• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Directions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Join date, etc. and other user statistics and contact information will be in the right table. Just gotta add that.

Gotta fix the drop down list to work with links. For some reason, the reflecting avatars only work when they want to. Oh, gotta work on the viewing single post thing as well...

Planning a profile remodel that'll look something like this. View a profile in PHPBB 3 and you'll see the basic concept. Oh! Gotta get that right postbit up as well. I plan on bringing that back as a user option with some help from Audy! :]

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In legacy, I don't think the "This use is" + On/off status light really fits. Wouldn't you just be able to keep the light or even the Online/Offline light because that's the one I really like. Preferably at the bottom of the postbit.

usami

biohazard
    Years
  • i think you forgot ugly at the end of your post, nick
    you really shouldn't waste your time making the profiles look like that, it's a major downgrade

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    In legacy, I don't think the "This use is" + On/off status light really fits. Wouldn't you just be able to keep the light or even the Online/Offline light because that's the one I really like. Preferably at the bottom of the postbit.

Agreed.

Or! "This user is offline" just the words, would be even better.

Still, the moving sidebar of information is kinda annoying (as I mentioned at some point?), and the "go advanced page" doesn't look too nice. Annddd I'd prefer navigation left aligned, but yeah that's fine in the middle I guess. No real thoughts on profiles. Post comment/Report would look better as a button now I've actually seen it on posts. And the mirroring effect of avatars, idk if I like it.

Years
  • Ah well, I like the changes. No more of that ugly Santa cap and nice to see my avatar up there! ^_^ Nice work.

But,
    Spoiler:

^ This thing looks ugly and I think; it is unnecessary. =(
    Also, I'm not really a fan of this avatar reflection. We should have an option to turn it off and on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i think you forgot ugly at the end of your post, nick
    you really shouldn't waste your time making the profiles look like that, it's a major downgrade
    Bleaaagh. I guess you're right about that. :(

Agreed.

Or! "This user is offline" just the words, would be even better.

Still, the moving sidebar of information is kinda annoying (as I mentioned at some point?), and the "go advanced page" doesn't look too nice. Annddd I'd prefer navigation left aligned, but yeah that's fine in the middle I guess. No real thoughts on profiles. Post comment/Report would look better as a button now I've actually seen it on posts. And the mirroring effect of avatars, idk if I like it.
    The new reply template looks better than the vBulletin default, imo, so that's something that won't be changing. Good to know I spent a few hours reworking it to know it doesn't look too nice, though.

Ah well, I like the changes. No more of that ugly Santa cap and nice to see my avatar up there! ^_^ Nice work.

But,
    Spoiler:

^ This thing looks ugly and I think; it is unnecessary. =(
    Also, I'm not really a fan of this avatar reflection. We should have an option to turn it off and on.
    Yes, yes. It isn't particularly necessary to display the threads / posts in a forum to begin with, but I'll fix that later. Not high on my things to do, though. Reflection isn't going to be chooseable, though. That's an aspect of the header that I want in the style somehow, and avatars are the only place where they fit. :(

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    That's a bug. I'm not sure how to fix it, but recently it seems to have been working the way it should... hmm.

Anyone see any bugs that I need to patch up before I go on for more new features, or work on pre-existing ones? Anything you see around the forums that aren't supposed to be the way they look. Profile picture YouTube swap aside... that'll be fixed on the next update.

Years
  • what reflections is everyone talking about? not seen ANY reflections on this theme yet.

also for that chat link, looks like a var parse error...

The reflection has been taken out. It was a reflection of half of the avatar, reflecting underneath and fading out.

It is weird not seeing post counts XD. I know it is being fixed, but is weird :3

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Team Faiiiill.. :(

That's been there. ;_;

I don't recall removing the reflection?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yaaaaaay. Legacy is on the right side. <3

Now fix the smilie problem for 'quick reply'

Years
  • One little problem I have come across is the signature merges into the post because there is no dividing line or something to separate it.

If someone just has plain text in their signature, it looks like it is apart of their post and could get confusing for some people. I thought someone was advertising but it is actually in their signature! XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    a. I'll get the postbit signature fixed.
    b. I have an idea with the floating table.. two actually:
    ---> Have it 'hide' in a little arrow that instead follows you around. If you click on it, or hover on it, the floating table pops up to the left of it. It shows automatically if you have any notifications, and shows for staff if there are more than 0 pending reports.
    ---> Have it draggable to another part of the forum.

Don't know how to implement either of them, though, so I'd need a more experienced coder to do it for me. n-n

Years
  • So the current 'floating' notification thing is going to be replaced? =[
    I kinda liked it like that! XD

But good work anyway, prefer this style to the previous.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    No. Just looking for a work around for those who find it too annoying to have a convenient table with all the information you'll need to know if someone contacted you following you around.

Years
  • Ahhhhhh, fair enough. Now what you said before makes more sense.
    It is early for me and I am still half-asleep! XD

What you said sounds good :3

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    This theme is very delicious; loving the gradients and features. Good job, Nick!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back