• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen " Name all your Shinies in D/P" thread!

How Many Shinies Do You Have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ya it is

its usually kindof a goldish though but whatever

i saw a shiny starly today but had nothing on me to catch it with

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Well, yesterday at about 7:48 PM, I encountered a shiny Dialga! I had been soft resetting for only six days. I had a Modest Synchronize 'Kazam at the front, and I was fully prepared to catch it in a Premier Ball. I did, too.

My next targets are with the PokeRadar. I'm not going to say who they are, though! ;)

Edit: Oh, yeah, I'm also going to begin soft resetting for Turtwig more. Wish me luck.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I was chaining Surskit at lake verity and geuss what broke my chain...nothing other then a level 4 staravia O_O I didnt even know they were there and apparently neither does the pokedex because it says its not there. But I caught it the idea of a level 4 staravia is sweet

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I was heading over to Wayward Cave in my Pearl to get a Bronzor (its Pokedex is a bit behind in the "owned" department) and I ran into a Shiny Geodude. I couldn't help but voice my surprise, even though nobody was around :P .Of course I caught it, and I'll probably evolve it into a Golem as well.

(side note: the next Pokemon I ran into was right in front of the cave entrance: Bronzor XP)

Oh yeah, the Geodude was also holding an Everstone.

Last edited:

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • All these stories are just pure luck to me! The luck of the Irish, ye say?

Should I clone my shiny Latias? I'm scared someone will take it.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2007
    So does that mean that if I post a video of a nose exploding due to spontaneous combustion, you would believe it to be true? And your testimonial means absolutely nothing. The declining amount of competence in people these days is quite shocking...

There is no mathematical proof in the games coding that the PokeRadar upps the chances of finding a shiny. It stays the traditional 1/8192. If you haven't noticed, the PokeRadar basically forces you to encounter 3-4 Pokemon at once at light speed; it's like triple soft resetting extremely fast on one game.

I've had quite a bit of shiny luck. All of my shinies can be seen in my sig, and you'll find me in the SHC most of the time, like MetalMario. It's quite late, and I want to soft reset, so I will refrain from posting any shiny stories. Basically, from the 4th generation, I have obtained a shiny Infernape (as a Chimchar), and a shiny Drifblim (as a Drifloon), both by soft resetting, both on Diamond. I am now soft resetting for a shiny Dialga on Diamond and a shiny Turtwig on Pearl. Wish me luck.

I agree with you on people saying that just becasue theres videos that its true is wrong. (If that made any sense :P) Anyways what im trying to say is just as there is no proof for it, ther is no proof against it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I've found a whopping...two shinies, INCLUDING the Red Gyrados from GSC.

What's the other shiny?

Raticate.

An Adamant Raticate near Stark Mountain.

I now say that Raticate needs an evolution. Vote Eradifang for next gen!

'cate needs the elemental fangs anyways. >_____>;

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I've found a whopping...two shinies, INCLUDING the Red Gyrados from GSC.

What's the other shiny?

Raticate.

An Adamant Raticate near Stark Mountain.

I now say that Raticate needs an evolution. Vote Eradifang for next gen!

'cate needs the elemental fangs anyways. >_____>;
    Nice names. I no longer have any shinies, was going to clone my Shiny LATIAS and someone took it. :(

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • I have three shinies... all traded.

1.) Shiny Ponyta (gift from a friend; I wasn't even expecting it)

2.) Shiny Japanese Cresselia (traded for a Mewtwo... not sure if it's hacked, but I don't think so)

3.) Shiny Kyogre (pal parked, but this one has an interesting story... a friend of mine here [who doesn't come around anymore, sadly] and I did a long-distance trade; as in, he mailed me his Ruby version, and I traded with my Emerald, then sent it back. In return I gave him a few pokes infected with Pokerus. I always told him it'd make an interesting story one day!)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I have three shinies... all traded.

1.) Shiny Ponyta (gift from a friend; I wasn't even expecting it)

2.) Shiny Japanese Cresselia (traded for a Mewtwo... not sure if it's hacked, but I don't think so)

3.) Shiny Kyogre (pal parked, but this one has an interesting story... a friend of mine here [who doesn't come around anymore, sadly] and I did a long-distance trade; as in, he mailed me his Ruby version, and I traded with my Emerald, then sent it back. In return I gave him a few pokes infected with Pokerus. I always told him it'd make an interesting story one day!)
    I knew your name sounded familaiar I finally found you!

I am chaining eevee

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • I've got but one shiny on D/P.

Mewtwo... Okay not really.

I've got a shin Fearow I recieved in a trade, and it was a great deal. :]

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I knew your name sounded familaiar I finally found you!

I am chaining eevee
    Hello, don't post offtopic messages like that please. It would be appropriate if you were chaing a shiny eevee but this is to discuss about your shinies not normal pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2007
    I got 2 shinys...all from the wild
    Seedot, now shiftry
    and zubat found 2 weeks ago by my friend

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Everyone, please remember the rules of this thread on the first post of this thread. Some people have been caught with being offtopic.

Years
  • Ummm... do I know you? haha
    Leave that to PM. That's where it belongs.
    Everyone, please remember the rules of this thread on the first post of this thread. Some people have been caught with being offtopic.

You aren't doing much better, you know. What does mini-modding have to do with the topic? ;p

I don't have any shinies. It'd be nice, but it's not a necessity.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Hello, don't post offtopic messages like that please. It would be appropriate if you were chaing a shiny eevee but this is to discuss about your shinies not normal pokemon.

I meant chaining for a shiny eevee mister mini mod ^_^

And I never got the Eevee but now I am going for a shiny Shinx with my level 57 Raichu in front ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back