• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Music] What are your favorite album releases of 2012 so far, and why?

Years
  • Mine, in order of favorites:

Motion City Soundtrack- Go
    Definitely an interesting album, with a poppy theme and more serious lyrics than their previous release, My Dinosaur Life. It's hard to compare this with any of their previous albums, because, well no MCS albums can even be compared. They're all too diverse and different musically. I liked this mainly because it has some upbeat songs with a "happy" theme such as True Romance and Son of a Gun, and also depressing songs such as Happy Anniversary and Everyone will Die. It has amazing lyrics and songwriting (MCS has some of the best lyrics I've ever heard), just like their previous albums. Definitely their best release so far.
    My favorite tracks would be Circuits and Wires, Timelines, Everyone Will Die, and Boxelder.

All Time Low - Don't Panic
    A great pop-punk album. I wasn't really fond of Dirty Work, but I loved Nothing Personal and So Wrong, It's Right. It just came out on Oct. 9th, and I've already given it 3 or 4 listens. I liked this album because it is extremely catchy and appears to be a throwback to their older work such as So Wrong, It's Right, and Put Up or Shut Up. It is nearly impossible to sit still while listening to this.
    My favorite tracks would be Somewhere in Neverland, Outlines, So Long Soldier, and The Irony of Choking on a Lifesaver.

Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
    It's really hard for me to explain why I like this album, because it's pretty different from the other music I listen to.
    Favorite tracks are Underwater Bimbos from Outer Space, Drag King, Revival Mode, and The Low Road Has No Exits.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    Born To Die - Lana Del Rey
    I tried listening a different type of music, and I ended up loving her voice and music.

Fortune - Chris Brown
    Really liked the dance tracks off this album. A lot of catchy songs imo.

Based on a T.R.U. story
    I don't really listen to rap, but I decided to give this album a try since I heard him rap on Nicki's album, and thought it was pretty alright.

Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded - Nicki Minaj
    I started listening to Nicki Minaj, and ended up loving her music, even though some of her raps were stupid as heck. I really liked the pop songs on this album, too.

Believe - Justin Bieber
    Just a great album. Idek what to say.

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I'm more of a mixtape listener then an Album listener but I have to say

Channel Orange By Frank Ocean I'm just in love with this album.

But my Mixtape of the year is Post Traumatic Stress By Starlito

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Believe, defs. I'm a huge Belieber, as I have stated millions of times on this forum. Justin Bieber has better songs on this album, compared to Under the Mistletoe. But I have to say, Justin's songs are always the best.

Years
  • PC's server is falling apart again... You don't get details or pretty formatting because of that. Unless I decide to edit later:

All I Was - Tremonti
    Apocalyptic Love - Slash & Myles
    Write It On Your Skin - Newton Faulkner
    Black Rabbits - Grinspoon

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Truth be told, I haven't heard any amazing albums this year. The only full album I got this year was The Mars Volta's Noctourniquet and wasn't very impressed, despite them being one of my favorite bands. I recently downloaded The Lumineers' self-titled album, but haven't listened to it all because I've been uninspired to hook up my PC and do so. But I'll go ahead and say that's the best because...you can't go wrong with The Lumineers.

From what I've heard of various albums from this year though, Justin Bieber's new songs sound pretty good and they're really catchy. I've been meaning to check out Imagine Dragons' Night Visions. And uhhh yeah. That's all I can think of for now. I'm excited for Ke$ha's next album though, and I'm still awaiting a new Kings of Leon album haha. As usual...

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Got a long list, so hold on tight.
    1. Battle Born by The Killers. If not already evident by the theme I had for over a month.
    2. Night Visions by Imagine Dragons
    3. The 2nd Law by Muse
    4. Morning Parade by Morning Parade
    5. Beacon by Two Door Cinema Club
    6. Midsummer Station by Owl City
    7. Phoenix by The Classic Crime
    8. Southern Air by Yellowcard
    9. Vital by Anberlin
    And probably a couple more I forgot... I had a lot of good music this year. xD AND SYD YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT NIGHT VISIONS ITS LIKE THE BEST ALBUM EVER

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Gossamer by Passion Pit. Love like every single song on there. I think that's the only album I've actually bought in its entirety. It's much more than just Take a Walk.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Gossamer by Passion Pit. Love like every single song on there. I think that's the only album I've actually bought in its entirety. It's much more than just Take a Walk.
    Oh I heard about this album, and I really like Take a Walk, so I'll check this out. :3 Also forgot to mention Shinedown's Amaryllis and The Offspring's new album, as well as Smashing Pumpkins. xD TOO MANY BANDS

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2012
    Lonerism by Tame Impala. I would go and check this band out. Breathtaking stuff. I would consider them the modern day Beatles, sound wise.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If The Idler Wheel... by Fiona Apple isn't my favourite album of 2012 by year's end, I'll be enormously surprised. Take away the ridiculously pretentious full title - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Chords Will Serve You More Than Words Will Ever Do - and you're left with a devastatingly emotional, piano-based, amazingly vocalised album: pretty much ticking the three boxes I have for great music. Out of all of the new albums I've listened to this year - which, all being said, isn't that many - this is the one that I've listened and re-listened to the most, and each time I just find new stuff to enjoy. It really is the gift that keeps on giving, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Out of the Albums that I know about...
    Matchbox Twenty - North
    Yellowcard - Southern Air

I have yet to check out All Time Low's and Three days grace's albums yet. And I hear that A day to remember is coming out with one. But so far the above two are my favorite ones, I love pretty much everysong on them and spent weeks listening to them.

Years
  • The album that really sticks to mine is L'Enfant Sauvage by Gorjia.

God knows how many times I have listened to that album and I love every second of it. The album is just done so well, the vocals, guitar, drums, bass, everything just flows and fits perfectly. I highly recommend it to anyone who like Rock/Heavy Rock and/or Metal or anything along those lines.​

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • Just finished listening to Halcyon by Ellie Goulding. Another amazing album. Once I started listening to albums in their entirety I find I like the artist that much more.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The 2nd Law by Muse omg it's sooo good <333 It was only released recently but it's such an amazing album - I've had it on repeat since! There's a couple of iffy songs that I don't like too much, but there's some absolute gold on there too. Songs like Panic Station, Madness, Survival, they're just so good I love it! The album doesn't really resemble Muse that much tbh since it's completely different to their usual work, but I wouldn't say that's a bad thing, it's just different. :3 Also very much looking forward to Biffy Clyro's new album Opposites coming out soon, cannot waaiiiitttt! <3

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    The only two that come to mind are Electra Heart by Marina and the Diamonds and Azealia Bank's mixtape Fantasea. Y'all know how much I love Marina, it's not worth typing out yet another post about her at this point of time. A girl can only make so many posts without sounding a little bit crazy!
    Esta Noche is by far the greatest thing Azealia has produced so far, though 1991 was bloody great too. Just record perfection. Can't wait until Broke with Expensive Taste is released next year, ah. Azealia has managed to win over my heart by not only being the pop artist that Nicki will never be, but being a superior rapper to Nicki too. Not that Nicki isn't a good rapper when she tries, but I find that Azealia is simply better. God bless her.

Back