• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Is there any page or documents about this game? Pokemon lists or new things(like the honey tree that I still dont know what it does)

Finding only bunnelbys/starlys/bellsprouts is driving me insane with my nuzlocke, but I'm loving it. I also have a question about the difficulty. How are they determined? I was trying to go on medium, and at the gym battle Misty has 4 lvl 28 pokes, so I just went with the easy difficulty for it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Replies:
    Spoiler:

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Pretty impressive how accurate the mechanics are to the 6th gen games, never would've thought this was possible 6 years ago, kinda funny to see how far ROM hacks have come since all the disassembles were done.

Those difficulty options in particular turn me on, Im not a fan of the non-postgame TM distribution especially while playing on hard mode, the gym leaders were manageable with proper levels and strategy but then the elite four, holy crap they hit me like a brick wall, powerful movesets, stat spreads, items and extreme team synergy like I've never seen from an in game team. It'd be nice to have an area for efficient EV training and the ability to get items so I can stand up to the life orbs and leftovers with smogon-tier sets.

I had to turn it to easy to beat them, they were pretty brutal I don't even want to know what the expert difficulty would hit me with lol. Also, what is the difference between medium and hard, I didn't really notice anything, and is it possible to implement those options to lesser trainers as well as bosses?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • I´ve beaten the Cerulean cave trainers and got a TM from both, but after exiting and re-entering I can´t battle them again. Is beating the E4 again a requisite to bttle those trainers again?.
    Can anybody confirm this?

And another thing, if you're the kind of trainer who trades your pokemon between hacks, there's only one hack that can trade with Nameless Fire Red... LLCoolj´s Theta Emerald 721/EX/the beta one (in other hacks the pokemon appear as bad eggs, nothing happens if you exit the trade center.).
    Just be careful with the moves your pokemon (on both hacks) have. Steam Eruption on Volcanion (721) made the game crash, but after changing it to another move (Brick Break, just to test) the trading worked, but Volcanion became Meloetta on Nameless FR.

If you want to test this, save states are your best friends.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    I´ve beaten the Cerulean cave trainers and got a TM from both, but after exiting and re-entering I can´t battle them again. Is beating the E4 again a requisite to bttle those trainers again?.

The cerulean cave trainers are pedometer-based just like the hidden grottos.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Pretty impressive how accurate the mechanics are to the 6th gen games, never would've thought this was possible 6 years ago, kinda funny to see how far ROM hacks have come since all the disassembles were done.

Those difficulty options in particular turn me on, Im not a fan of the non-postgame TM distribution especially while playing on hard mode, the gym leaders were manageable with proper levels and strategy but then the elite four, holy crap they hit me like a brick wall, powerful movesets, stat spreads, items and extreme team synergy like I've never seen from an in game team. It'd be nice to have an area for efficient EV training and the ability to get items so I can stand up to the life orbs and leftovers with smogon-tier sets.

I had to turn it to easy to beat them, they were pretty brutal I don't even want to know what the expert difficulty would hit me with lol. Also, what is the difference between medium and hard, I didn't really notice anything, and is it possible to implement those options to lesser trainers as well as bosses?
    Thank you for playing!

On boss difficulty - its become pretty clear that a lot of people find the difficulty to be a bit too high. I think that the only reason I find the game to be easy is that I've played it so many times that I'm subconsciously aware of exactly what the game will throw at me. I've already started working on toning it down, including different movesets for the bosses on different difficulty levels. The general idea will be:
    Expert - Smogon movesets and stuff
    Hard - perhaps... a little better than stadium level
    Medium - a little worse than stadium level
    Easy - Exactly like a vanilla game
    & the difference between the difficulty levels right now is only the amount of EVs given - thats the reason they have such good movesets, even on easy.
    I´ve beaten the Cerulean cave trainers and got a TM from both, but after exiting and re-entering I can´t battle them again. Is beating the E4 again a requisite to bttle those trainers again?.

And another thing, if you're the kind of trainer who trades your pokemon between hacks, there's only one hack that can trade with Nameless Fire Red... LLCoolj´s Theta Emerald 721/EX/the beta one (in other hacks the pokemon appear as bad eggs, nothing happens if you exit the trade center.).
    Just be careful with the moves your pokemon (on both hacks) have. Steam Eruption on Volcanion (721) made the game crash, but after changing it to another move (Brick Break, just to test) the trading worked, but Volcanion became Meloetta on Nameless FR.

The cerulean cave trainers are pedometer-based just like the hidden grottos.
    Actually, you can rematch them once per day. Only phone calls and grottos are pedometer based :) Btw I don't recommend trading with other games - unless they share literally the same order of moves, pokemon, etc, something is bound to crash. Plus I used certain parts of pokemon data for other things.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Woahhh! I just noticed that the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs for legendaries are implemented in this hack. This is really the most up to date gba rom hack.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Thank you for playing!

