• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
My diggersby has cheek pouch ability, but it picks up berry while walking.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Even just the single battle would be enough. Or include trading maybe. I hope you'll work on this :(
Yeah it'll be easy to add those rooms back in. The only reason those rooms were "removed" is they happen to be in the first map bank, and I didn't initially intend to support multiplayer, so I didn't bother to leave them in.
see someone just found a bug that you couldn't find in "3 years"
told ya.
anyway nice to see it finally released.
Eh, to be fair it was something that I said probably wouldn't work every single time it was brought up. But yes, there are still bugs, just like I said there would be. Imagine how many more there would be, though.
The wireless adapter multiplayer actually works. I also modified some scripts to make the "normal" multiplayer work (the right side NPC). It works now :) THIS IS THE BEST HACK EVERRRRR
I'll fix it so no one else needs to jump through these hoops for something like that, lol.
whoa, awesome. i'll be sure to play this asap
Thank you!
Congratulations on the release man! From what I've played so far, I can pretty confidently say that it's a fantastic hack. If you don't mind my asking though, I have a couple of questions

First, are we awarded the National Dex at the start? Or is it a Regional Dex? And if it is the National Dex, why is it numbered so... oddly?

And second, are you planning on/do you have .ini files to make this compatible with hacking tools/randomisers? To me at least the only thing that could make this hack even greater (shy of 100% completion ahah) is the infinite replayability afforded by a randomised or customised run.
You receive a custom regional dex at the start. The 721 Pokemon national dex is received after beating the Elite Four.

Hard to imagine being able to use a hacking tool with this. For example, it would be literally impossible to open and edit this in any meaningful way with PGE/D&D/G3HS or Hopeless Trainer Editor/Unnamed Trainer Editor because the data is read in a different way.
What info does a randomizer need? I'm guessing that won't work either, but I've never used one.
I find special sellers in pokemarket..are they available in this version?
Yes. I'm assuming you're talking about Viridian City and Pewter City? They'll be able to sell things later on in the game.
I still don't know what happened but...
Rocket Grunt's Croagunk in Cerulean City did something weird - He used something (i don't remember what was that, maybe pursuit?) when i tried to switch out my Roselia. After that Croagunk "played" his own switch-out animation, and switched into... Francis, my Roselia but with Croagunk's moveset. When i killed this "fake" Roselia (i noticed that after first KO, he was still alive with 0 HP, if that matters), my Francis was dead.
That's really odd. Yeah I was able to replicate that. Looks like it has something to do with Pursuit, but I haven't even touched Pursuit… so I'll have to look in to that. Btw if you're using it, you can just turn off the Permadeath and you'll be able to bring your Francis back to life. You obviously shouldn't be punished for a bug. Thanks for the report!
I noticed that the poison effect outside of battle isn't working.
Not a bug. I removed it to match Gen VI.
Incredible work. How many features are still yet to be implemented?
After fixing initial bugs, the next thing I want to do is a Battle Frontier.
My diggersby has cheek pouch ability, but it picks up berry while walking.
Not a bug either :)

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Your regional Pokédex is pretty darn clever!

Just one problem on my end: I tried teaching Wild Charge to an Ampharos and my game crashed. This was on a patched FireRed (U) (Squirrels) ROM, by the way.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
Your regional Pokédex is pretty darn clever!

Just one problem on my end: I tried teaching Wild Charge to an Ampharos and my game crashed. This was on a patched FireRed (U) (Squirrels) ROM, by the way.
Thanks!
And I found the Wild Charge derp pretty easily. I uploaded a new patch that should have it fixed. Let me know if it still breaks.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Hard to imagine being able to use a hacking tool with this. For example, it would be literally impossible to open and edit this in any meaningful way with PGE/D&D/G3HS or Hopeless Trainer Editor/Unnamed Trainer Editor because the data is read in a different way.
What info does a randomizer need? I'm guessing that won't work either, but I've never used one.

Differs from randomiser to randomiser, but I'll try and get in touch with the guy who made the Universal Randomiser and see what his would need to make it go.

