• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My name is, my name is, my name is...

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
    Years
    Not surprisingly, my username is Magdalena~. It's a new name to me but I love it very much and have no desire to change it. Basically I was making a new account here to replace my old one. As soon as I made this account I instinctively chose the name "Cupcake~" because I've always wanted that name, but it turned out Cupcake~ was taken! I was a bit upset at first but I decided I would just call myself the word for cupcake in another language. Spanish is my goto so I looked up the Spanish word for cupcake (I should have known it already but whatever lol) AND I LOVED IT. IT WAS SO PERFECT. I'm so happy I didn't pick "Cupcake~" omg. It's vastly inferior to Magdalena~ which is just the perfect name for me. One thing I love about it is that it sounds like my real name a lot.
    So to recap:
    -Magdalena is Spanish for "cupcake" or "muffin" (or this).
    -It's similar to my real name.
    -The tilde is because my old username had a tilde so it's just become obligatory for me.

My real name is Maggie. It's not short for Magdalena though, haha. It's short for Margaret. I've always liked my name because everyone says it's cute and I agree! I like the sound of it, its flexibility (so many potential nicknames!), the fact it starts with m (I love names that start with m) and its meaning. Margaret comes from the Greek for "pearl" and in Romanic languages it developed the meaning "daisy". People call me Maggie, Mags, Magpie, Margie, or sometimes Daisy. I also sometimes make people call me Margaret or Magda because those names are awesome.
    Magly is my Zelda name. Whenever I play a Zelda game, I name myself Magly. It is now officially a tradition. xD

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
    1) What does your username on PC mean/why did you choose your username?

Kurui derived from Kurue, which is Kageroza-kun's Zanpakutou release command from BLEACH. I have a habit of taking terms related to him, changing them slightly, and using them for various names, teams I own, etc. XD Kurui is also my stage/singer name.

2) What's your offline name/do you like your actual, offline name?

Shilotta. Though most people call me Shi. I like it because it sounds nice in the songs/albums that this one guy writes for me all the time. It's got a nice flow to it I guess?

Years
    My username is a play on my real name, Fiona. I've had a bunch of usernames over the years (Tycho, Kryptik, RD43), but over the last year or two I've mostly just been using my name - and Fiona was already taken here. I'd change it to Fiona if I could.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My username came from an older username, which came from an even older username. Several years ago I was on a Danny Phantom forum and my username was DanPhantomFan (Dan being short for Danny. Not talking about his future self from The Ultimate Enemy). Eventually I didn't want to be named that anymore but I wanted a name that kept with my initials DPF since I was widely known by those initials on the forums. So, eventually I came up with 'DigiPeachFruit'.

Fast forward a few years and one day my friend and I were playing around with my username saying things like 'DigiPeachFruit. The Peaches are Binary'. We were obsessing over Digimon at the time so the Digital world is made up of binary code. Thus, 'The Peaches are Binary'. Eventually I took that and formed the username you see today: BinaryPeaches.

That said, BinaryPeaches basically means the following:
    Binary: composed of two pieces or two parts + Peaches: A Fruit that people eat. = BinaryPeaches: A fruit that people eat composed of two pieces or two parts. (Or rather, Peaches that are composed of binary coding).

As for my real name it's Tara. I like my name and I would never change it. There's... not much else to really be said haha.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Slim Shady

Two parter, this one:

And would you change any of them if you could?

1 - What does your username on PC mean: Quote from the Soul/Silver Pokedex "Its magnificent bark conveys a sense of majesty. Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it.", that means I'm awesome and anyone who reads a post from me bows down before me!
    1.5 - why did you choose your username: Before I joined PC I used to post comments on a Pokemon site called The-APCC (it was one of PC's Community Sites). I had to sign-up to post the comments so I went with the name of my fav Pokemon... Arcanine. And when I joined PC I used the same name, when I rejoined PC (when we restarted) I used the same name, and I've had it for over 9 years now.

2 - What's your offline name: Andrew, but everyone calls me Andy.
    2.5 - do you like your actual, offline name: I have no probs with my name.

3 - And would you change any of them if you could: I wouldn't mind changing my PC name to Yoko Littner or Makise Kurisu, but I've had Arcanine for so long I think I'd regret it pretty much right after changing it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2023

My username on PC is from the Hunger Games. In the Hunger Games, the mockingjay is a mixed breed of a "muttation" bird called a jabberjay, which is a bird that completely copied human speech, and a mockingbird. The mockingjays can mimic sounds, which are usually melodies, and they will sometimes sing back if your voice or tune is beautiful enough.

My name is Jessi. I was named after my great uncle Jessie, but my parents decided to keep off the "e." I don't understand why; maybe it's because I am a girl, though. I like my name because it sounds cute, but many people think that my name is actually Jessica..

And would you change any of them if you could?

I would most certainly not change my names. I love my real name, and I love the Hunger Games.. xD.

Years

Well, it doesn't really mean anything. I randomly thought of it. Why did I choose it? Because I was tired of using the same username I use for all websites I join. Would I change it? Not now, maybe soon if I get truly tired of it.

