• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mystery PKMN Title- Speculation

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I'd like to think that it's the next console game, much in the vein of Colosseum or Battle Revolution. Though, I have seen some people suggest that maybe they're just showcasing two Pokemon that will be in the new Super Smash Bros.

It definitely could be SSB.

OR, they could be making a Pokemon fighting game. How cool would that be!?

I'd be much more interested in that than another Stadium/Coliseum.

I have to agree with you on that. Even open arena fighters like DBZ or Naruto aren't positioned like that, It defiantly looks like their set up for a battle. Although I could always be wrong.

Who's to say that this would be the only view in the game? :/... You can't really determine that from a few seconds. Clearly they weren't showing the actual camera angles, even Pokemon X&Y have a more dynamic camera than what was shown.

I wouldn't count out the idea of a fighting game or SSB so quickly based on camera angles alone.

Years
    It definitely could be SSB.

OR, they could be making a Pokemon fighting game. How cool would that be!?

I'd be much more interested in that than another Stadium/Coliseum.

Who's to say that this would be the only view in the game? :/... You can't really determine that from a few seconds. Clearly they weren't showing the actual camera angles, even Pokemon X&Y have a more dynamic camera than what was shown.

I wouldn't count out the idea of a fighting game or SSB so quickly based on camera angles alone.

Yea but i dont really see a fighting game as something that nintendo would do (especially for their first game on Wii U, not counting rumble), although they have surprised us before

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    My money is on it being a Stadium type game since the background looks really decorative like Revolution but it could be a battle sequence of a Pokemon XD type of game. If that's the case I would have imagine they would show the free roam aspect which those games are known for instead.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    If something like that was desired, newest Tekken or Street Fighter would have it before Pokemon.
    Face it, Pokemon doesn't make trends in fighting games :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    There's rumors it's a Pokemon fighting game called either Pokkén Fighters or Pokkén Tournament. I know this says GameFreak trademarked those names already sometime back, though I'm waiting for official news to be revealed before getting excited over it. It sounds like an interesting concept though. A Pokemon fighting game similar to Tekken and Street Fighters. I'm not the type who likes fighting games, but I'm still intrigued to hear what it could be and if it's confirmed, I'd go out and buy a fighting game for once. Deep down I'm still hoping for a Colosseum/XD or Stadium/Battle Revolution type game though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There's rumors it's a Pokemon fighting game called either Pokkén Fighters or Pokkén Tournament. I know this says GameFreak trademarked those names already sometime back, though I'm waiting for official news to be revealed before getting excited over it. It sounds like an interesting concept though. A Pokemon fighting game similar to Tekken and Street Fighters. I'm not the type who likes fighting games, but I'm still intrigued to hear what it could be and if it's confirmed, I'd go out and buy a fighting game for once. Deep down I'm still hoping for a Colosseum/XD or Stadium/Battle Revolution type game though.

Gamefreak did not trademark Pokken Fighter or Pokken Tournament. TPC was the one that Trademarked the name meaning this new game is another spin off.

It has been uncovered by Siliconera that The Pokémon Company has recently filed for two trademarks in the United States. These trademarks are for the titles Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament. It is currently unknown to what these trademarks pertain, but they could be anything from a line of merchandise to a new game, possibly the one shown at the Pokémon Game Show. We'll provide details as and when they come
    Edit @ 13:42; It has also been found on the Japanese trademark database under the name ポッ拳.

For me it does look like a fighting game. It would be kinda disappointing if it is since they'll most likely use Pokemon they see as popular and leave the roster fairly small.

Years
    I have a feeling this might be a PokemonxTekken crossover. As bizarre as it may sound, the name Pokken Tournament can't be coincidence, can it?

If this is indeed the case, I am very excited since I am a huge Fighting game fan. That is, assuming NamcoBandai makes it. And I don't see why they wouldn't.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    False alarm, TPC revealed that image as just conceptional and nothing about a fighting game: https://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/...s-pokemon-wii-u-images-are-merely-conceptual/

As for the trademark titles, Hiro said they're for the English version of Pokemon Rumble U when he said "Pokken Tournament" is the name for a Wii U game and "Pokken Fighters" is the name for the Pokemon Rumble figures.
    So what about the Japanese trademark? They also trademarked it there...

Years
    I'd like to think that it's the next console game, much in the vein of Colosseum or Battle Revolution. Though, I have seen some people suggest that maybe they're just showcasing two Pokemon that will be in the new Super Smash Bros.

God, I hope so. And to be honest I'd be ok with it being SSBM, but a nice new console game with Gens 5-6 would be pretty neat.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    False alarm, TPC revealed that image as just conceptional and nothing about a fighting game: https://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/...s-pokemon-wii-u-images-are-merely-conceptual/

As for the trademark titles, Hiro said they're for the English version of Pokemon Rumble U when he said "Pokken Tournament" is the name for a Wii U game and "Pokken Fighters" is the name for the Pokemon Rumble figures.

Except its called Pokemon Rumble U here in America. Why would they Trademark a name for a game to release in 9 days something different when they have already released the title artwork and have started selling the product under a different name?

Pokemon Rumble U

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament don't seem to have anything to do with Pokemon Rumble U.

While the images may be conceptual, then again they may not be, we still have a Wii U game being deveolped by the looks of it. A name was trademarked that Nintendo will not make a comment on, so we know there is a game coming by these things.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Hiro has also been lying recently trying to stay famous. Anyway there is no way it's a concept image, they are trying to trick us most likely since it's announcement is so far from now.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    It's interesting that the characters shown are the same as the ones in Pokemon: Type Wild, a fanmade game made by a former anime artist.

...oh, what's that? Official source says otherwise? Nevermind.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Except its called Pokemon Rumble U here in America. Why would they Trademark a name for a game to release in 9 days something different when they have already released the title artwork and have started selling the product under a different name?

Pokemon Rumble U

Pokken Fighters and Pokken Tournament don't seem to have anything to do with Pokemon Rumble U.

While the images may be conceptual, then again they may not be, we still have a Wii U game being deveolped by the looks of it. A name was trademarked that Nintendo will not make a comment on, so we know there is a game coming by these things.
    This. Along with the fact that it's Pokemon Rumble U here, there's also the fact that this new title was also trademarked in Japan which doesn't add up with this supposed news. Also if the images are conceptual it means they are at least an idea of what may be to come.

Years
    God, I hope so. And to be honest I'd be ok with it being SSBM, but a nice new console game with Gens 5-6 would be pretty neat.

A agree completely, this is something that can help sell the Wii U if we get a good console pokemon rpg and it gets received well it can really help the wii u's case.

Back