• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New evolution coming up soon!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
  • Sushi said:
    Ugh Kenny <_<

Well, since I assume this is the current news thread (or is it? ._.), I'll put it in here:
    PokéAni posted new information from a magazine...

The summary there seems to confirm the evolution of a main cast Pokémon in the Solaceon Town arc (they didn't say whether it was the Ruins or the Contest episode). The people on PokéAni wouldn't say which one, but hinted it's an ape/monkey Pokémon. Go figure.
    This could mean an evolution for either Chimchar or Aipom, but my money's on Aipom. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

darkphoenixdude

Phoenix Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    Yeah, and I think Aipom needs a stone or something ^^ They don't come across stones so easily :P And plus, Aipom is less of an Ape :D

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I think it'll be Chimchar. After he evolves, he shall defeat Paul in battle, thus making himn very mad. As a result, I also expect Ash will get whatever Pokemon Paul battled with. XDD

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Aipom needs no stone, but she does need to learn Double hit to be evolving. I still say Aipom. Chimchar hasn't got enough screentime to evolve yet. Plus, it's too soon. Sometimes, screentime is plays a part in the evolution. 8 episodes after joining Ash and it evolves? Even Starly needed some 11 episodes before evolving into Staravia.

Then again, this is from a personal perspective, so you can choose not to believe me too.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • I'd say either Aipom or Piplup. Goddamnit, I hate both of them but if one of the main character's Pokemon is evolving - my money is on one of them.

Last edited:

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • Aipom needs no stone, but she does need to learn Double hit to be evolving. I still say Aipom. Chimchar hasn't got enough screentime to evolve yet. Plus, it's too soon. Sometimes, screentime is plays a part in the evolution. 8 episodes after joining Ash and it evolves? Even Starly needed some 11 episodes before evolving into Staravia.

Then again, this is from a personal perspective, so you can choose not to believe me too.

You also got to consider that Chimchar was being trained by Paul, who trained that thing mad. I'm going with Chimchar to evolve. He'll be the next Charizard

Years

Then Again Caterpie to Butterfree = 2/3 eps.

I say Chimchar, its has 3 evos so its got to start evolving sometime.
    Monferno is right up Ash's street anyway.

Years
  • Source or some kind of linkage?

I'll go with Aipom, as it had much screentime. Even though, the fire Chim-Chim is more likely to evolve, as per Paul's overtraining.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • It's going to be Aipom. I mean logically:
    Solaceon Town=contest She can either evolve in the ruins or at the contest in the middle of a battle, you pick. In fact no she will evolve in the contest, since its a two parter that week. She will learn Double Hit in the ruins and then evolve during the contest.

Years
  • It's going to be Aipom. I mean logically:
    Solaceon Town=contest She can either evolve in the ruins or at the contest in the middle of a battle, you pick. In fact no she will evolve in the contest, since its a two parter that week. She will learn Double Hit in the ruins and then evolve during the contest.

Your post is making me think: have we had a Pokemon actually evolve in a Contest yet? I don't think so. And I'm going with your contention, anyway. Heh.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Your post is making me think: have we had a Pokemon actually evolve in a Contest yet? I don't think so. And I'm going with your contention, anyway. Heh.
    Nope we never have. Contests are not exactly the newest thing, but with all the contests we have seen and two grand festivals, not one pokemon has ever evolved in a contest. I mean it could be Chimmy, but I doubt it.

TNT

louder!..... louder!..WHISMUR!
    Years
  • i think itll be chimchar. i think ashs pokemon will evolve into this team.
    Pikachu
    Infernape
    Grotle
    Staravia
    Floatzel

i also think aipom will evolve but not yet.

Lyra.

Usagi Small Lady Serenity
    Years
  • i hope chimchar evolves! i really do! chimchar ROX!!

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • I win. XDDD

Dogasu on BMGf said:
    Since next week is an hour-long special, the previews for the two episodes were combined into one.

In the Unknown episode, we see a bunch of Unknown, underneath some red lighting, attacking with some beam weapon that comes from their eyes. We then see Satoshi, in what is assumed to be the titular ruins, running away from the beams.

We also see Hikari and all her pokemon standing around, apparently about to be attacked. At the last second, Aipom jumps up to shield Hikari from the attack and starts to glow. The narrator wonders what's happening to Aipom...

(And yes, it's the evolution glow).

In the second episode, it looks like we'll see Kengo and his Kinogassa face off against Musashi and her Dokucale.

Well, there you have it. Your evidence.

well, it's not so clear, but those who can read Japanese can read the text and know what's going to happen.

Picture: https://dat.2chan.net/18/src/119754170895383b4.jpg

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Oh, thats cool.

It will be cool to see an Ambipom in the Anime. I think it may bring some jealousy from Ash as he had Aipom for ages and it goes with Dawn and evolves

Tough Break.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I want Brock's Croagunk to evolve & catch like a Bronzong & with that Bronzong he shall actually battle for the first time in the whole show lol

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • That makes a lot of sense... I mean why would they tag Aipom along with the crew unless it was going to evolve? The anime dumped ash's old pokémon to introduce the new generation pokémon at the beginning of the season, why would they let Aipom stay unless the were going to introduce it's evolution to the series?

I also think it's a little early from chimchar to evolve... I'm not even sure I want it to evolve :D

EDIT: if you take a look at this picture provided earlier, you'll notice that Aipom's evolution happened during the contest (since it's a DOUBLE BATTLE), which explains why we see Dawn and Piplup.

The Picture: https://dat.2chan.net/18/src/119754170895383b4.jpg

EDIT 2: Oh it said that Dawn was being attacked from behind? oh well...it would have been cool if it evolved in contest though.

Last edited:
    Back