• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen " Name all your Shinies in D/P" thread!

How Many Shinies Do You Have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Well geez, let's just about my 493 shinies blah blah I spent 30 minutes getting them blah blah. [/sarcasm]
    Hey JoyRide, are you flipping serious? o.o I need to start doing some major chaining then if they are that easy...Is it just anytime or do you have to chain like 40+? I only get under 20 in a row... Gah. Still looking for that shiny Nidoran Male and it's been passed an hour. <_>
    Its a lot easier on swarming pokemon.... A LOT I got a 40 chain on snubble my 3rd try and yes it is that easy the only hard part is getting a 40 chain

I have a castform chain in the mansion *chains* current chain is 2 =-o

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I found a Level 3 Shiny Starly when EV training my Snorlax in Route 201. That area has a bunch of Bidoof which can give my Snorlax 4 HP EVs because of Macho Brace and Pokerus. Finding that Shiny Starly was just pure luck.
    That was pure luck! Good going.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    How do ya make so big chains? My biggest was 6!oÓ
    And when comes the shiny?

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    I just got 2 ponyta's using the pokeradar, I got up to a chain of 40, it was awesome, I am now hunting for duskull!

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Please don't spam like that in this thread. If you do one more time I will have to report you. Visit the first post on this thread to look at the rules, thanks.

Years
  • Please don't spam like that in this thread. If you do one more time I will have to report you. Visit the first post on this thread to look at the rules, thanks.
    And this post down here wasn't? It's about the same thing, except the other guy actually had the shiny.
    That was pure luck! Good going.
    Unless you meant another post, in which case, it would've been nice if you'd pointed it out and reported it.

Oh, btw, I see a double post of yours too. Don't do that. *goes to merge it* :x

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • what the hell are you talking about, there is a video proven. Also this works because I got a shiny Gligar on my second try

:t354:tatsujin gosuto
    So does that mean that if I post a video of a nose exploding due to spontaneous combustion, you would believe it to be true? And your testimonial means absolutely nothing. The declining amount of competence in people these days is quite shocking...

There is no mathematical proof in the games coding that the PokeRadar upps the chances of finding a shiny. It stays the traditional 1/8192. If you haven't noticed, the PokeRadar basically forces you to encounter 3-4 Pokemon at once at light speed; it's like triple soft resetting extremely fast on one game.

I've had quite a bit of shiny luck. All of my shinies can be seen in my sig, and you'll find me in the SHC most of the time, like MetalMario. It's quite late, and I want to soft reset, so I will refrain from posting any shiny stories. Basically, from the 4th generation, I have obtained a shiny Infernape (as a Chimchar), and a shiny Drifblim (as a Drifloon), both by soft resetting, both on Diamond. I am now soft resetting for a shiny Dialga on Diamond and a shiny Turtwig on Pearl. Wish me luck.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Thanks for the reminders Nayana.

I have no longer any shinies. My shiny Palkia was hacked off the GTS and I was going to clone it and it got traded so fast. It aws a hack anyways.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    So does that mean that if I post a video of a nose exploding due to spontaneous combustion, you would believe it to be true? And your testimonial means absolutely nothing. The declining amount of competence in people these days is quite shocking...

There is no mathematical proof in the games coding that the PokeRadar upps the chances of finding a shiny. It stays the traditional 1/8192. If you haven't noticed, the PokeRadar basically forces you to encounter 3-4 Pokemon at once at light speed; it's like triple soft resetting extremely fast on one game.

There is no mathematical proof because no-one has checked the coding yet!, when they do, the radar will change the odds. And as I say later, It doesn't stay the traditional 1/8192 as I got 2 shinys in less then 1 min apart, the odds of that occurring using your shiny hunting method is 1/67108864 which is very unlikely to happen, plus you don't fully know how to use the radar do you, you choose ONE of the bushes, and keep getting the same one, you'll eventually get to 40, and I guarentee you, you will get a shiny if you radar reset a couple of times.

I've had quite a bit of shiny luck. All of my shinies can be seen in my sig, and you'll find me in the SHC most of the time, like MetalMario. It's quite late, and I want to soft reset, so I will refrain from posting any shiny stories. Basically, from the 4th generation, I have obtained a shiny Infernape (as a Chimchar), and a shiny Drifblim (as a Drifloon), both by soft resetting, both on Diamond. I am now soft resetting for a shiny Dialga on Diamond and a shiny Turtwig on Pearl. Wish me luck.

It does work, FuFu, and don't say it's a coincidence that I found 2 shiny ponyta's when I was chaining them, I got to 40, did some radar reseting and I got 2 shiny's and I'll be happy to prove to you that it works, I'll record myself searching for a shiny using the pokeradar and upload it on you tube (Although it'll be like a 1 hour long movie as it takes time aswell as SR does, but the pokeradar has a more of a guarentee)

Shining Lericon

Postcount isn't everything
    Years
  • Well, I have four shinies in D/P. First off, I have a Spinda, Pidgeot, and Manectric that I transferred over from Emerald (Pidgeot originally caught in FR). And just hours ago, I got a shiny Luxio (obtained as a Shinx) over GTS. I traded my legit Celebi (I cloned it, mind you!) in exchange for the Shinx.

Ftkatyowser

~I Love (Provolone) CHEESE~
    Years
  • I only own one shiny- A shiny Blaziken, which for some random reason, was a shiny Torchic when I started my new Sapphire game. I haven't had the luck of finding another one....

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Ftkatyowser, that's lucky for you to have obtained a shiny starter =P I want a shiny Torchic XD... I'll have to port over all my good Pokemon and start up a new game I guess... then again I was trying to get a shiny Bulbasaur on my Fire Red... so I dunno what will happen, but I don't know why I want one... I just do XD.

(and before anyone says it, yes, I'm aware I can breed Blaziken and ect. but I want to go through the game with a Shiny starter.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2008
    I don't have ANY and I have NEVER EVER in Ay of the pokemon games had one.

I'm so unlucky

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back