• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2017
    Level-scaling is in this hack too? All of Brock's Pokemon scaled to my Lv. 16 Frogadier.

Years
  • And now... this is the last remaining (and still being updated) ROM hack with almost every single Pokemon available... since Red Chapter got cancelled, Theta Emerald got abandoned, and nothing else on here is even 25% completed.

I know I'm new to all this, but I've been watching hacks become truly remarkable and then just disappear or go dead. I mean, I get why people drop them, but it's just really sad to see all that effort actually be wasted, rather than completed for the community to appreciate and remember you by.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Hi people. I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't had a chance to do much in the last few weeks, but I haven't quit hacking or anything. I know I disappeared abruptly, but it was for reasons I couldn't have foreseen. I have yet to read any messages/posts from the last few weeks, but I will get to reading them all (slowly). Thanks for playing!

Years
  • Hi people. I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't had a chance to do much in the last few weeks, but I haven't quit hacking or anything. I know I disappeared abruptly, but it was for reasons I couldn't have foreseen. I have yet to read any messages/posts from the last few weeks, but I will get to reading them all (slowly). Thanks for playing!

And thank you for making the best "addition" hack on here... like, seriously... nearly every pokemon, built in difficulty changers, and bonus modes of play... what more do I need.

Years
  • Hi people. I wanted to let everyone know that I haven't had a chance to do much in the last few weeks, but I haven't quit hacking or anything. I know I disappeared abruptly, but it was for reasons I couldn't have foreseen. I have yet to read any messages/posts from the last few weeks, but I will get to reading them all (slowly). Thanks for playing!

As long as you're not abandoning the game, we all are fine. This is the only Gen 3 Hack without any extra region/story, which I am still playing. 200 Hours of Gameplay already and I have 391 Dex Entries Completed. Will try to complete it as soon as my exam finishes :)

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Guys. I found a thing.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2020
    Did anyone trade for a poliwhirl in celadon city? I cant find the trade.

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
  • hmm.... well i finished the game and it was a great one and surprisingly even without grinding all my pokemon are 90. A very well made game but is there any other region after sevii island? and i dont seem to find any mega stone either :/ maybe they are not there but anyways a great game .

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2020
    hmm.... well i finished the game and it was a great one and surprisingly even without grinding all my pokemon are 90. A very well made game but is there any other region after sevii island? and i dont seem to find any mega stone either :/ maybe they are not there but anyways a great game .

It is only kanto and sevii islands. Mega stones are in hidden grottos, they are in regions around all kanto and sevii, search in the thread and you everything about them.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Hey maybe this is a dumb question but how do I patch the UPS onto a rom? I'm using tsukuyomi and it says "input checksum is invalid." And I've already tried with like 7 different versions of the fire red rom that I could find. Does anyone know which rom it is or what I could be doing wrong?

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Hey maybe this is a dumb question but how do I patch the UPS onto a rom? I'm using tsukuyomi and it says "input checksum is invalid." And I've already tried with like 7 different versions of the fire red rom that I could find. Does anyone know which rom it is or what I could be doing wrong?

Try it with NUPS. The UPS download should've come with a copy of the program.

Now, I have a question. Every time I go to grab the Eevee in the Celadon mansion, the guy rips into me about taking pokeballs people leave out and tells me to back off (personally I think he should've locked the door in that case). How the hell do I get the Eevee from him?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016

Make sure the ignore checksum is clicked before patching.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
    Years
  • Try it with NUPS. The UPS download should've come with a copy of the program.

Now, I have a question. Every time I go to grab the Eevee in the Celadon mansion, the guy rips into me about taking pokeballs people leave out and tells me to back off (personally I think he should've locked the door in that case). How the hell do I get the Eevee from him?

idk, but i got the eevee after I finished the game XD i dont know if there's a specific event that lets you get the eevee earlier than that, sorry

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    A good addition to the game would be the color-coded stats depending on nature.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Whenever I revisit a hidden grotto after catching the HA Pokemon in them, all I find are either random, fairly common items or absolutely nothing. I can't find more HA Pokemon in them, and I have never seen a single Mega Stone at all. :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2022
    Miscellaneous
    - Use TMs an infinite number of times
    - Gigantic pockets
    - Shiny rates match the (presumed) Gen VI rate
    - You are not required to grind to beat the game

These are really good features, really makes the gae feel more up to date.

I do have one big complaint about this otherwise amazing hack though. Why on Earth do the Gym leader / e4 teams match your highest level on even the lower difficulties?? I thought that would only happen on Expert difficulty, which would make sense, but even Medium difficulty does this?? Why?

What I would much prefer is if Easy, Medium and Hard all had set levels, with only Expert having their teams match your highest. It would distinguish the difficulty levels more. I also MUCH prefer set levels to matched ones, but the Easy difficulty is too easy (IMO levels should be increased one or two for each of the gym leaders, or do that for medium difficulty), and honestly the matched ones are FAR too difficult in the early game, even on Medium; Brock is certainly too good for even a ROMhack's first gym, and Misty is virtually impossible to overcome without luck.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Whenever I revisit a hidden grotto after catching the HA Pokemon in them, all I find are either random, fairly common items or absolutely nothing. I can't find more HA Pokemon in them, and I have never seen a single Mega Stone at all. :(

Keep trying. Every 250 steps, there is a 5% of a new HA pokemon spawning there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Essay for five pages of posts prepared. Also, thanks for everyone who answered others in the thread and cut the number of responses I need to give in half :P This post is incredibly long, so sorry - I probably missed some replies by accident. ctrl+f for your name. I know that a lot of these replies are very late, but I hope I'm finally caught up in terms of this thread. Thanks to everyone who has been playing.
    Spoiler:

Back