• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
I just found this hack and I love it. I'm glad you aren't changing difficulty by drastically raising levels.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Can't wait for this!!! Will there be a chance that IVs of pokemons are displayed in stat screen?

ElijahCabugao

Metagross's Metagrossite is reacting to Elijah's M
Years
Abilities: Yes.
Cries: No. In fact, I should admit now that non-megas don't have their updated cries either. The reason for this is that I found out from Spherical that the high quality cries took a lot of space in Gaia :/ Lower quality would take less space, but I'm not really sold on doing low quality cries. I may add them later, but at the moment, I'm not going to add new ones.

Yeah, that will be a cool feature if you add high quality mega cries in your future updates...anyways good luck... I think this will be a very good firered hack...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
This looks absolutely excellent. Only question I have is whether or not you'll release .inis for it to be compatible with tools? Specifically the Universal Randomiser, but also anything else notable.

And am I able to second Pokemon Firered+ as a name choice? It's concise and to the point - who cares if it sounds similar to Red++?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Anyone have a strong opinion on footprints? I was going to add them all until I realized that there are no foot prints for Gen VI pokemon since it was done away with. So I can
1) Take out footprints completely
2) Use footprints for gen I - V pokemon where they look correct
3) Make Gen VI footprints
I'll start by saying there is virtually zero chance of 3 happening. I'm leaning towards 1 since that matches the regular game format, and also doesn't force me to create "fake" footprints. Unless someone has some compelling argument against it. Does anyone even care about footprints?
Good answer. If you got the Surfing Pikachu from Pokemon Stadium, it was done in a move-tutor way. I would love a way to get a Surfing Pichu egg, but that seems like too much to ask for. Besides, if it's a special move tutor, you may be able to get more than one depending on your plans.
In general, all tutors should be renewable. Perhaps not free, but renewable. That entire model of one TM per save, 1 move tutor per save etc - Pokemon seems to have moved away from it, and I think its particularly pointless in a ROM Hack.
I just found this hack and I love it. I'm glad you aren't changing difficulty by drastically raising levels.
Can't wait for this!!! Will there be a chance that IVs of pokemons are displayed in stat screen?
I could, I guess. Would an IV grader not be enough? :(
Yeah, that will be a cool feature if you add high quality mega cries in your future updates...anyways good luck... I think this will be a very good firered hack...
Yeah, you're right. But it isn't that I don't want to do it, its just that there are other things that I think I'd prefer and I have to prioritize. To put it in perspective, Spherical said that adding new (high quality) cries took almost 8 mb, which is 1/4th the size of even an expanded ROM. I may do it eventually, but we'll have to see…
This looks absolutely excellent. Only question I have is whether or not you'll release .inis for it to be compatible with tools? Specifically the Universal Randomiser, but also anything else notable.

And am I able to second Pokemon Firered+ as a name choice? It's concise and to the point - who cares if it sounds similar to Red++?
Thanks :) Ummm I'm not sure. Because I don't know how the Universal Randomiser works on a byte level. You could try, but it seems reeeally unlikely, sorry.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
honestly just release a beta pls dont really care about niceties like high quality cries or footprints lol

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 10, 2022
honestly just release a beta pls dont really care about niceties like high quality cries or footprints lol

Just be patient. Don't rush things. Good things come to those who wait. Don't complain because something in our culture of instant gratification requires waiting a bit.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Footprints could be nice, but if there's no good way to implement them then okay, get rid of them.
And for other guys - please stop giving horrible and unoriginal hack names, it hurts when i read another "name it Fire Red Advanced, or plus, or [Put here another hack name that was used 10000 times]". Don't do it.

And "Nameless Fire Red" is actualy a neat name, btw.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
Just be patient. Don't rush things. Good things come to those who wait. Don't complain because something in our culture of instant gratification requires waiting a bit.

our culture is also obsessed with fancy graphics, which i certainly do not identify with.

as you can see from replies above nobody cares about footprint simple, its just another tedious chore that adds to the wait for no point. People care more about gameplay than random aesthetic niceties that only less than 5% of playerbase would notice and appreciate, and from what i gathered the hack is almost done other than those random aesthetic niceties.