And it's a shame that it won't work with any tools. I was really looking forward to making my own roster and distribution tweaks. Hell, I was even dreaming of adding a couple of canon routes to Mt Silver. Guess I'll have to git gude and start on my own Nameless FireRed Project ahah

And while I'm here, if you're open to criticism: it really bothers me that the berry trees look no different from normal trees. Is that just because there were no good generic berry tree tiles around, or a conscious decision?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Is it normal that the game after patched is an odd ~21MB instead of the normal 32? And the only thing that plays this game so far is VBA... GPSP and my 3DS's VC didn't get passed the 3 blue instruction screens, it just hung at a black screen. Maybe it's the rom(s) I used?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2016
I still don't know what happened but...
Rocket Grunt's Croagunk in Cerulean City did something weird - He used something (i don't remember what was that, maybe pursuit?) when i tried to switch out my Roselia. After that Croagunk "played" his own switch-out animation, and switched into... Francis, my Roselia but with Croagunk's moveset. When i killed this "fake" Roselia (i noticed that after first KO, he was still alive with 0 HP, if that matters), my Francis was dead.
Quoting again to let everyone know that I tracked down the problem with Pursuit and it is fixed for the next patch. It isn't a simple byte change like with Wild Charge - it requires recompiling - so I'll release it with a few other things later on.
Differs from randomiser to randomiser, but I'll try and get in touch with the guy who made the Universal Randomiser and see what his would need to make it go.

And it's a shame that it won't work with any tools. I was really looking forward to making my own roster and distribution tweaks. Hell, I was even dreaming of adding a couple of canon routes to Mt Silver. Guess I'll have to git gude and start on my own Nameless FireRed Project ahah

And while I'm here, if you're open to criticism: it really bothers me that the berry trees look no different from normal trees. Is that just because there were no good generic berry tree tiles around, or a conscious decision?
Yeah, it really wasn't something I was too concerned about, especially because I wanted to redo the tiles for real later on, so I just used trees already in the game. That's also why the Honey Trees look the same as normal trees. I'm not against adding custom trees - just very low on my priority list.
Is it normal that the game after patched is an odd ~21MB instead of the normal 32? And the only thing that plays this game so far is VBA... GPSP and my 3DS's VC didn't get passed the 3 blue instruction screens, it just hung at a black screen. Maybe it's the rom(s) I used?
Yeah the 21MB thing is correct - 32 isn't a requirement by any means. I'm not really familiar with those emulators. Do they support battery saves, real time clock, roms bigger than 16 mb, and everything else in the README? Anyways, since VBA works fine, just stick to that.

The OP now has a bugs list. Please continue to report anything not on the list, everyone.

I also got a PM from someone commenting on the difficulty level - particularly the gym leaders. They are definitely meant to be significantly harder than than other trainers, but they weren't meant to force you to grind or anything like that. The beginner level is meant to be barely more difficult than the regular FireRed game, and when I played it, I thought it was on that difficulty level, but maybe it was just easier for me because of how instinctively familiar I was with the gym leader's teams. Is anyone finding even the beginner difficulty to be harder than you'd like?

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
where i can get mega bracelet?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 30, 2018

I also can't get passed the 3 blue instruction screens on my ds lite (m3 ds real). Right where Oak is supposed to show up. Anyone find a solution?

I would like to play this on the go instead of at home

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
the rival's gardevoir Wish is crashing the game(game got stuck when it suppose to heal her),making me unable to finish hes LAST POKEMON D:<

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
the rival's gardevoir Wish is crashing the game(game got stuck when it suppose to heal her),making me unable to finish hes LAST POKEMON D:<

try using pokemon with higher speed and use some poison moves to prevent that temporary.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2018
and,i cant seem to find mega stones anywhere,finished the league and the sevii quest

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019

I also experienced that. Wish seems to be not working properly. It doesn't heal (when my enemy uses it, my pokemon will get 0 hp the next turn but will just refresh right away and go back to the original hp). If the pokemon that used wish died after using wish, the game will freeze. I also found this bug:
http://imgur.com/QYFm1nj
This trainer when battled will show the battle sprite of archie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
Bugs:
1. Spiky shield can be spammed (no limit).
2. Fusion flare restarts the game.

Last edited:

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
- hm08 dive were u go to tanoby ruins
- idk what is hm06?
- Where i can get mega stones?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2019
I calculated a lot of different pokemon's IVs. Almost all of them have out of range stats. Did you modify their stats or is this a bug?

Back