper moveset for my Timid nature Gengar. On this particular set the SP.A and Speed are both maxed out with the remaining 4 ev's in HP. If anyone can give me a solid moveset it would be appraciated.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey guys trying to get some help on a good Sp. sweeper moveset for my Timid nature Gengar. On this particular set the SP.A and Speed are both maxed out with the remaining 4 ev's in HP. If anyone can give me a solid moveset it would be appraciated.

The 2 better movesets for Gengar would be:
    1) Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Destiny Bond
    2) Shadow Ball, Substitute, Disable, Focus Blast

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but i just beat the game and want to get into the competitive scene and was wondering what a pretty good/not so hard to obtain team would be? Thanks. Playing pokemon x, btw.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Sorry if this is a silly question, but i just beat the game and want to get into the competitive scene and was wondering what a pretty good/not so hard to obtain team would be? Thanks. Playing pokemon x, btw.
    Destiny Knot is really useful. 5 IVs of the parent that holds the item get passed down to the baby. Super Training has made EV training somewhat more convenient, though traditional EV training is still faster. There are probably more methods of shortcuts to breeding and training, but those are some that come to mind. The regulars over at the Trade Corner are certainly more knowledgeable about this sort of thing. Also, battle simulators like Pokemon Showdown (link to our server) are much more convenient.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does Prankster give Destiny Bond priority?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I have this Mandibuzz in-Game

Bone Patrol (Mandibuzz)@Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
    Impish 252 Hp / 164 Def / 88 SpDef
    -Swagger
    -Foul Play
    -Roost
    -Toxic / support move

Mostly wondering if Rocky Helmet might be batter than leftovers? Mandi can only learn Knock Off from a move tutor in B/W2, so that isn't an option at all.

Any suggestion for this build?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I have this Mandibuzz in-Game

Bone Patrol (Mandibuzz)@Leftovers / Rocky Helmet
    Impish 252 Hp / 164 Def / 88 SpDef
    -Swagger
    -Foul Play
    -Roost
    -Toxic / support move

Mostly wondering if Rocky Helmet might be batter than leftovers? Mandi can only learn Knock Off from a move tutor in B/W2, so that isn't an option at all.

Any suggestion for this build?
    Klefki and Liepard do Swagger + Foul Play better because they have Prankster. Note that Foul Play uses the opponent's Attack stat during damage calculation rather than Mandibuzz's, so it can get away with using a Bold nature. Here's a much better Mandibuzz set for you to use:
    -Foul Play
    -Taunt
    -Roost
    -Defog/Toxic/Whirlwind
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat

Taunt is important for Mandibuzz because it helps it deal with opposing walls that can status it. It's also rather fast for a defensive Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    how viable is a jolly nature klefki whose role is to provide a duel screen setup for sweepers? Would a bold nature be better?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • how viable is a jolly nature klefki whose role is to provide a duel screen setup for sweepers? Would a bold nature be better?

There's no reason for Klefki to use Jolly because most of the moves it uses (status moves) have priority thanks to Prankster:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Spikes
    -Dazzling Gleam/Foul Play
    EVs: 252 HP/152 Def/104 SDef
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster

Years
  • I wanna make a team of like knights and stuff, I can only think of Gallade, Bisharp and Escavellier for my team, any other suggestions? maybe aegislash...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wanna make a team of like knights and stuff, I can only think of Gallade, Bisharp and Escavellier for my team, any other suggestions? maybe aegislash...

You could throw Rapidash in there (kinghts ride on horses after all). And I don't see why not to use Aegislash.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • How viable is a naughty nature on a bulky special aron?

If you're talking about Aggron, no. Always use Mega Aggron because of the defensive buffs it has compared to its regular form (pure Steel type without the crippling weakness to Water and the crippling 4x weaknesses to Fighting/Ground, Filter, buffed defenses). Naughty is a terrible nature because it wastes away Special Defense that may be used to take a hit when needed. Never use Special moves on Aggron at all (whether Mega or regular for some reason) because Aggron's Special Attack is terrible. Use Impish because it augments Aggron's Defense.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What's a good build for mega banette, and mandibuzz?

Mega Banette:
    -Shadow Claw/Knock Off
    -Taunt
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP/40 Def/216 Spe
    Item: Banettite
    Ability: Insomnia/Frisk (note that either one will be replaced by Prankster upon Mega Evolution)

or
    -Phantom Force
    -Sucker Punch
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
    -Destiny Bond
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Item: Banettite
    Ability: Frisk

Mandibuzz:
    -Foul Play
    -Taunt
    -Roost
    -Defog/Whirlwind/Toxic
    EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I've just got one question, with Harvest, is it possible to continue using a stat increasing berry? For example having Trevenant hold an attack increasing berry, would he still be able to harvest it and use it again? It might be really interesting seeing how it works by having his attack sky rocket and go let him hit off a horn leech virtually healing himself because of the damage boost. It's probably not ideal but something to think about.

I think it could be great with some tinkering. Though I guess Sitrus Berry heals are always painfully annoying.

Years
  • I've just got one question, with Harvest, is it possible to continue using a stat increasing berry? For example having Trevenant hold an attack increasing berry, would he still be able to harvest it and use it again? It might be really interesting seeing how it works by having his attack sky rocket and go let him hit off a horn leech virtually healing himself because of the damage boost. It's probably not ideal but something to think about.

I think it could be great with some tinkering. Though I guess Sitrus Berry heals are always painfully annoying.

When Harvest restores a berry, it won't be able to use its effects again until the next turn iirc.

Read here for more information on Harvest.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    When Harvest restores a berry, it won't be able to use its effects again until the next turn iirc.

Read here for more information on Harvest.

I figured that much, I was just wondering what peoples opinions were on running one of those stat increasing berries. Is it viable or too situational?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back