Last edited:
Years
Anyone have a strong opinion on footprints? I was going to add them all until I realized that there are no foot prints for Gen VI pokemon since it was done away with. So I can
The second option sounds better to me. Actually not much people cares about footprints but, on the other hand, the details makes the game more "complete". We can wait if you want to polish your hack a little more.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
I suggest to just take out footprints completely. I believe most of the players don't have time to look at these footprints. What's important is the features and storyline.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
I'll start by saying there is virtually zero chance of 3 happening. I'm leaning towards 1 since that matches the regular game format, and also doesn't force me to create "fake" footprints. Unless someone has some compelling argument against it. Does anyone even care about footprints?

Try and get in touch with Epsilon, the guy behind the developing Artificial Red ROMbase. He doesn't seem particularly keen to help out other hackers, but hey, you might be lucky. He's implemented footprints (that he made himself, I think?) AND cries for all Pokemon, gen I through VI. He might be able to share some of his work with you?

Baadar

I'm nothing...
Years
Hello, first let me say that this game seems to be pretty amazing, the amount of features is just crazy. Second, I was wondering... Is fairy type implemented?? I assume it is since this goes to GenVI... However you didn't mention it and I can't see a hint in any of the pictures... So is there Fairy type Pokémon?? I do hope so xD

The ???

The one true question mark
Years
  • Age 27
  • ???
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Kill off footprints for the better but maybe wait before doing it. That's low priority stuff anyway.

Oh and please have IV stat judge and not the info in display screen please. I like the mystery and it will be better if the judge will be accessible post league.
Love Zoroark and Aegislash stuff. Keep up the good work man! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I forgot to subscribe to my own thread. Also, it has taken me a lot longer to do the final touches on this than I expected due to a lack of free time, but oh well. Item images in, hidden grotto pokemon & other random overworlds in, dex entries are complete, size comparisons mostly done. I'm currently tweaking trainer levels and squashing random bugs.
Hello, first let me say that this game seems to be pretty amazing, the amount of features is just crazy. Second, I was wondering... Is fairy type implemented?? I assume it is since this goes to GenVI... However you didn't mention it and I can't see a hint in any of the pictures... So is there Fairy type Pokémon?? I do hope so xD
http://i.imgur.com/UWeY6GQ.png It is in :)
Kill off footprints for the better but maybe wait before doing it. That's low priority stuff anyway.

Oh and please have IV stat judge and not the info in display screen please. I like the mystery and it will be better if the judge will be accessible post league.
Love Zoroark and Aegislash stuff. Keep up the good work man! :)
I've found, for me at least, that although having IVs on the stat screen seems useful in theory, in practice it only serves to annoy me when I see a bad IV and be indifferent when I see a good one. That's why I personally prefer the judge format.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Woooooo, Gen VII is official. So azurile, are you planning on adding the Gen 7 mons after the games release, or is this project strictly a 721 deal?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Woooooo, Gen VII is official. So azurile, are you planning on adding the Gen 7 mons after the games release, or is this project strictly a 721 deal?
I don't really know. This was never designed to be a 721 hack to begin with. It sort of incidentally happened because once you make the jump past 386, going up to 721 really isn't much harder beyond the tedious data entry factor. I decided to toss them all into this because I realized that between grottos, swarms, diving, and honey trees, I'd be able to fit them without the game feeling too crowded, an issue that I think a number of hacks suffer from because the only way they make the game "diverse" is by adding like five new species to the grass of every route.

Also, even if I did decide to add in Gen VII pokemon, if it is anything like Gen VI, the biggest constraint is spriting. Over the years, Pokemon designs have gotten more and more involved. It may look nicer, but it can't be easy to create their 64x64 sprites from scratch. Look at the megas in MrDollSteak's thread. It still isn't complete because there aren't many people who have the skill, time, and willingness to help out. I know that I certainly wouldn't be able to sprite Megas (or regular Pokemon to be honest) in any passable fashion.

Back