• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moving to Unova, or staying in Johto/Sinnoh?

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    Hey guys.

I live in Spain and like many of you, I'm waiting for the official release of Black and White to play. Lately, I was so "hyped" that I started playing Platinum besides HeartGold, and even downloaded Emerald to remember some old things. In many of these games I was like "damn, what a shame that wouldn't be able to send those cool Items to BW with my Pokemon..." So I started preparing a few Pokes to BW. EV training and that kind of things, you know. But, is it worth it?

I mean, what are YOU going to do? Are you sending over your Team and favorite Pokemon to BW, or are you staying with DPPt / HGSS?

People who are already playing BW in Japan or either ROMs... What have YOu done? Why?

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm going to send my main team from Platinum over to Pokémon White when I get it, and I might send over my team from my Japanese Pokémon Soul Silver, all 70+

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm going to keep my favorite Pokemon on their original games, but I'm going to breed and train other Pokemon for Black and White. [:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Until B/W is released, I'll be sticking to Sinnoh and Johto. When those games are released, I'll go back to the Sinnoh and Johto games from time to time and use them to transfer any old Pokemon I need to B/W.

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    Only thing I'm going to miss is Platinum and its huge amount of replayability, especially in comparison to Black and White. And Sinnoh was a great region, too.

Aside from that... I'll be moving to Black and White permanently. Transferring everything I actually care about. I'll just replay the Generation 4 games every once in a while when I get bored.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I'm going to start fresh, do as much as I can in Pokemon White, and then when I am done I'll move over my other Pokemon from HeartGold, Diamond and Platinum to finish my Pokedex and start building a new competitive battling team.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I would have moved my team over to Black if I could by now, but you can't migrate over English caught Pokemon to Japanese B&W cartridges apparently. So annoying. So now I'm forced to wait until the English versions come out, at which point I'll definitely be migrating my Platinum/SS team over.

Jak

daяk εco frεak
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 23, 2014
    I don't even like migrating my 3rd gen Pokemon to 4th gen games, so I doubt I'll be moving any 4th gen teams to 5th gen games. I might transfer a few of my favorites just so I can have them though, but not my whole teams.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
    I'm going to be starting fresh and not sending anything over.

I wanna keep my team on my Platinum and stuff so in a few years, I can turn it back on and be like "Oh yeah! I remember you guys! Good times," ... Er... Yeah... ^^;

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    im going to keep all of my pokemon on there games at least until i beat the games again (in english this time XD) and then i might transfer a few pokemon over.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I'm going to keep my pokémon on their original games, unless I want to transfer a few of my favorites or eventually to complete my dex (when the time comes anyway... ^^;) for B&W. I have transferred some of my team before when I really missed playing with them, but usually I like to try and start fresh and then only transfer a couple favorites. :3 I like to turn my game on later down the road and see the pokemon I used to play with and then play with them again from time to time.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    I never seemed to move my main team over to any other main games. Usually I tend to breed the main ones I want, Pidgey Dratini and Scyther, and send them over and thats about it. Occasionally I will revert back to the past games and do a bit more breeding. But until then Im sticking to Johto for breeding and Sinnoh for training.

TheRatBoy

PokeYoutuber
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2011
    My strongest, favorite and shiny pokemon will make the trip to unova...that's about 5 rounds of the 5th generation equivalent of pal park.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I might keep my HGSS team where it is...so I can utilize my Pokewalker. Plus I'll definitely be replaying those games from time to time. I'll probably send over some bred pokemon to train in B/W or some ev'd pokemon, but my team will likely stay.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I will always be a Sinnoh guy but probably will trade over all my shinies and special pokes, into the new and latest game. I won't use them though, they will be like trophies.

Years
    I'm sending the majority of my Pokemon over. Nothing's going to separate me from my bros. Once most of my Pokemon are on White, I can restart HeartGold and Platinum without crying over all my lost comrades. ;_;

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Well, as I'm not playing a 4th Gen game at the moment (Emerald ftw!), I'm not really moving them on. However, once I get two English copies of each Shiny Beast and Celebi, I'll probably send over my Japanese versions...

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Ive never played Emerald so thats where I am now but as far as the 4th gen... im definitely moving on to Unova. Not much else for me to do in Johto/Kanto.

Back