• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    I made this thread to talk about how do you think that Pokémon like Eevee(Glaceon and Leafeon), Magneton(Magnezone) and Nosepass(Probopass)evolve? o.o Because the MossRock and the IcyRock are located on Sinnoh Routes and Mt Coronet is also on Sinnoh... oOo

Also... How will Shaymin change formes? and Deoxys? .o. (I'm not asking Giratina because it has an item xD) Shellos and Gastrodon, too... Will they have new formes(They had West and East)?

What's your opinion?

Last edited:

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    They're very easily traded over I'm sure. xD

Not every Pokemon has to be in the game. And even still, they might just choose locations in the games for new rocks.

(I'm mainly talking about Glaceon and Lefeon obviously. xD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Deoxys, it has been stated that there might be a new form for it in the Johto, but if not then it might be safe to assume that whatever form you trade your Deoxys, it will stay the same, I guess I'm on the fence with this one.

As for Shaymin, good question. they could possibly add something about the Gracidea Flower again after the Elite or so.

For Nosepass, Megnezone, and the new Eeveelution, I would presume that you must trade them over to your DPPt game, evolve it there, and then trade it back.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    That, or you can change Shaymin's form at all.

Yeah, you'll probably have to trade them to D/P/P and trade them back. One could always import stones from their D/P/P?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Gastrodon and Shellos. I remember hearing about an unused sprite. I believe this was it:
    New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Gastrodon and Shellos. I remember hearing about an unused sprite. I believe this was it:
    Oh! That's right! Shellos line has alt. formes too!
    I think they could make North and South Shellos and Gastrodon's formes. That'd be cool =)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Obviously they'd be traded over or they'd give us a way to do it ourselves.

( Moss Rock in Ilex Forest, Frost Rock in Ice Cave? )

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Oh! That's right! Shellos line has alt. formes too!
    I think they could make North and South Shellos and Gastrodon's formes. That'd be cool =)

idk, I think it'd only be available after the Elite Four or only in Kanto. Plus, that's the only sprite I could find.

Obviously they'd be traded over or they'd give us a way to do it ourselves.

( Moss Rock in Ilex Forest, Frost Rock in Ice Cave? )

But, they would'nt be known to the Johto Dex. I think if there are landmarks for this, they'd be after the Elite Four.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I'm rather interested in that beta of Gastrodon. Maybe we'll see a proper version in these remakes. I'd love to see the original design for it.

Years
    New Gastrodon and Shellos forms are very possible, and I hope that we'll see new patterns on mantyke back.
    As for the eeveelutions, I believe that there will be some in game method to evolve them after you receive the national pockedex.
    Magnezone and Probopass could maybe evolve through the power planet, though I still think we'll have to trade them to DPPt

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    I don't know if people pointed this out about the Eeveelution forms, but there are four very easy places they could use to utilise the method of evolution for Glaceon and Leafeon.

For the former, the Ice Cave or Seafoam Islands.
    For the latter, Ilex Forest or Veridian Forest.

As for Probopass and Magnezone; the other location-evolution Pokemon, they could use Mt. Silver as the evolution location.

Granted, this is just assuming that they are including Generation III and IV Pokemon in HG/SS, which would be the case if comparing it to the remakes of Generation I. the only thing I have to say to those who go, "But they weren't in the original release! Neither Eevee nor Magneton evolved in the originals!!"
    - So what? Sevii Islands wasn't in the original release of the Generation I games. Neither was the event with Bill on Cinnabar Island.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    You know, maybe there will actually be a new location to explore after the Elite Four and after the player gets the National Dex, that would have some ways for the Generation IV Pokemon to evolve.

Or it'll just be some places in either Kanto or Mt. Silver. Some place after the Elite Four are defeated and the National Dex is received.

But it wouldn't surprise me that Nintendo would expect people to have all the other games, and ways to trade to get those Gen IV Pokemon. Some way to make them gain more money. XD

Years
    What do you think that they'll do with all of the pokemon that evolve while learning a move(like Tangel Piloswine etc). Doy you think it will be possible to evolve them before obtaining the national dex, or it will be like the Happiness based evolution in FRLG?

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I remember one of Shellos' pokedex entries saying that it's appearance changes depending on the region, and then there's that unused sprite, so it might get a new form. I don't think there should be any new formes since I'm really getting tired of the concept. As for evolution methods, I hope they are only possible in the Kanto region so as to maintain the authenticity of the Johto Region.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    well, I'm going to guess that...
    A. The cave with RED in it has the same megnetic properties as mount coronet or...
    B. They will have a process (possibly at the power plant, Cinderbar, or new location in Johto) that Magneton and Nosepass can go through to evolve

As for Eevee, i'm sure they will have new rocks in new locations (possibly entirely new locations like sevii islands is to FR and LG) or a process like the one mentioned.

As for Deoxys, I can't imagine a new form, but I could see the meteors like the ones that transform him in D/P/PT at mount moon.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I'm interested in the Gastrodon sprite. I'm thinking maybe they won't have East or West Sinnoh there, so that will be the neutral Gastrodon sprite, which is the sprite it has when it isn't caught in either. Just a guess though.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    I'm gonna agree with everybody else. New locations for the rocks, (probably in kanto)
    Magnezone, etc. in Mt. Silver.

New gastrodon forms would be cool.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Has anyone here noticed that Nosepass wasn't introduced until Gen III? If it happens that they don't add the Hoenn (or the Sinnoh) pokes in, we won't have to worry about Probopass.

Back