On boss difficulty - its become pretty clear that a lot of people find the difficulty to be a bit too high. I think that the only reason I find the game to be easy is that I've played it so many times that I'm subconsciously aware of exactly what the game will throw at me. I've already started working on toning it down, including different movesets for the bosses on different difficulty levels. The general idea will be:
    Expert - Smogon movesets and stuff
    Hard - perhaps... a little better than stadium level
    Medium - a little worse than stadium level
    Easy - Exactly like a vanilla game
    & the difference between the difficulty levels right now is only the amount of EVs given - thats the reason they have such good movesets, even on easy
    Honestly if there was an effective EV training method the level curve is fine, could also give some better TMs and like 1 leftovers and life orb and maybe choice item before the elite four and it'd be pretty fair, gym leaders were all pretty fair except maybe brock if you chose fenniken (I did)

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2023
    Thank for your answer. I got powerful roserade :). And I found something. Aegislash changes its form correctly, but may its stat doesn't. I'm not sure, but it doesn't make sense that lvl 56 aegislash's night slash is weaker than lvl 44 larvesta's flame charge. They affected normally both(not x2, x0.5). I think it's a bug, or just thinking missed?
    Anyway this is totally awesome hack though. I've been played this hack longer than any other hacks!!

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Thank you for creating this hack friend. its so interesting :) i've been playing this for a while. one question. Will you change the battle background?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2017
    Replies:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2019
    I found the Gligar grotto. Ignore me. and Scizor too. Hurrr.

Last edited:

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Buuuuugs:
    1.) Sometimes the Cerulean Trainers gives me TMs first, then battle.
    2.) Light Clay makes the Dual Screens last infinitely. (Might as well check on the weather rocks.)
    3.) The Legendary Dogs still flee even with Shadow Tag. (Doesn't happen with the nature trio tho)
    4.) Eviolite works with fully-evolved Pokemons that has Megas. (Probably because the game sees Megas as actual Evolution.)

Q:
    1.) Are all/most Legendaries available through Defeating the League and getting a gift from Prof. Oak?
    2.) How often does swarms appear?
    3.) What are the Requirements to re-battle a gym leader? (Is it once per day like the Trainers at Cerulean Cave?)

Also, I NEED A LIMBER BUNEAAAAARY OUT OF 10 Bunearys i caught in a swarm, NONE of them has Limber ;(

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    How do you find the hidden grittos? I've looked evdrywhere and can't seem to find them, and where are the other legends? I have the kanto birds, the dragon trio of unova, latias, and thunderus, but I csnt find anyone else

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Woahhh! I just noticed that the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs for legendaries are implemented in this hack. This is really the most up to date gba rom hack.
    Maybe you're just lucky. Every single time ;)
    Honestly if there was an effective EV training method the level curve is fine, could also give some better TMs and like 1 leftovers and life orb and maybe choice item before the elite four and it'd be pretty fair, gym leaders were all pretty fair except maybe brock if you chose fenniken (I did)
    If you use the VS Seeker, you'll see that a number of rematchable trainers are actually pretty good for EV training. I didn't make a dedicated list on this, but you'll be able to see that a lot of them were made with EV training in mind. I'm not opposed to making wild pkmn training spots, so long as it doesn't feel forced. I'll need to make a list that feels "natural."

Actually you can get some of those items. Leftovers under Snorlax like the normal game, lifeorb and choice scarf, and some other goodies in some in game trades, Assult Vest on Lapras etc. I'll make an item locations list eventually. The other Choice items admittedly aren't obtainable until after you beat the Elite Four the first time.

Yeah for Fennekin -> Brock, yeah, your only other good option is Nidoran/ getting super lucky with a Grotto spawn. I want to add something else as an option, but I haven't decided on which Pokemon.

The TM restriction I don't know - I didn't want to give the best attacks until after beating the E4. You may not get icebeam/thunderbolt/flamethrower, but you can still get blizzard/thunder/fireblast, ya know? Because something to keep in mind is that because they're reusable, TMs are quite a bit stronger than they are in a normal gen 3 game.
    Thank for your answer. I got powerful roserade :). And I found something. Aegislash changes its form correctly, but may its stat doesn't. I'm not sure, but it doesn't make sense that lvl 56 aegislash's night slash is weaker than lvl 44 larvesta's flame charge. They affected normally both(not x2, x0.5). I think it's a bug, or just thinking missed?
    Anyway this is totally awesome hack though. I've been played this hack longer than any other hacks!!
    Hmm, thats odd. I'll take a look at this. Thanks for playing!
    Thank you for creating this hack friend. its so interesting :) i've been playing this for a while. one question. Will you change the battle background?
    Thank you! Probably eventually since the DS style sprites look better with it.
    I see, thank you for the attention. So they match my highest level poke hum, my arse got kicked hard on misty, so I just changed to easy so I could continue. This is probably my go-to hack since pokemon gaia is still on progress hahah
    Yeah, I'll fix this annoyance. & thanks!
    Buuuuugs:
    1.) Sometimes the Cerulean Trainers gives me TMs first, then battle.
    2.) Light Clay makes the Dual Screens last infinitely. (Might as well check on the weather rocks.)
    3.) The Legendary Dogs still flee even with Shadow Tag. (Doesn't happen with the nature trio tho)
    4.) Eviolite works with fully-evolved Pokemons that has Megas. (Probably because the game sees Megas as actual Evolution.)