2) What's your offline name/do you like your actual, offline name? My name is Eric. I don't really like this name, or see anything significant in it. I probably wouldn't change it officially, but I have many nicknames.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    1) Penatrait. Off-spelling of penetrate, which means to forcibly enter.

2) You can call me Alex and I do like that name but it's not my favourite.

Oh, and I wouldn't change my offline name but I would change my online name.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    1- At the time of signing up, I had some obsession with space and astronomy...I also played Final Fantasy Dissidia. There was this soundtrack called: Otherworld. Just added my favorite number, something random like a ")," and there. I had better ones, but they were taken.

2- A spanish name. I actually love it, since nobody at my school has it...and I haven't met anybody online with that name yet, so I feel rather unique.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    When I was 6, I needed to make a hotmail account so I had an email for neopets. Someone had taken the name zappysparks so instead I improvised and made the name zappyspiker and it's been like that ever since xD

Real name (or nickname more like) is Nina s'ok I guess. Nothing special but I guess I've gotten to used to it.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Musica, which obviously means Music. I love listening to good songs and I got the name from one of the characters from Groove Adventure : Rave.

Karlo, yesssss. I like it.

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
    Years
    1.My username was based of when I saw the anime of where The deoxys took Meowth and Max into his...place?Well it had me wanting to be a pokemon ranger ever since.Even bought a PMR game.
    2. My offline name is William.Like at the end of the school year,(I'm going to 8th grade next school year)I put Bill on all my papers for the day as a joke starting 3rd period.(Socail Studys)I Like my name I was my great-grandpas First name,while its my grandpa's middle name.(My middle name is my uncle's first name)So,I'm Pretty glad with it.:)

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
    I wanted my username to be something gothic and dark, and I was listening to a song about a Black Rose, and I really liked the looks of them.
    I decided that I wanted a new username to be that, but spiced up a bit. So.....
    Schwarz = Black in German, and Rozen = Rose in a name.

My actually name, hmm rather not give that out. People call me by my last name a lot, and I don't want to say that either. Online people call me Touko (I run a Touko page on FB), Rose, or Rozen.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    1) My username, Kotowari, is Japanese for reason, a principle, justice, right, truth, science. Oddly enough, the meaning of the word "Kotowari" fits me quite well, as I'm a scientist in training, I have my principles and I care a lot about the truth. I say odd, because the word did not catch my interest through the meaning, but the sound. It is the title of one of my favourite Soundtrack songs (In memories - Kotowari/Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen). I was Mudkipblader before and wanted a less weeabooish, more mature name. My choice was made very quickly.

Do I plan on changing it? No.

My real name is Clara, meaning "Light, clear". I'm very happy with my name, thank you. :> I was amused when I found out last year that my persona/main OC name [Ylia] (which I have been using for over 9 years) is a form of an Irish name which means something along the same line. Guess it was meant to be~

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My name online means Always in French. I'm kind of tired of it, it sounds a little pretentious to me. I would like a name that's just one English word, I always liked those names.

I hate my real name and have gotten into the habit of not sharing it on PC since I've gotten people that refused to not call me it just because they knew it, lol. I've started to get more comfortable with the idea of people using it though.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    My username is actually Elvish - dark (Mor) + wizard (kula). It comes from a character I created for a story I was writing waaaay back...a character who was, obviously, a dark wizard. Fun fact: it's not pronounced like Dracula, the ku is a hard "oo" sound. MOR - koo - luh

My real name is Geoffrey but most people online and a lot of people offline call me Geoff. It annoys me when people misspell/mispronounce it, but in writing my full name with middle initial looks really professional and sophisticated, so I'm fine with it. :P

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    It annoys me when people misspell/mispronounce it

I always used to pronounce it Gee-off. :)

My username is a nickname I received in high school and it stuck there, like it stuck here.

My real name always gets mistaken for Jared and I'm so used to it, I go by that in many of my classes because the teachers never get it right and I no longer bother to correct them.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Serene Grace was a move I was very interested in back when it was introduced (I think it was back in gen 4). Since then I adopted the name in the final name change thread on PC.

My real name is Muyiwa (pronounced Moo-ye-wah, or just "Moo-wah") but everyone calls me Muyi.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Can't believe I forgot to answer my own question. Hoo, boy.

In any event, there's actually two possible bases for my user name. It comes from my first e-mail address that I had long before I even joined PC ([email protected] - don't bother trying it, I've long since abandoned it). But even then, I can't actually remember how I came up with it. It might be from the show CatDog which would have been airing at around that time; it might also be from the fact that I had both a cat and a dog (as opposed to just one or the other). Since I can't remember the exact time and/or reasoning for the name, I just go with the former when explaining it, for the most part. It's what people tend to assume as well, so why bother correcting them?

My real name is Jonathan, although fewer and fewer people call me that as of late. Pretty much just my immediate family at this point. Jon is the most common amongst people on PC and acquaintances, but offline friends call me a whole host of other things. So much so that it's really weird when any of them call me 'Jonathan' as one of them did a few days ago!

Furthermore, I like both of my names and wouldn't think to change any of them. :D

Back