• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen "My daughter Walda doesn't laugh enough."

Status
Not open for further replies.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
  • You guys may remember the house in Rustboro City, up north-west where you can go upstairs and find a bed, surrounded with Pokedolls and with a little girl (Walda) in it? When you talk to the guy standing next to her bed, he asks you if you know a funny phrase or words to put in to make her laugh.

I remember when I first played R/S/E this thing bugged me a lot because I did not know what to do or the exact purpose of this. Later on, I found a website that helps you generate a "phrase" to make Walda laugh. You can find this at: http://www.filb.de/games/gba/emerald/word?lang=2

In Emerald, you can pretty much design your own PC Box background because of this 'in-game event'. You have to fill in your ID Number and you can pick your own colour scheme and background pattern. When you are done (you can see a preview what your background will look like) just click on "Generate secret word" and the phrase you have to fill in appears.

*Please note this is no cheating or anything, I tested it many times and it does work, it's actually really fun and you can create something personal in your own game, which is nice.

So what do you guys think? Have you actually done this like me? Do you think designing your own backgrounds for your PC Boxes should re-appear in the Pokemon games? Please let me know ;)

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
    Years
  • I see and looks legit so ill will try to to do what I can. Finally though! So many hours of just saying things to her but never working. Thank you. I hope its easier in ORAS.

She_Delphox

Years
  • I see and looks legit so ill will try to to do what I can. Finally though! So many hours of just saying things to her but never working. Thank you. I hope its easier in ORAS.

Trust me it's legit. :) I'm currently playing Emerald and I just inserted my "funny phrase" and I got a really cute Pikachu Wallpaper now :D I have been using this website for a couple of years now, since I found out how to solve this 'issue'. I saw it hasn't been posted yet on PC so I thought, maybe I can help some people out with this ;)

I wonder though if this will return in ORAS :o part of me kinda hope it does, since it's nice to add something personal to alter in the games :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I had no idea about her existence when I'd first played RSE, haha. In my second run, I eventually found her, and was always trying to make her laugh with some combination of phrase. Unfortunately, though, I was never able to get the job done. ): I would've looked some phrases up online, but hadn't thought about that back then.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I have a vague recollection of her, but I think I moved on after failing to make her laugh. I should definitely get out my game again at some point and try the link you provided. It seems like a neat feature!

Edit: Except I can't seem to get the link to work at the moment. I guess I'll try it again later.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Oh wow, this is actually really neat! I never knew there was so much customization put into it, otherwise I would have tried it. Thanks for the link to that site. I'm totally gonna make use of it! I mean, I tried when I first played, but I never really could figure it out and didn't think much of it. Also hope this returns in ORAS, since now there could be even crazier combinations haha. This would be awesome to see return!

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • This would have saved me a lot of time! I can't even count how many combinations I've tried to make Wanda laugh but to no avail. Hopefully, if she returns, another phrase generator will be made. :p

She_Delphox

Years
  • I have a vague recollection of her, but I think I moved on after failing to make her laugh. I should definitely get out my game again at some point and try the link you provided. It seems like a neat feature!

Edit: Except I can't seem to get the link to work at the moment. I guess I'll try it again later.

It really is a neat feature :D Oh too bad that's weird, when I click on the link it does work :o Hopefully you can view it soon enough ;)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I always told her inappropriate things just to laugh at the quote he says faster. And I don't care about the extra textboxes lol..

Years
  • I was never able to make Walda laugh no matter what I typed on the blanks, until I discovered the site that Delphox had linked to through a google search (the generator works, trust me). The Groudon and Kyogre box really stood out to me, so I chose to type a code for that one in every single run that I made through Emerald.

Years
  • I knew about that website, I filled the blanks with foul language, jokes, and dirty stuff, but she still didn't laugh. SOMETHING IS DEFINITELY NOT RIGHT WITH HER.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Yeah, I encountered her during my playthroughs. It was kinda frustrating for the nine-year-old me, and I said almost everything I found funny during the time. I gave up and just moved on. I knew about the website long ago, and I was pleased when it finally worked. Although I was expecting a greater gift. xD

Years
  • Before clicking on this thread, I had no idea who Walda was or what she was capable of unlocking, haha. Actually I'm kind of glad I didn't, because I probably would've spent way too much time trying to make her laugh! Going to have to go and try this now! She should definitely return in ORAS, with new phrases and combinations.

She_Delphox

Years
  • Before clicking on this thread, I had no idea who Walda was or what she was capable of unlocking, haha. Actually I'm kind of glad I didn't, because I probably would've spent way too much time trying to make her laugh! Going to have to go and try this now! She should definitely return in ORAS, with new phrases and combinations.

Lol yeah, back when I was a kid it took me waaaay too long to find this out :3 I tried so many times to make her laugh and never understood why it wouldn't work... :(

Try it out, it really works and you can make some great designs. Please note however, that a random "word" will be generated with numbers and letters for example. The outcome may seem odd but it definitely will make her laugh this time! :P

Enjoy ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back