• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    That could be it, as I remember answering this exact question once before.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I disagree with all of you. It probably won't be in, you will have to trade from D/P/P. They make more money that way.

Years
    This could be a similar issue to FrLg. Espeon and Umbreon weren't obtainable in FrLg. You had to trade them to either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, evolve it either during the day or at night, and then trade back, because there wasn't day or night in FrLg which is required to evolve these two pokemon. So, the Leafeon/Glaceon issue might be similar. You might have to trade to DPPt, evolve it there, and then trade back. But, who knows? They could have a moss rock or ice rock in this game. If they didn't want to do that, they could do something like in XD gale of darkness. They had 2 items that you could use to evolve Eevee into either Espeon or Umbreon. You had a Moon shard for Umbreon and a Sun Shard for Espeon. Maybe, they could have an Ice Shard or Moss/Grass/Leaf shard to evolve Eevee into Leafeon or Glaceon. That's only if they don't want to add the two rocks to the game. (I just know someone's going to come in here and say "I doubt it." Might as well beat them to it.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    This could be a similar issue to FrLg. Espeon and Umbreon weren't obtainable in FrLg. You had to trade them to either Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, evolve it either during the day or at night, and then trade back, because there wasn't day or night in FrLg which is required to evolve these two pokemon. So, the Leafeon/Glaceon issue might be similar. You might have to trade to DPPt, evolve it there, and then trade back.

I was thinking along the exact same lines as you, Lily. Although the issue with Espeon and Umbreon was a tad more complex (adding in a couple of rocks is a lot easier than overhauling the game completely with a day/night system), it seems likely that they'll take this route. Nintendo/GF likes to keep some Pokemon unattainable in certain versions -- they always have, and they always will. Glaceon/Leafeon seem like a perfect way to encourage HGSS owners to find a friend with DPPt or buy a copy themselves.

Ayselipera

Perhaps instead of moving the rocks to Johto they'll put them in Kanto so you won't be able to obtain them until after the national dex while still making it possible to get them in the same game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Perhaps instead of moving the rocks to Johto they'll put them in Kanto so you won't be able to obtain them until after the national dex while still making it possible to get them in the same game.

If the rocks are indeed in the game, this seems most plausible.

Years
    The icy rock will most-likely be in the Sea Foam Islands, while the mossy rock will be in Viridian Forrest.
    Having them before the E4 wouldn't make sense, as Leafeon and Glacion were not in the Johto Dex.

Isn't there a thread about this already?

this makes sense
    but then in DP the rocks were there even though Eevee wasn't in the pokedex
    so I personally see them being in Icy path/Ice path/Cave whatever
    and Ilex forest

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    There's a thread here which already existed for such discussion (which... you posted in before as well, so it should have been there anyways =/) - hence, merged the two.

Mr.Silver

Say Hello To Nurse Barbra
    Years
    I was thinking along the exact same lines as you, Lily. Although the issue with Espeon and Umbreon was a tad more complex (adding in a couple of rocks is a lot easier than overhauling the game completely with a day/night system), it seems likely that they'll take this route. Nintendo/GF likes to keep some Pokemon unattainable in certain versions -- they always have, and they always will. Glaceon/Leafeon seem like a perfect way to encourage HGSS owners to find a friend with DPPt or buy a copy themselves.
    The corprate masterminds.ohh a pikaplushie!Mine!........(Drat they got me)

TK101

Beginner Hacker
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 16, 2012
    You know what, mostly every game I've played that's similar to this one would have a big conversation about something like this. But when the game would be released, the creators forgot all about big things like this. For starters, FATE was like this. They recalled the game because of a feature they forgot. So my guess is they forgot all about the evolution and form problems. That, or you'll have to trade.

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    Eevee + Moon Stone = Umbreon
    Eevee + Sun Stone = Espeon

I find this method easier than raising the Pokemon's happiness.
    But it would still have to be Day or Night.

Also, Ho-oh and Lugia are supposedly getting new "abilities"

Seadiga

Art is a bang, hm!
    Years
    Nosepass/Magneton-Use Mt.silver probobly

Espeon/Umbreon/Glaceon/Leafeon-In XD, you evolved Espeon and Umbreon by having a Sun/Moon shard and giving them high happiness. Glaceon and Leafeon could evolve the same way except with an Ice/Leaf shard or Leaf/Ice stone.

Likitung/Tangela-Ancientpower was a move in the first Silver and Gold right? Problem solved.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Just realised from what somebody said in another thread - the Power Plant seems like the most logical location for Magneton and Nosepass to evolve in, electromagnetic waves and all that.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    this makes sense
    but then in DP the rocks were there even though Eevee wasn't in the pokedex
    so I personally see them being in Icy path/Ice path/Cave whatever
    and Ilex forest

The problem with having it in Ilex/Ice Path is that Eevee is in the Johto 'Dex and is obtained pretty early on. Glaceon/Leafeon are not in the Johto 'Dex and so would not be able to be evolved in to despite being able to get to the rocks.

Unless these rocks were in 'secret' locations, but that would normally be controlled by HM's or such which you would probably have before the national dex.

So, I'm up for Seafoam islands/Viridian Forest for the Eevees.

P.S 'Gotta Catch 'em all' pretty much sums up Pokémon, between HG and SS most, if not all, of the total Pokes should be catchable.

Years
    The problem with having it in Ilex/Ice Path is that Eevee is in the Johto 'Dex and is obtained pretty early on. Glaceon/Leafeon are not in the Johto 'Dex and so would not be able to be evolved in to despite being able to get to the rocks.

Unless these rocks were in 'secret' locations, but that would normally be controlled by HM's or such which you would probably have before the national dex.

So, I'm up for Seafoam islands/Viridian Forest for the Eevees.

P.S 'Gotta Catch 'em all' pretty much sums up Pokémon, between HG and SS most, if not all, of the total Pokes should be catchable.

ah yeah didnt think of that, completely slipped my mind :S
    yeah i vote seafoam islands and viridian forest, if not the new area near cianwood city.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but I read something on PokeBeach about Lugia and Ho-oh each having a "hidden ability." I just hope that these aren't more alternate forms (Ho-oh's Heart-forme, Lugia's Soul-forme); then again, I don't think it would bother me too much. If such forms existed, maybe Ho-oh's AF could be a phoenix burning with a firey passion while Lugia's AF could be like a spirit (similar to its appearance in Pokemon Special/Adventures Yellow).

Back