• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mozilla vs Chrome: Which One Is The Best

Years
  • I prefer Firefox over Chrome, but they're both not bad! With the latest update of Firefox (53) it is much faster than before. And I also like the Compact themes :D

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Recently, I have trouble with internet browser. I just can't decide which one should I use, Google Chrome that have a great speed or Mozilla Firefox that have a great user interface. All of them are good but not all internet browsers are perfect right?

So which one is the best?
    The answer is obvious, Firefox is better because it respects your privacy. The speed difference doesn't matter anymore because it's so small. If you want to use browser like Chrome, use Iridium, it based on Chromium like Chrome but it respects your privacy.

Years
  • i ditched firefox long ago for chrome because i was having bad memory leak issues with firefox like it would get up to as much as 2GB usage and either lock up completely or crash on itself and with chrome i can access all my passwords from every computer i have chrome installed (all are password protected)

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • To be really honest I use Chrome, but I also believe that Firefox is a pretty good browser.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Been using Chrome for a long time now and it's clean, quick and streamlined. I've never had issues with it, and it gives a lot of different options and tools via add-ons.

Years
  • Either browser has its pros and cons. Both browsers are severely resource-intensive (Chrome separates its tasks while Firefox uses one single task), but they are honestly 100000% better than the shit Microsoft has.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Chrome for me. Whenever I try something else, especially something new, it's just not as good as Chrome.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • This seems to pop up every few months as a subject.

Still using firefox.

It's still just as fast as chrome.

It still has a better and sleeker interface.

It still runs more reliably than Chrome for me

It still respect my privacy (mostly) unlike government secrets Chrome

And it's still using less RAM than Chrome does for me.

Only downside is it still doesn't have as many plugins as Chrome does! But I am still surviving without my iDubbz button! Actually Firefox has some things I havent seen in chrome (I haven't looked though) such as Enhanced youtube (Scroll on the video for volume , remove ads, loop, and more) and Dark Youtube theme. I'm so used to them I can't function on youtube with Chrome!

Years
  • Either browser has its pros and cons. Both browsers are severely resource-intensive (Chrome separates its tasks while Firefox uses one single task), but they are honestly 100000% better than the shit Microsoft has.

I believe Firefox has been using multiprocess, called e10 or something, lately too. I think since version 48.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I find Chrome highly unenjoyful. Having an already perfectly setup of Firefox, when I was trying out Chrome (well, Chromium to be exact), I found having a really hard time trying to get a similar setup on it. I actually couldn't make it work the way I wanted it to be, partially because of addons not existing or not working as I wanted them to work.

So, yeah, Firefox because of how easy it is to get a good secure setup.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • i ditched firefox long ago for chrome because i was having bad memory leak issues with firefox like it would get up to as much as 2GB usage and either lock up completely or crash on itself
    You can switch back to Firefox, those issues are fixed years ago, it was usually the Flash plugin which caused them.

Luna said:
    Chrome cause I'm scared of using a new browser
    I wonder why you're so scared of using a new browser that you sacrifice your privacy by using Chrome.

Years
  • Uh, last I checked, Mozilla collects data anonymously as well, and not just Chrome...

Also, although this is more backend, keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox use different rendering engines as well. Chrome uses Webkit while Firefox uses Mozilla's Gecko engine.

Years
  • You can switch back to Firefox, those issues are fixed years ago, it was usually the Flash plugin which caused them.

I wonder why you're so scared of using a new browser that you sacrifice your privacy by using Chrome.
    i plan to stick with chrome its much easier for me to get passwords on all my computers then having to carry a unercypted flash drive with a password list

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • i plan to stick with chrome its much easier for me to get passwords on all my computers then having to carry a unercypted flash drive with a password list
    Firefox has Firefox Sync which allows you to get passwords on all your computers.

Uh, last I checked, Mozilla collects data anonymously as well, and not just Chrome...
    What kind of data it collects? AFAIK it doesn't collect any personal data like e.g. browsing history.

Last edited:
    Back