• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My name is, my name is, my name is...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Slim Shady

Two parter, this one:
    1) What does your username on PC mean/why did you choose your username?
    2) What's your offline name/do you like your actual, offline name?

And would you change any of them if you could?

droomph

weeb
    Years
    It means nothing, and I chose it because it's just the most original name that I could think of that doesn't require, like, fifty numbers afterwards like most other names.

It's Shane and honestly I don't like it very much...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    1) What does your username on PC mean/why did you choose your username?: I was into Pokemon Platiinum, and I'm a guy. I chose it because I couldn't think of a better name.
    2) What's your offline name/do you like your actual, offline name?: Matthew. I actually like it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Lightning was my online handle for quite a few years online before I shifted over to Cherrim. It originally came from an RP account I had on the Yahoo chatrooms when I was really young. I believe the username was lightning_the_baby_pichu and it was my favourite account in the Pokemon chatrooms. :P When my account on another forum was compromised and I had to restart, I decided to adopt the name Lightning and it stuck.

My real name is "Erica". I used to find it really boring when I was a kid and I always wanted a name that started with K for some reason, but now I absolutely love my name. It means "ever powerful, ever ruler" so it definitely fits my ego. :'D The only things I dislike about it are all the different spellings, though I think it's more common with a C so I usually don't have a problem.

Years
    I chose Hikari10 cos it's a combination of Hikari (Dawn), one of my fave characters in Pokemon and the 10 comes from October, the month I was born in.

It's Nichole. It's an alright name, my mother was originally going to name me Chloe. At least Nichole has an anagram of Chloe in it.

And no, I have no plans on changing names anytime. I love what I have.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    My username is just something I came up with. I hatched a Scyther on Pearl in the summer of 08 and named it Sydian. Still have it. I was also joining a friend's forum to mod there, and I thought it sounded "modly." It worked out here I suppose!

I don't like my real name that much, but I like the spelling. Though that's also the annoying part, because no one ever spells it right. It's not like it has 5 silent Q's or something. Ugh.

I love my username, and I wouldn't change it for the world. If I absolutely had to, my other common username is Seiphre, so I'd go to that. As for my real name, I have another name in mind that I think suits me a lot better, and people have even agreed with me on it. But...and this is a weird reason idk, but someone special makes me actually like my name. We both have unique names and idk...it just works. I could never get used to that person calling me by any other name.

Last edited:

Argenta

Soul
    Years
    it means no heart feelings hahaha

it means nothing,just Riko..i choose it randomly :P

offline is only my own business,why would i use online name if i don't want you to know my offline one? lol

i like my real name it's good and i won't change it for any reason..and so my online :)

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    1) BRIAR is, according a baby names' dictionary, a "thorny plant." i actually ended up with this username because i have this tendency to use first names (not necessarily mine) as usernames. my most used online pseudonym then was "Suzie," (not my name, btw) but by the time i made this account, i've had too many accounts (at least, i believed it was too many) that went with the username of "suzie," or other variations of the name. i then decided to go to my favourite baby names' suggester and searched for a nice, edgy, and androgynous-sounding name. that's when i stumbled upon "briar," which is a female name, but could also be easily mistaken as male name.

2) my offline ("real") name is marie louis, although i'm nicknamed "meme" ("meh-meh") by my friends. i actually like both my real, offline name and my nickname.

as for changing either my offline name or my username, i wouldn't change either of them. although, for my username, i'd probably just change "Briar" to "briar," just to make it seem less "formal."

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    1a) My username came from the Shining Raichu Pokemon card, because getting that card was one of the most exciting Pokemon-related experiences in my childhood. I also figured when I joined that I should have a Pokemon-related username since it was a Pokemon-related forum, which I now regret because I don't post that often in the Pokemon sections here anymore :P

1b) My other online name, Andy Lately, which I'm starting to use in other places, is just my name with a play on one of my favourite TV shows, Chelsea Lately. If name changes are ever re-introduced, I'll seriously consider changing my name to that.

2) My real name is Andrew. Nobody in real life calls me Andy, they all call me Andrew. I quite like the name; I have no real problems with it. It's a normal name but it's not quite as common as a lot of the other normal male names. I do prefer Andy as a name though; after having everybody here call me Andy, Andrew just sounds so formal. Andy is lighter and more casual, so I enjoy it more :)

Years
    Shouldn't the title be "Hi, my name is -WHAT- my name is -WHO- my name is..."

GOD JON!

ANYWAY!

It doesn't mean anything really. It was originally a joke username to do with Fifa and CoD.

