• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Top 5 GBA Games

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
  • The Gameboy Advance. How I adore you. You've always been there for me to love. In the seven years you served you sold over 40 million copies in the Americas and now I pay tribute to you on a completely random day. The following is my opinion. Also, if you only care about the final word, scroll down to the bottom.

5- Pokemon Emerald

You know why it's here. I know why it's here. EVERYONE KNOWS WHY IT'S HERE. Moving on.

4- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Have I told you people I'm addicted to this game on a very high level. I can't seem to stop. The level of customization you can put into characters is quite large. The graphics are quite good. And oddly enough, the story's a little flawed. I know, I was shocked too.
    Spoiler:

So back to the gameplay. It's on a grid and is turn based. There are so many possibility for your clan. And customization is one of my favourite things in a game. Plenty of classes, plenty of races, a good long story. A fantastic Game Boy Advance Game.

3- Mega Man and Bass

I love this game. I love this game a lot. This game is actually a port of a Super Famicom called: Rock Man and Forte and was released in 1998. Why we in North America never got it, I have no idea. But, it was re-released on the GBA. The music is subpar for Mega Man games, although I do like Magic Man's level. The graphics are colourful and you get to play as Mega Man AND Bass! This allows for two styles of gameplay. The fact that Bass can double jump, dash jump, can fire rapidly and can fire in seven out eight directions is pretty sweet for getting thru the levels BUT the fact that his buster fires rapidly also means that only one the bullets will actually hit a boss. And with Mega Man, the fact that he can charge his buster and moves while shooting, makes bosses a lot easier. See, strategy. Player gets to make some choices, everyone wins. But something that did annoy me is, why don't you have access to all eight bosses right from the start? You only have access to three. But either way, this game rocks and is crazy fun. It might not be Mega Man 9, but it is a fun Mega Man game nonetheless.

2- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

Think about it, a giant, non-linear world to explore, plenty of bosses and 8 or 9 (I haven't played it in a while) magical, wonderful worlds to explore. Seriously, when I first played this, I was just mindlessly wandering and I was still having fun. I'm 12 now and I can plan a route and it's still so much fun. Sure, it doesn't have the depth that Superstar had or the outright and undeniable fun that was packed into The Crystal Shards, but this game is still 2D side-scrolling perfection packed into a five dollar cartridge. And there's UFO Kirby. And of course, the music we've come to expect from a Kirby game. Dream-like and lullabye-esque. Just beautiful. And of course this game is trying to be like the Four Swords. I never actually played this with 3 other people but I'm assuming it's crazy fun. In conclusion this game is awesome. It's right up there with Superstar

1- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

O,M,G! This is my favourite RPG, PERIOD. Wanna know why? For one, when an opponent attacks, you can do something. Kinda like in the Mega Man Battle Network series. For every single attack from every boss or enemy, you can negate, evade or reverse every single attack that comes at you. And, there's no random battles. Two gold stars but there's another mountain coming at you. The graphics are, dazzling. No less than dazzling. The best 2d Mario sprites you can find. Also, this game tends to make refrences. I.E. one of the Hammer Bros. says "Now you're playing with power!" An old Nintendo slogan from the early eighties and late nineties. Also, when you're in a cave, you hear a remake of the old Super Mario Bros. 1-2 level. And the music. Ooooh, the music. I love the battle theme, it is at par with the Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars' battle theme. It's in psuedo 3-D which works, you get the Mario platforming here and there and the puzzles are rather easy but the final boss. OH MY GOD
    Spoiler:
    And the game is actually pretty funny. The jokes are here and there and anything involving Luigi is automatic WIN! So Alphadream, you're the new Square Enix. Here's your crown, here's your money and here's your certificate of win. Hey, at least they haven't made only two games in their main franchise and are constantly popping out good, but rather unnecessary remakes and where's Final Fantasy VI? That's still the best Final Fantasy ever made. In case you're wondering, Enix makes the Dragon Quests, and Jupiter is making TWEWY and Kingdom Hearts. How many Final Fantasies after Final Fantasy X? I believe just two and one of them was an MMORPG. But either way, this game rocks! Alphadream is one of my favourite developers along Insomniac (Ratchet & Clank) and Dimps (Sonic Rush).

Final Rundown

5- Pokemon Emerald
    4- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    3- Mega Man and Bass
    2- Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
    1- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Now tell me, what's your favourite GBA games?

