• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Are hidden abilites placed in as a 3rd ability, as they are in Drayano hacks? Or are they only availible trough special circumstances?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    where i can get mega bracelet?
    There is zero chance of you missing it :)
    I also can't get passed the 3 blue instruction screens on my ds lite (m3 ds real). Right where Oak is supposed to show up. Anyone find a solution?

I would like to play this on the go instead of at home
    Hmm…never heard of using that. Is there some site on the m3 ds real (I'm having difficulty googling it). Most importantly, does it support things like 32mb ROMs and a real time clock? Because I'm not really sure what I could have done that would have broken off support for that.
    Where can I get eevee?
    Gift :) Or breed an eevelution.
    the rival's gardevoir Wish is crashing the game(game got stuck when it suppose to heal her),making me unable to finish hes LAST POKEMON D:<
    Ahh I made a last minute change to that. Fixed for the next patch!
    i dunno if it's been reported but dying to dragon tail does this https://r.kyaa.sg/yycwmh.png
    Yeah, I'll have a look at the script for that. I'm guessing it was written before people had a better understanding of battle scripting, and I assumed it worked so I didn't test it thoroughly.
    and,i cant seem to find mega stones anywhere,finished the league and the sevii quest
    Read the README :D
    I also experienced that. Wish seems to be not working properly. It doesn't heal (when my enemy uses it, my pokemon will get 0 hp the next turn but will just refresh right away and go back to the original hp). If the pokemon that used wish died after using wish, the game will freeze. I also found this bug:
    http://imgur.com/QYFm1nj
    This trainer when battled will show the battle sprite of archie.
    Let Archie be Archie. He can dress however he wants to dress.
    Bugs:
    1. Spiky shield can be spammed (no limit).
    2. Fusion flare restarts the game.
    Fusion Flare's animation was pointing at a move description. Oops.
    Will check on Spiky Shield, thanks.
    - hm08 dive were u go to tanoby ruins
    - idk what is hm06?
    - Where i can get mega stones?
    Yep, that's where Dive should be.
    HM06 cannot be obtained, should have mentioned that.
    I calculated a lot of different pokemon's IVs. Almost all of them have out of range stats. Did you modify their stats or is this a bug?
    I think I found the source of this, assuming you're playing on a difficulty other than beginner.
    You caught Pokemon with EVs and though I wiped them when they directly enter your party, I missed the hook for when they go to the PC.
    still with mega stones mystery,anyone?
    Are hidden abilites placed in as a 3rd ability, as they are in Drayano hacks? Or are they only availible trough special circumstances?
    They're a third ability and can be found with README.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    So going by what I found, does this mean that Protean Froakie is unobtainable (that is, unless there is an event for it scheduled sometime down the line)?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    So going by what I found, does this mean that Protean Froakie is unobtainable (that is, unless there is an event for it scheduled sometime down the line)?
    Unless I made a mistake (which is very much possible), every Pokemon is obtainable with every ability they can have in Gen VI excluding some legendary specific abilities like Dark Void. Protean Froakie is for sure available - I just haven't released where anything can be found yet. I'm in the process of making a list. Protean Froakie line in specific can be found either after Sabrina or all the way after you beat the Elite Four the second time, depending on your starter.

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Apologies if this has been reported already, but... it seems I can't nickname a Pokemon that I've already caught before. The "Yes/No" option doesn't come up after asking me if I want to nickname it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Apologies if this has been reported already, but... it seems I can't nickname a Pokemon that I've already caught before. The "Yes/No" option doesn't come up after asking me if I want to nickname it.
    Nope, not reported, thanks!

Btw everyone, a list of all known bugs is now in the OP.
    If it isn't on the list, it hasn't been reported.
    I appreciate any reports no matter how small.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    yeah just got a pidgeotite,dont u think its abit too random? i mean,people will want a specific stone and it gets kinda grindy...
    hidden grottos are so hard to find,can u make them barely more visible? not too obvious tho,and could u tell me the spawn rate of things inside these grottos?(steps req,time?)and what about the landorus\thunderus\other one fromes? kanto starterssss??