My real name is Will. Fun hu?​

Years
    Drakow is a combination of dark, black and shadow. The name is supposed to sound Draconian too. My real name is OK but it's nowhere near as epic as Drakow.

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
    My online name "Huggie" or "Huggie-Gali" was founded by my boyfriend and he still calls me like that sometimes so I got used to it, plus it's kinda unique so don't have to add ten numbers behing it every time I sign in a new place. Huggie obviously derives from hug, because I really like cuddling or hugging someone and being hugged back ( sorry about any possible grammatical mistakes :P) Gali, pronounced galee ( g sounds like Y in yellow) is the ancient greek word for cats and that's because many people believe that I have some cat genes inside me :P (I like nuzzling, cuddling, resting in warm places wrapped around my self, sneezing like a cat etc) It's fun though :) I have another one ,older "astrellitsa" which is a combination of "asteri" (greek word for star) Stella (my real name ) and Trellitsa ( craziness in greek). That was an inspiration of my beloved friend who loves to make nicknames for everyone and everything that breaths ( or not) on this planet.

My real name is Stella (latin word for star) and , well it's not that bad , it's a nice name but sometimes I like others better.

I wouldn't change my online name coz its important to me but I really like names such us Nefeli, Ourania, or Tanya.

Last edited:

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    My username is not one that I frequently use; it's a corruption of another one I use fairly commonly, which itself is a corruption of a username that I saw someone else use long ago. If that makes any sense. I essentially chose it because it sounds cool, I guess.

The only reason I'd want to change my username is because the "Zeph" part is much more common on PC than on any other community I've joined, haha. Though I wouldn't really know what to change it to.

I like my real name. It's supposedly fairly common, but I've only met one person in real life who shares my name. My mum was considering naming me something else, but I'm happy with what I ended up with.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
    My nickname should be prenounced with o in the end. I took it from my favourite Muppet, but it's my nickname since I was 5 or so. My friend called me this way, then it spread to other friends and ended like this. When I was 10 I searched for my nickname's origins and fell in love with Muppets.

Me real name is Konrad, comes from German and means brave, good advisor. I think my name fits my personality and I really like it. Only my childhood friends call me Gonzo and I use it in the Internet. I actually like that people use my name.

Years
    My username came from back when I use to merge pokemon sprites, because I'm so cool, and I use to be known in that little circle of people for my ability to merge pokemon sprites with pokemon trainer sprites. Someone then called them hybrid trainers and I liked that so I thought I'd take it as a name.
    Now though I use it because I've yet to see anyone else use it. Plus I like the word Hybrid because it uses a Y for the I sound.

As for my real name I don't really like it. David's just an extremely common name and I really don't think it suits me. I'm not too sure what I'd get it changed to, I've never really thought about what name would suit me but pretty much everyone who has spent an extended amount of time with me has always said their drawn to calling me James instead.

Ayselipera

It's two names joined. Aysel means moonbeam and ipera is another name where I mixed the letters around so idr the meaning or how it's even originally supposed to be spelled. I thought it looked nice, that's my only reasoning.

Real name is Mallory and yes I like it.

And no to changing either of them.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
    ShadowStriatonTriad

1) What does your username on [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]PC[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] mean/why did you choose your username?
    My username is obviously ShadowStriatonTriad. I chose this because I recently became a supporter of the speculation that the Striaton Trio may be the Shadow Triad, and I thought it would be awesome if that happened. Also, I love the Striaton Gym leaders, especially Dento!!!:cer_love:
    My offline name is Sierra.:pink_nod:

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    1 - I chose this username because it sounded cool yet original at the time. That and I was a rather big Kingdom Hearts junkie at the time so one night I randomly thought up of the name Xulek while making a gamertag for my X-Box 360 back then, basically rearranging the letters of my original name and adding an x in it to be fancy. Pretty much to show my appreciation of Organization XIII back then.

2 - Take out the x in Xulek and rearrange the letters a bit, my name should be rather obvious by then. And yes I hate it because I do not want my name to mean bringer of light, if anything I've been doing the opposite all my life lol.

Considering how old this name is nowadays due to originally claiming it in mid to late 2009, I'd prefer to go by the name Matsuri due to that being my band name and all right now. So yeah if I could get my name changed on here it would be Matsuri while irl I would prefer the name Seth since that was the very first nickname I actually enjoyed having.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    I wanted a cool and original name and at the time I was drinking apple juice and thought "Hey, why not?" When it was time to change names I was going to either change it to something japanese sounding or Flashlights but I ended up sticking with my name.

My real name is Riley and I like it, even though it's neutral gender.

Back