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The only games I ever really enjoyed playing on the GBA were the Megaman games. Battle Network 1-3 and Megaman Zero 1 and 2. So I'd have to put those five on my list. :P

Really didn't play any other handheld games again until Diamond and Pearl were released.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The lack of Fire Emblem or Advance Wars makes this list kinda lol-worthy...and I'd put FRLG over emerald. XD

But I digress...Superstar Saga is indeed my favorite of the Mario RPG series (including the Paper Mario games)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I really disliked Megaman and Bass, and yeah, I prefered FRLG to the Hoenn games.

My list would be made up of Fire Emblem 7, 8 and 6 and Advance wars 1 and 2.

Originality for the win.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I have Tactics Advance and for some reason I could never get into it. :/ I like SFA3, but I've never played the one for the GBA. I'm not too big on hand held fighting games.

My list would probably be:

FE7
    Mother 3
    Super Robot Wars OG
    Tales of Phantasia (Translation for this one sucked though.)
    Golden Sun

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    What's the matter, too hard?

Nice try at being clever.

I found it too easy compared to other Megaman games actually..Megaman 9 is the Pinnacle of the series for me personally.

Tyranitar.

The Reborn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Oo. Top 5 GBA games huh? Mine would be

1.Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen
    2.Fire Emblem Swords of Seal
    3.Golden Sun 2.
    4.Final Fantasy IV Advanced
    5.Final Fantasy Advance Tactics

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
  • 5. Metroid Fusion
    4. Golden Sun
    3: Mother 3 (DAMN YOU LAZY TRANSLATION TEAM!!!!11!!!1!)
    2: Advance Wars
    1: WarioWare: Twisted!

While I'm at it, I'll list my favorite GBC games. (GBC>GBA, anyway.)

5. Wario Land
    4. Super Mario Deluxe
    3. LoZ:OoS
    2. Pokemon Crystal
    1. Metal Gear Solid: Ghost Babel

Last edited:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • 1. M&L Superstar Saga! (One of my top 3 favorite games overall. #2, I think.)
    2. Megaman Battle Network 3 (Either one)
    3. Mother 3 (Come on! It's just... beautiful.)
    4. DBZ Legacy of Goku II (A lot better than the first one, that's for sure.)/ Port of Super Mario World. (It is pretty fun.)
    5. Tales of Phantasia. (What do you expect from such awesomeness? Would be higher in my list if I had a chance to beat it.)

Edit: Post 700!

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • 1. Golden Sun/TLA
    2. Final Fantasy 1&2
    3. Pokemon RSE
    4. Mario and Luigi
    5. Advance Wars + sequel

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • In no particular order...

Golden Sun
    Wario Land 4
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Metroid: Zero Mission (Fusion is probably better, but I haven't played it :c)
    And uhh.... Pokemon game of you choice (probably Emerald for most people, but I liked FRLG) or the port of Super Mario World

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    1. Pokemon Emerald.
    The best Pokemon Game that also introduced Pokemon animations.
    Too bad someone stole it.

2. Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town.
    A great game that really get you addicted to it.

3. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    A really good game, And I also love Legend of Zelda Games.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
    5. Fire Emblem

mugenhavok

Back after a 2 year brake
    Years
  • top 5 gba games
    -----------------
    5.Beyblade G-revolution
    4.Sigma:Star Saga
    3.Pokemon Emerald
    2.Dragonball GT Transformations
    1.MegaMan Battle Network -CyberBeast Falza/Gregor

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Top 5 is a bit hard to choose, but I'll try to choose 5.

5. Boktai: The sun is in your hand
    I just love this game, especially the solar panel and the different lens for the gun del, but they ruined it in number 2.

4. Final Fantasy Tactics
    I love the way this game is made, however the problem with this is that your Black mages tend to fall behind in levels due to movement limits and speed.

3. Megaman BN6: Cyber Beat Falzar
    A great game but it's a shame that they removed so many features in the English versions, especially the minimap and Boktai reference. But at least Bass is still in it.

2. Megaman BN2
    Simply the best game in the series, especially the different forms and many of my favorite navis are in it, however I find it strange that in BN3 Megaman doesn't know who Bass in when he fought him in BN2 and Sean is still in it. But number 2 was still great not in graphics but in game play.

1. Golden Sun/The Lost Age
    Does this even need an explanation?

Back