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    yeah just got a pidgeotite,dont u think its abit too random? i mean,people will want a specific stone and it gets kinda grindy...
    hidden grottos are so hard to find,can u make them barely more visible? not too obvious tho,and could u tell me the spawn rate of things inside these grottos?(steps req,time?)and what about the landorus\thunderus\other one fromes? kanto starterssss??
    They have a 1/8 chance of spawning a mega stone, and the general spawning rate is the same as Unova. But on the spawning rate, I'll probably add an item that increases the spawn rate (like the Oval Charm). Also, they spawn randomly, but it isn't that hard to collect all the mega stones because there's a set of flags keeping track of which stones spawn, so you're not gonna spawn 5 pidgeotites in a row or anything. Kanto starters are in a grotto. Btw Pokemon spawn significantly more frequently in grottos after you defeat the E4 a second time.

EDIT: if you'd like a spoiler on grotto locations, the specific maps are:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    and about making them abit more visible? like a bolder shadow beneath the grotto's tree? its obnouxisly hard to find them really..found maybe 5 in kanto

oh and,landorus on co. formes? how u switch forme?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    and about making them abit more visible? like a bolder shadow beneath the grotto's tree? its obnouxisly hard to find them really..found maybe 5 in kanto

oh and,landorus on co. formes? how u switch forme?
    Oh, maybe. I didn't realize it would be that difficult because there really aren't many places in Kanto with clumps of trees. I thought if anything it would be the caves.

There's a guy in the six island mart that gives you the Reveal Glass.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    aight thanks,fighting against lando atm,been 15min alrdy i think lol..
    u can make that,or something else to make it actually a treasure hunt,make itemfinder able to point toward it? think its possible?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2018
    Hmm…never heard of using that. Is there some site on the m3 ds real (I'm having difficulty googling it). Most importantly, does it support things like 32mb ROMs and a real time clock? Because I'm not really sure what I could have done that would have broken off support for that.

Pretty sure it supports those, but I'm not 100% sure. The game loads up, just can't get to prof oak's intro part~_~

The regular firered rom works

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    aight thanks,fighting against lando atm,been 15min alrdy i think lol..
    u can make that,or something else to make it actually a treasure hunt,make itemfinder able to point toward it? think its possible?
    Hmm, that sounds like an excellent idea. If I can think of a good way to do that, I'll add it for sure.
    Pretty sure it supports those, but I'm not 100% sure. The game loads up, just can't get to prof oak's intro part~_~

The regular firered rom works
    Well the thing is that the regular FireRed ROM is 16mb. What leads me to believe it may be that is that a portion of the tutorial task (and a lot of stuff in general) is beyond the 16mb offset. So if it can't support ROMs bigger than 16mb, it would make sense that the oak cutscene is where it crashes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2018
    Hmm, that sounds like an excellent idea. If I can think of a good way to do that, I'll add it for sure.Well the thing is that the regular FireRed ROM is 16mb. What leads me to believe it may be that is that a portion of the tutorial task (and a lot of stuff in general) is beyond the 16mb offset. So if it can't support ROMs bigger than 16mb, it would make sense that the oak cutscene is where it crashes.

for the meantime,could u make em abit more visible?

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2018
    Well the thing is that the regular FireRed ROM is 16mb. What leads me to believe it may be that is that a portion of the tutorial task (and a lot of stuff in general) is beyond the 16mb offset. So if it can't support ROMs bigger than 16mb, it would make sense that the oak cutscene is where it crashes.

Makes sense, oh well

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    for the meantime,could u make em abit more visible?
    I'll get to that stuff in a bit, but right now I'm doing stuff that are literally game breaking.
    and revealing glass crahses the game D:
    Like this. Which should now be fixed :)
    Makes sense, oh well
    To be clear, it may not be that at all - just my guess.

Hey everyone, I made a very quick update patch to deal with the game breaking reports. Most notable are Wish, Pursuit, Reveal Glass, and Fusion Flare.

There are two other concerning bugs reported that I've tried (and failed) to replicate. If anyone else has experienced them, let me know with any other details so I can try to narrow them down.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I think I found the source of this, assuming you're playing on a difficulty other than beginner.
    You caught Pokemon with EVs and though I wiped them when they directly enter your party, I missed the hook for when they go to the PC.
    Oh I see. I switched to the "easy" difficulty then caught a pokemon which entered the PC after being caught. It had no EVs. Nice!

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    i rename the nameless fire red project into " Kanto 721 ", i know there is emerald 721 by lc so i name it by myself into that.

Back