• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2014
    anyone use rapidash competitively?

how easily is he outsped - unboosted - properly trained and with a a jolly nature

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    how easily is he outsped - unboosted - properly trained and with a a jolly nature

Rapidash is all right; it's got decent Speed and could outrun many other Pokémon. Wouldn't really call it outstanding, though. :( If you want a moveset for it, here's one:

Rapidash (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Flare Blitz
    - Megahorn
    - Low Kick
    - Wild bolt

srinator

rapidash is a forgotten pokemon, back in the days of b&w iirc it was used in nu.
    it was p good and fast for the tier .
    yes there is nothing called wild bolt lol
    and life orb>band
    mainly cause less prediction towards switching

it's wild charge

Last edited by a moderator:

machupichu18

I like Cereal!
    Years
  • What is a good hold item for a pikachu, I know it sounds a little chiche, but I want to use it in a upcomming tourney, Here is it's moves:
    • Grass Knot
    • Thunderbolt
    • Nuzzle
    • Electro Ball
    I was thinking either a evolite or a light ball, I don't know what's ther better item for this strategey

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • What is a good hold item for a pikachu, I know it sounds a little chiche, but I want to use it in a upcomming tourney, Here is it's moves:
    • Grass Knot
    • Thunderbolt
    • Nuzzle
    • Electro Ball
    I was thinking either a evolite or a light ball, I don't know what's ther better item for this strategey

I prefer to use a light ball. Eviolite is decent but Pikachu isn't really know to be the most defensive thing ever so might as well go for the power boost.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    • Grass Knot
    • Thunderbolt
    • Nuzzle
    • Electro Ball

Light Ball > Eviolite. Pikachu is too weak without Light Ball and it's still frail even with Eviolite:
    -Substitute
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power (Ice)
    -Encore/Grass Knot
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Light Ball
    Ability: Lightning Rod

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I have a question actually about Showdown servers.
    So, when I try and go on Showdown now, first off, when I use Chrome, it keeps switching backgrounds and never loads the proper things.
    Now, when I use Firefox and Internet Explorer, it goes extremely slow, and freezes after a good 30 seconds.

Can someone tell me a solution?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Thanks, also what's a good moveset for a ludicolo and a licktung, it's shiny, so I can't EV breed it or have it with egg moves, thanks again you guys!

Depends on what nature Lickitung is.

But for Ludicolo, it has to be on a Rain team to be effective:
    -Hydro Pump/Surf
    -Giga Drain
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    help with charizard

Umm so okay i am totally new to the competitive scene and just today bred my first flawless charmander whom m goin to be using as a physical sweeper as charizard x but the problem....i totally forgot to give it dragon dance...so i have been thinking of substituting with swords dance..is it okay?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question actually about Showdown servers.
    So, when I try and go on Showdown now, first off, when I use Chrome, it keeps switching backgrounds and never loads the proper things.
    Now, when I use Firefox and Internet Explorer, it goes extremely slow, and freezes after a good 30 seconds.

Can someone tell me a solution?
    Your internet connection is probably too slow. Do you have JavaScript disabled?

Umm so okay i am totally new to the competitive scene and just today bred my first flawless charmander whom m goin to be using as a physical sweeper as charizard x but the problem....i totally forgot to give it dragon dance...so i have been thinking of substituting with swords dance..is it okay?
    I don't recommend using SD, as Mega Charizard X desperately needs the Speed boost from DD in order to outrun many major Pokemon. SD isn't terrible by any means though, and could be used to break through certain defensive Pokemon better. However, DD is generally considered to be more useful, since Xzard is already strong enough.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

so....basically....ill have to rebreed...?

Not necessarily, you can run it as a more bulky Pokémon. You could try this set:

Charizard@CharizarditeX
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Tough Claws
    EVs: 252 Speed/136 HP/120 Atk

Will-O-Wisp
    Roost
    Flare Blitz
    Dragon Claw

This is a more bulky set that allows CharX to take more hits and then Roost off the damage, and cripple physical attackers with Wow.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Your internet connection is probably too slow. Do you have JavaScript disabled?

I don't recommend using SD, as Mega Charizard X desperately needs the Speed boost from DD in order to outrun many major Pokemon. SD isn't terrible by any means though, and could be used to break through certain defensive Pokemon better. However, DD is generally considered to be more useful, since Xzard is already strong enough.

I've done it numerous amounts of times, it is just recently. I might just need to update my Java. I definitely didn't disable it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What's the best moveset to use Perish-trapping Mega Gengar in Battle Spot Singles? How about standard Gengar?

Perish-trapping Mega Gengar:
    -Perish Song
    -Taunt
    -Protect
    -Disable/Substitute
    EVs: 248 HP/84 SDef/172 Spe
    Item: Gengarite

No attacking moves is weird, but at least this Gengar has Taunt to prevent walls from setting up.

Regular Gengar:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
    -Destiny Bond
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash/Gengarite

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Perish-trapping Mega Gengar:
    -Perish Song
    -Taunt
    -Protect
    -Disable/Substitute
    EVs: 248 HP/84 SDef/172 Spe
    Item: Gengarite

No attacking moves is weird, but at least this Gengar has Taunt to prevent walls from setting up.

Regular Gengar:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast/Thunderbolt
    -Destiny Bond
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash/Gengarite
    Cool. :) I've been wondering this for a while: what is thunderbolt used to hit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back