• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Evolution Methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Every generation has had these - what sort of new evolution methods do you think Sun and Moon will have? What would you like to see?

I'm half expecting evolution based on lunar cycles or the day of the week, although that would be ridiculously convoluted and irritating.

Sirfetch’d

There could be some advanced evolution tactics involving the day/night as opposed to just leveling up but honesty I am not expecting too much. I feel like the evolution concepts have been exhausted and have very little room to grow. Though I could be completely wrong and they introduce a cool new type but it is one of the things I least expect in all honesty haha.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I can't really see what more they could do with evolution, there are already so many different methods. I suppose they could expand on the day/night method by somehow harnessing the power of sunlight or moonlight?

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I was thinking this the other day but couldn't come up with anything new. Although I can see how some people might find it irritating I liked the method of evolving Eevee into Sylveon in Pokemon Amie. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar as long as the evolution was worth the time.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    While not NEW exactly, I'd like to see more evolution methods similar to Tyrogue.

Years
    Like Blue said, I can't really think of new evolution ideas but I'm still interested in seeing what they plan to pull off here.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Not really new but more weather based evolutions. I don't think seasons will come back but seasonal evolutions would of been fun mostly if a pokemon can evolve into different pokemons depending of the season.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I think we should see more Pokémon that evolve based on either Day/Night or with the Sun and Moon Stones, since the day/night duality is obviously what these games will be based on.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    What if they introduce Moon cycles and eclipses ? We could get new type of weathers also a tide system depending on the moon phases.

Full moon could get the Moonlight weather and High Tide. Eclipses would have special effects.

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    1. A Pokemon could evolve by trading in a certain environment like a city, swamp etc. This is kinda based off the trading/Burmy/Mt coronet evolution idea.

2. Some Pokemon could evolve by interacting with a hidden/specific object in the region. There would be only 1 of these in the whole region. Say if you had a bed Pokemon, it could only evolve by interacting with this one bed in the whole region so it's kinda like Rotom but it evolves.

3. More emphasis on day/light evolutions as the games are called Sun & Moon.

4. More Nincada to Ninjask/Shedinja type evolutions.

5. Evolution lines that make sense and don't feel out of place like Heliolisk, Dedenne and Carbink.

6. More gyroscope type evolutions as the Inkay evolution was cool.

7. A new evolution stone/item

8. There could be a Pokemon that only evolves with a certain egg move. This means you would have breed a Pokemon to get the egg move and level it up. This would increase difficulty but it would also encourage players to get a better nature for their Pokemon before evolving them.

9. For starters, they should give different evolution levels as the standard level 16 and level 36 evolving levels are boring. Maybe, they could evolve via stones or certain environments. This would give more challenge to newer players as they wouldn't just have to evolve their Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2017
    What if they introduce Moon cycles and eclipses ? We could get new type of weathers also a tide system depending on the moon phases.

Full moon could get the Moonlight weather and High Tide. Eclipses would have special effects.

I was thinking about Moon cycles too. Would seem pretty natural considering the naming, but
    I wonder how sun could be included, as eclipses are much rarer and not regular as phases of moon are, in real life anyway.

Now I thought about a crazy idea, using telescope to find certain star formations and these would
    trigger evolution, or they could be used as a mega evolution gathering gimmick of the gen, to replace overworld stone hunting to some degree anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The Sun is a bit tricky to work with for cycles other than seasons and length of day, maybe occasional intense sunny day ?

Sun related events would be Solar Eclipses, Length of days, Seasons and Weather change.

Moon is each of her phases including Full Moon and New Moon, Lunar Eclipse and Tides.

The Sun also has cycles but they are mostly coronal mass ejections and magnetic activity cycles including sunspots.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Perhaps they will make a unique evolution feature in which your Pokemon can evolve when Sunny Day is used... IN THE MIDDLE OF BATTLE. And just revamp the whole evolution system so that when a Pokemon meets the requirements, they can evolve during battle. They could also had an equivalent moon-type move called Midnight or something which would increase the power of Fairy-types or whatever and night-timey Pokemon would evolve in the same way.

Wobb

Wynaut
    Years
    O: I think there should be an evolution method where some Pokemon evolve if you're playing in the dark or light.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    The franchise doesnt need new evolution methods, they only need to implement cool fusions ideas.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I'm going to blow your minds. It's in a spoiler for anyone curious.

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back