Q:
    1.) Are all/most Legendaries available through Defeating the League and getting a gift from Prof. Oak?
    2.) How often does swarms appear?
    3.) What are the Requirements to re-battle a gym leader? (Is it once per day like the Trainers at Cerulean Cave?)

Also, I NEED A LIMBER BUNEAAAAARY OUT OF 10 Bunearys i caught in a swarm, NONE of them has Limber ;(
    Hmm. Was this right after midnight? I'll have a look.
    Okay I'll check on Light Clay.
    Hmm. That Shadow Tag thing is pretty bizarre.
    Yeah I think I know why the Eviolite thing happened.

Yeah they're all available, but don't expect to get them all anytime soon.
    Swarms last 1 hour. They can be triggered anytime there isn't another swarm going on, but you have to have talked to the swarm caller on that route. They're pedometer based, so if you just run around, you'll trigger them. They're more likely to occur if you have a Pokemon with Lightningrod in the front of your party.
    Gym leaders are also once a day, and only 1 leader can be rematched. Again, a Lightningrod lead increases the chance of being called.

And lol, that Buneary thing is just bad luck. You should have a roughly 1 in 3 chance of getting a hidden ability, or 1/2 if the pokemon only has 1 ability.
    How do you find the hidden grittos? I've looked evdrywhere and can't seem to find them, and where are the other legends? I have the kanto birds, the dragon trio of unova, latias, and thunderus, but I csnt find anyone else
    They're on various routes/caves. Just talk to trees. I didn't specifically specify where each one is, but you can see which areas they are with the pokemon locations list I posted above, and people have been posting screenshots if you want to give yourself a spoiler. There's also the legendary beasts in kanto, the rest of the Unova forces of nature, and Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave. That's it for now, though.
    I'm so excited to nuzlocke this. THANK YOU! <3
    Good luck! I've heard that the early game in particular can be pretty brutal if you get the wrong encounters :)

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
    Years
  • Maybe you're just lucky. Every single time ;)If you use the VS Seeker, you'll see that a number of rematchable trainers are actually pretty good for EV training. I didn't make a dedicated list on this, but you'll be able to see that a lot of them were made with EV training in mind. I'm not opposed to making wild pkmn training spots, so long as it doesn't feel forced. I'll need to make a list that feels "natural."

Actually you can get some of those items. Leftovers under Snorlax like the normal game, lifeorb and choice scarf, and some other goodies in some in game trades, Assult Vest on Lapras etc. I'll make an item locations list eventually. The other Choice items admittedly aren't obtainable until after you beat the Elite Four the first time.

Yeah for Fennekin -> Brock, yeah, your only other good option is Nidoran/ getting super lucky with a Grotto spawn. I want to add something else as an option, but I haven't decided on which Pokemon.

The TM restriction I don't know - I didn't want to give the best attacks until after beating the E4. You may not get icebeam/thunderbolt/flamethrower, but you can still get blizzard/thunder/fireblast, ya know? Because something to keep in mind is that because they're reusable, TMs are quite a bit stronger than they are in a normal gen 3 game.

I had suspicion I could do this, a list would be great so I can properly plan where I can max out since I only realized this after my EVs were maxed out, also related to EVs, is it possible to add the berries that decrease EVs? That'd be a great addition for a challenge run enthusiast like me.

Dang I wish I knew that lol would've made my experience much better and probably wouldn't of even needed to air my grievances on the elite four with a choice scarf.

I brute forced my way through brock with Flaffy Thunder wave, Staravia intimidate swaps then finished with braixen psybeams, it felt really forced to grind them up with turbo though...too bad my first grotto only gave me lillipup, maybe you could add a rare grass type to viridian forest.

I appreciate that decision, I used blizzard and fire blast but I found it a little discouraging that my opponents had all these elite movesets I couldn't get...not as big of a deal now that I know about those item locations just feels a little unfair/unnatural your opponents can gang up on you with these movesets.

I love this hack it should be said, I don't think I mentioned it yet but its quite amazing and the only hack I found actually hard that also felt *mostly* fair, Imma have another go once I find an EV training spot so I can experience it better.

odoodo

School Kid
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    where can i find spell tag? and can you also make a list of where to find held items?

Back