• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My ridiculous theory

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
  • In the trailer, it states how all the other games "come together", which some people thought meant all of the regions. I personally don't think that theory is correct, but I expect that Kalos at least will make a return. Now, something came to my attention a few minutes ago: Red and Blue, through the MissingNo glitch, allowsyyou to have Pokemon up to level 255. We have no idea what would happen if these Pokémon would be transferred to Sun and Moon, but let's say we take the above statement literally and assume that Sun and Moon do in fact, have all 6(possibly 7, even 8 if Orre makes a return) regions. Expanding the level cap and having the glitched Pokemon be legit would be a solution to making the level curve somewhat sane. Perhaps expand it further to fit all 6/7/8 regions. Although, if there were 6-8 regions, the content would be bare/minimum, as the 3DS Cartridge can only store 8GB of space, UNLESS the space on the cartridge is expanded even further, similar to how Fire Red ROMS can be ddoubled in size.

Well, what do you think?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I like the idea of raising the level cap, that might break competitive a little, but we could have a matchmaking system. as for all 8 regions, I don't think so. Only expert hackers can do that :p

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Interesting theory! Although I don't really see all 7/8 regions packed in one game as a strong possibility. Nor do I think it's ideal, since I'd much prefer to have one big region with a lot to explore, rather than 7 or 8 shallow ones.

I also doubt the Pokémon will accept glitch Pokémon anyways, the Pokémon Bank in its current state checks for hacks, so it'll probably do similar data validation when bringing Pokémon in from the gen 1 ports. This of course is all just guessing on my part, though, GameFreak might very well have this up their sleeve ;p

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • As unlikely as the level cap getting increased seems, it'd mean everyone would have to work on their teams. Maybe that would be a way of getting new people into playing competitively.

Years
  • I don't think increasing the level cap will be a good thing, especially since it's unlikely we'll even expect a game with all the regions at once. Also, as Sopheria said Pokemon Bank does glitch checks which I'm sure will stay as they are with the new update.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • That's quite a bold theory, but I don't see it happening. That game would be amazing though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    If games like Hyperdimension Neptunia can get their level cap raised to 999, Pokemon sure can do the same.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Interesting theory! Although I don't really see all 7/8 regions packed in one game as a strong possibility. Nor do I think it's ideal, since I'd much prefer to have one big region with a lot to explore, rather than 7 or 8 shallow ones.

I also doubt the Pokémon will accept glitch Pokémon anyways, the Pokémon Bank in its current state checks for hacks, so it'll probably do similar data validation when bringing Pokémon in from the gen 1 ports. This of course is all just guessing on my part, though, GameFreak might very well have this up their sleeve ;p
    About the regions. I've thought that before that if they were to include all 8 regions they should divide them between the pair. Three of them in Sun, and another Three in Moon. The new region in both. So perhaps Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn for Sun, and Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos for Moon, or a different arrangement of the six between the two games. I do think that if they were to do this that Kanto and Johto be included together since they're connected by a large landmass. Interestingly the ones I mentioned for Sun were the first regions we explored in the first ten years of Pokemon (February 27, 1996-February 27, 2006), while those I mentioned for Moon were the ones we explored in the second ten years (February 27, 2006- February 27, 2016 (DP was out by September of 2006)) of Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    About the regions. I've thought that before that if they were to include all 8 regions they should divide them between the pair. Three of them in Sun, and another Three in Moon. The new region in both. So perhaps Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn for Sun, and Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos for Moon, or a different arrangement of the six between the two games. I do think that if they were to do this that Kanto and Johto be included together since they're connected by a large landmass. Interestingly the ones I mentioned for Sun were the first regions we explored in the first ten years of Pokemon (February 27, 1996-February 27, 2006), while those I mentioned for Moon were the ones we explored in the second ten years (February 27, 2006- February 27, 2016 (DP was out by September of 2006)) of Pokemon.

There's two ways to look at this. Marketing-wise, the amount of money they'd get for these games would be INSANE because nobody would buy just one if they could access every game. That however could backfire as people would criticize GF for doing that - actually forcing people to buy both games to get the full experience. The way version differences work right now we're sitting really well. Nobody hates GF for forcing us to buy double, and... yeah. It just works. While it would be a good idea, I'd rather if they didn't, because it would be essentially the same thing as the difference between Gold and Crystal for example (pretty slight, main difference being Suicune and a few aesthetic changes). This would be more extreme, and I really don't think they should go for it if possible. If we're including old gens, they should leave it at Kalos for now.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • There's two ways to look at this. Marketing-wise, the amount of money they'd get for these games would be INSANE because nobody would buy just one if they could access every game. That however could backfire as people would criticize GF for doing that - actually forcing people to buy both games to get the full experience. The way version differences work right now we're sitting really well. Nobody hates GF for forcing us to buy double, and... yeah. It just works. While it would be a good idea, I'd rather if they didn't, because it would be essentially the same thing as the difference between Gold and Crystal for example (pretty slight, main difference being Suicune and a few aesthetic changes). This would be more extreme, and I really don't think they should go for it if possible. If we're including old gens, they should leave it at Kalos for now.

I think the former would be more likely than the latter. The reason people criticize GameFreak's usual M.O. of releasing two separate versions is because they're generally the same game with minor differences--i.e. a few version exclusive Pokémon, different legendary mascot, a slightly altered (but more or less the same) story. Whereas what ORAS is describing is more akin to releasing two completely separate games at once. And unlike the current paired version system we have now, they'd actually have a good reason for releasing two different games, since they couldn't fit all of the regions into one game. So I think it'd be a well-received move, if they were to do this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Some have grumbled before that they still do pair versions. I recalled some one this site wanted a single version like was rumored, as the pairs aren't very different. A different story would be fine, like in Fire Emblem fates (not that people didn't complain about the split).

Back