• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC: Moving Forward : Happy to join the PC family!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
My time spent on PS has already been on a decline. I hope that the improvements are for the better and the forum will continue to be a family. Not sure how I feel about this new ownership, though I'm glad the current staff system will stay in place. Adios amigos, probably.

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Following your questions, Pomador is a private company based in Israel with 9 employees that specialize in improving websites.
Do you have a list of clientele of whose websites that have been improved via Pomador services, and/or whose websites that have gone under (assuming that has happened under Pomador's watch)?

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Do you have a list of clientele of whose websites that have been improved via Pomador services, and/or whose websites that have gone under (assuming that has happened under Pomador's watch)?
Would like to know as well... Also how much money will the company keep for server cost and employe cost? What will donations go for ? Will you be following copywrite law of Isreal ? Is the company registured ? Where can we find legal information about thr company just in case someone needs to get into contact with the site owner?
What about fan games sence it hits a fine grey area of copywrite? What about music releases as well? I'm probably one of many who want to know more..

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Perhaps you guys could try the positives out here. I've never seen anyone berate previous owners over their portfolio and other projects. Does it make any difference really? Go enjoy the forums! :)

Years
Perhaps you guys could try the positives out here. I've never seen anyone berate previous owners over their portfolio and other projects. Does it make any difference really? Go enjoy the forums! :)

True but after what happened before people are reasonably worried?
We just don't want to see the forum bust, basically? Not saying these new owners will do that, but some skepticism is to be expected after everything.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today

Well, there was one prior owner who was a sex offender who was eventually ousted from the community. Regardless, he wasn't a company, he was an individual. PC wasn't a business then, it is now. People have valid concerns.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I think there's a lot of questions that Pomador themselves won't have an answer for yet, not until they get themselves into the community a bit more and see how it all works more hands on.

What typically happens with private equity firms is they buy assets, use their own resources and expertise to increase the value of the asset, and then sell them at a higher rate than they paid/invested.

PC's future is likely a ton of awesome improvements (better software, better servers, maybe even advertising to bring in new members), and then a new set of owners in a few years.

Not a bad thing.

Or maybe Pomador keeps PC and continues to improve it to bring in new members, then profits off of the ad revenue. Either way PC is in good shape.

EDIT: Also wow, the new edit feature for posts looks really great. :D

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
Perhaps you guys could try the positives out here.
We will, after we weight the options presented to us.

I've never seen anyone berate previous owners over their portfolio and other projects.
Who said anything about berating? We (myself included) just want to see some samples of previous projects, assuming there are any.

Does it make any difference really?
Hopefully not!

What typically happens with private equity firms is they buy assets, use their own resources and expertise to increase the value of the asset, and then sell them at a higher rate than they paid/invested.
Precisely the reason behind the skepticism, aside from the seemingly lack of transparency. Also, there is an issue of gentrification. I know this term applies mostly to real-estate (in particular apartment complexes), but something similar could happen...which is what I am trying to determine for myself with so little information.

PC's future is likely a ton of awesome improvements (better software, better servers, maybe even advertising to bring in new members), and then a new set of owners in a few years.

Not a bad thing.

Or maybe Pomador keeps PC and continues to improve it to bring in new members, then profits off of the ad revenue. Either way PC is in good shape.
Hopefully it stays at this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
And in the event Pomador doesn't make back the money it used to buy the site and sells it off because of lack of returned investment / profit to the highest seller, or decides its not worth it and removes it? People wanted Steve gone so bad (despite his non-existent presence on the forum) they are celebrating what is effectively the corporatization of the community. PC is now entirely an asset, despite the mission statement. Hilarious.

Very excited, curious, and invested in seeing what happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
The one thing I hope for is a more varied group of administrators, rather than sticking strictly to just the current group.

I really hope this can happen. Shoot me a personal message anytime if you need further elaboration. I'd like to discuss this with the new head in detail, actually.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
at least when you had steve you knew what you were dealing with

an old man who was mostly absent and let you run with the forum while he sat back and paid for everything. he had some hard lines he wouldn't let you cross but that's what parents need to do to their kids.

but then the kids got spoiled and wanted a new daddy. so steve dragged his feet and finally found someone to replace him with for his children didn't love him anymore. and the new daddy is a foster system. and the foster system works in shitty ways.

as we'll find out in a couple of months when this website makes them $0 (let's me re-introduce you to the world of business, and not the all encompassing capsule of rainbows a lot of you live in where no problems exist and neither does money) and they cut their losses and sell it to someone else.

shame, really. shame on all of you. and a shame for the site i love. you've turned pc into a prostitute and cover up the falsehoods with celebration of the future of pc.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
The one thing I hope for is a more varied group of administrators, rather than sticking strictly to just the current group.

I really hope this can happen. Shoot me a personal message anytime if you need further elaboration. I'd like to discuss this with the new head in detail, actually.
The new head(s) won't be in charge of choosing the administrators.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
at least when you had steve you knew what you were dealing with

an old man who was mostly absent and let you run with the forum while he sat back and paid for everything. he had some hard lines he wouldn't let you cross but that's what parents need to do to their kids.

but then the kids got spoiled and wanted a new daddy. so steve dragged his feet and finally found someone to replace him with for his children didn't love him anymore. and the new daddy is a foster system. and the foster system works in shitty ways.

as we'll find out in a couple of months when this website makes them $0 (let's me re-introduce you to the world of business, and not the all encompassing capsule of rainbows a lot of you live in where no problems exist and neither does money) and they cut their losses and sell it to someone else.

shame, really. shame on all of you. and a shame for the site i love. you've turned pc into a prostitute and cover up the falsehoods with celebration of the future of pc.

I'd rather we crash and burn under a faceless company than slowly erode under a sex offender.

Until Pomador makes clear their plan there's no reason to assume they're just planning on dumping PC a few months down the line. They may see use in us as an advertisement venue, or at least as a portfolio filler. Having a large community with an (on paper) huge memberbase would look good for them. That could be the whole crux of their purchase.

Last edited:

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Years
People wanted Steve gone so bad (despite his non-existent presence on the forum) they are celebrating what is effectively the corporatization of the community. PC is now entirely an asset, despite the mission statement. Hilarious.

I'd rather we crash and burn under a faceless company than slowly erode under a sex offender.

Hate to dive into this---despite its inevitability---may be the crux of the majority of the 'community''s issue of "being blinded by the light", so to speak; in the sense that it seems certain perceived traumas may have not been healed.

The new head(s) won't be in charge of choosing the administrators.
Will this remain as is, or will there be a change but the "new head(s)" will not be the deciding factor(s)?

Until Pomador makes clear their plan there's no reason to assume they're just planning on dumping PC a few months down the line.
Hence the questions we are asking; to decide this for ourselves as opposed to taking one's word for it out of blind faith.

Years
I'm looking forward

e1288c2c94604a4a0e1372ceb592145d.jpg

Last edited:
Back