• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Near death experiences

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
  • I have one sorta sad.when I was 14 I got brutally jumped my these guys that bullied me. I was the new kid in town and they a messed me up 5 on 1. I was at the hospital for 2 weeks with multiple cuts and bruises and broken bones. They said if they would have kept beating me up for another 5 minutes I would have died due to blunt force trauma of the kicks to my head. I have moved since and things are a lot better now. Those guys got busted and 3 of them were 17 and got adult sentences of 5 to 10 years.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • - almost drowned in a hotel swimming pool and family wasn't watching me. I'm afraid of swimming. I have gone to take swimming classes twice, and I still cannot swim. I hate going underwater because there is always that chance that I never come back up.
    - almost hit a car while driving. It was dark and I did not see the car. It didn't have its lights on. I'd rather stay indoors from now on okay.

Years
  • I was a premature baby,given a 20% survival prognosis, but after 6 months I was able to leave.

My parents were told I was likely to be one or more of the following cognitively impaired, deaf, blind, and unable to walk. Perhaps they were right about the former.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I haven't had anything I would call near-death. I've had plenty of wipe-outs on the bike and was thrown into a pool at three years old, but those don't count.

My maternal uncle died from a fever when he was a baby, and was brought back a sociopath from a TBI. My paternal grandmother had an anneurism and died back in 2000 and a year later committed suicide (so they say, certificate says anneurism), which I imagine was a lot of reason for my paternal uncle to kill himself as well. These things for me point to something worthwhile after death, near as I can tell. It's not nothing.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    I've had more of these than anyone should. I guess they run in the family lol:

- Choking. I choked in middle school and I did the Heimlich on myself and screwed it up. But after another 30 seconds I coughed it up so yay for living and breathing.

- Blunt force trauma. I got in a car crash and everyone was in agreement it was an anomaly I walked away because of how bad the damage was.

- Illness. I've gotten incredibly sick through complications twice now. Both times were awful.

- Electrocution. I zapped myself and woke up lying on the ground and I could feel the arc the electricity took through my body.

pkmin3033

I've had a few of these. I almost died due to severe health problems when I was fifteen - my doctor actually told me he didn't expect me to see my sixteenth birthday, which was a month away at the time...needless to say things were turned around, although it was a close thing - and again in June of last year, when things ramped up to eleven again after having remained fairly stable for nearly a decade.

I also had my appendix removed - late - when I was six, although I'm not sure if that one qualifies as a near-death experience, as it may or may not have killed me if it burst. Probably not, although I was very young...I've never really thought about it. It hurt enough at the time to make me wish I were dead, though. xD

I've also nearly been killed by cars more times than I care to count in my youth because of my carelessness...and because someone actually pushed me out into the road once in front of an oncoming bus. That was particularly nerve-wracking. It wasn't very nice, either.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    A few years ago, I was hit by a car. Hard. I was in a wheelchair/crutches/physical therapy for about half a year. I don't know exactly what happened (I suffered minor amnesia), but I think I went across a crosswalk when the light wasn't white. I broke two bones in my leg, and received a minor concussion as well.

Another time was when I got a major concussion while skateboarding. I just fell that time, haha.

I also had the Swine flu that some people claimed to be the downfall of humanity. Pfft.

I've broken multiple other bones and been very sick many times, but those were the only times when I actually almost died. I'm pretty accident-prone, I must say.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    well these weren't really near death experiences, but they are the closest i've been to death.
    - my friend shae invited me to her 6th birthday party which was a pool party at her house. at the time I didn't know how to swim so i had to sit on the edge of the pool while all of my friends were hanging out in the middle. i paddled into the middle with my friends but i couldn't keep paddling so i grabbed shae's foot. i pull both of us down and her mom went all superwoman and cannonballed in to save us.
    - when i was 4(?) my mom took me to a grocery store and she gave me a quarter to let me buy something from the candy machines. i came back to her with jellybeans stuffed up both of my nostrils. they almost had to take me to the hospital but my mom got them out. s/o to mommy for being real.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • Well, my parents own a motorboat, and we sometimes ride it in the harbour for fun. I renember looking at fireworks from an Australia Day celebration one time (I don't know my age) and I stumbled and fell into the water without a lifeboat. Nobody saw me fall, and I had to get my parents' attention becuase the boat was moving away from me. I then saw a life saver thrown by them and knew it was my chance to be rescued. Scary experience and have since worn life jackets, even when the boat is stationary.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I had my first near death experience last year. If surgeons hadn't removed my gallbladder, I likely wouldn't be here now. It was in such really bad shape. Additionally to that I had gallstones too. I went through so much pain before any surgery and I honestly don't wish it on any one. I'm not exaggerating when I say I nearly ended up dead, I had a really bad infection going on and couldn't even fucking walk because of the pain. Luckily I'm all better, and I'm still here now. As unlikely as it seems anyways.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I stepped on a rattle snake once, and I randomly decided to climb up a smooth cliff face with no equipment 3000 feet in the air because it was faster than walking. Didn't quite realize it at the time, but like... yeah not smart.

Years
  • There's a couple things that come to mind:

I got Lithium toxicity, basically my Lithium levels got so high when I was on it that my kidneys shut down and I ended up in the ICU for a week on dialysis and having seizures, lucky I went to the hospital when I did.

A separate incident I overdosed unintentionally on a medication. I took a LOT of something a few years ago being stupid trying to experiment with drugs. One of the worst experiences of my life.

And when I was younger I attempted suicide.

I guess I'm lucky to be alive

Lucid

I almost died having my son--bleeding to death. It was pretty boring, no near death experience, no nothing, just pretty quiet and peaceful. Nothing happened as far as the classic near death experiences go. It's boring, no cool story. You just feel sleepy and peaceful.

Blastedoise

"...Too bad, though. ...It's all over now. ♪ ...Th
    Years
  • Once on the street when a Car hit me with full speed. Normal day like ever, but you know how people just like to drive. The Driver, did eventually stop while my mom, called the Ambulance. I had a lot of bones broken, the Nurse said, that i had a lot of luck that i survived this hit.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • i was driving on a friday on my way to university
    2 years ago in December
    going to orientation day with my stuff in the backseat
    50 miles to go and i was runnin low on faith and gasoline
    it'd been a long hard year....

i had a lot on my mind, and i didnt pay attention
    i was on the highway, going fast (wasnt speeding)
    before i knew it i could feel an anxiety attack
    i saw my life flash before my eyes
    i didnt even have time to cry
    i was so scared
    i threw my hands up in the air
    JESUS TAKE THE WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL

TL;DR i was driving on the highway and i had an anxiety attack whilst driving and jesus take the wheel was playing so i took my hands off the wheel and drove to safety (true story)

Years
  • When I was a baby I had pneumonia while I was at my granny's house and when they called the doctor out to the house he accidentally gave me an adult's dose of penicillin. Nearly killed me, had to be rushed to the hospital at like one in the morning.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Well when I was about 9 year old, I went hiking with my family. we were playing soccer (for some reason) and i shot my ball near a very steep cliff. Weirdly, it had not fallen into the sea which we surrounded by. Like a retarted lil kid, I went to get it.

I didn't even walk, I freakin RAN. Now that I look at it I'm surprised I hadn't fell from that cliff (Maybe it wasn't that steep after all) I got my ball but then a part of the cliff cracked apart, and I amost slipped in the deep sea.I was lucky I was holding the ball, as it was stuck in a hole.

After that, I heard my mom cry my name, so I hurried up the cliff, and I ran to my mom. When I told my mom, she laughed and she din't believe me. Yeah, that's my story

Back