• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I am going for no. I'm only saying that due to the fact that remakes are typically restricted to that generation of gaming, and like others said, you can always trade one of those you mentioned above from your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum version of the game into the new Gold and Silver games.

I could be wrong, but as of now, that's just how I feel about it. I would really like them to incorporate other generations, but since they created Ruby and Sapphire, and then created a remake of the first generation games, I really don't see why they would do that since the FireRed and LeafGreen versions didn't introduce any (that I'm aware of) Pokémon from the third generations.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    There could possibly be other alternative ways for evolving those mentioned Pokemon, but it would have to happen after you trigger a major event/get the national Pokedex. (The same thing happened in Fr/Lg). I'm not entirely sure about Gastrodon having a new evolution because they really didn't change much evolution wise in Fr/Lg... so why would they do differently with Hg/Ss?

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    Granted, this is just assuming that they are including Generation III and IV Pokemon in HG/SS, which would be the case if comparing it to the remakes of Generation I. the only thing I have to say to those who go, "But they weren't in the original release! Neither Eevee nor Magneton evolved in the originals!!"
    - So what? Sevii Islands wasn't in the original release of the Generation I games. Neither was the event with Bill on Cinnabar Island.

well there HAS TO BE A MAJOR DIFFERENT if there isn't well they they can't have a HGSS manga, which will be really bad

Years
    well there HAS TO BE A MAJOR DIFFERENT if there isn't well they they can't have a HGSS manga, which will be really bad
    Why wouldn't them make a HGSS manga? many manga fans admires GSC and want them to have a greater role in the manga...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    I heard DPPt and HGSS are compatible (?) so people can just trade those Pokemon over to HGSS. Easy.

And besides, I think they did the remakes is either because:
    a) They wanted GSC Pokemon to be able to trade over to DPPt, since GSC Pokemon can in no way be traded over to DPPt, thus completing the National Dex (or vice versa, I really dunno...);
    or
    b) They just wanted to remake the games. End of story.

Take your pick.

Reactions: GFA

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    New Gastrodon formes, and that's it. You couldn't get Espeon or Umbreon in FrLg, so yuou won't be able to get Leafeon or Glaceon in HgSs.

Maybe Shaymin will get a third and fourth forme, but I think its unlikely...

Plus, I agree with Azumi. They should be compatible, remeber the hacked data saying it came from Johto

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    There were new rumors on the Gastrodon forms, and it's either they add them in before the National Dex, only if they add in the newer GEn pokémon before...or they allow it to be available after the Elite.

The games DPPT and HHSS will be compatible most likely.

For the post above, I highly doubt Shaymin will be getting any more forms, it would seriously be too much and wouldn't make much sense.

Why wouldn't them make a HGSS manga? many manga fans admires GSC and want them to have a greater role in the manga...
    They wouldn't make a HG/SS manga because if they only remake the game but don't add some more features or new places to explore, then HG/SS would be similar to the G/S/C manga, almost the same, since it has the same characters, same people...

As in FR/LG,, they added the Sevii Islands and the manga was based of them.

In this, people's opinions doesn't matter: If they don't have ideas to base the manga, then no manga for us.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I am going for no. I'm only saying that due to the fact that remakes are typically restricted to that generation of gaming, and like others said, you can always trade one of those you mentioned above from your Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum version of the game into the new Gold and Silver games.

I could be wrong, but as of now, that's just how I feel about it. I would really like them to incorporate other generations, but since they created Ruby and Sapphire, and then created a remake of the first generation games, I really don't see why they would do that since the FireRed and LeafGreen versions didn't introduce any (that I'm aware of) Pokémon from the third generations.

You could get third gen. pokes in the 4-7 Islands, which you could access after beating the League. So I think that, after beating Kanto/Mt. Silver, we'll be allowed to get D/P/P pokémon into G/S as well (maybe in Fuchsia's Safari Zone or in a new area), and some extras. But I doubt we'll get any third-fourth pokémohn, less new forms, during the normal game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Adding in Some Sinnoh Pokémon in the Safari after the National Dex and such would be fun. Especiialy if they can add some into the Bug Catching competition, after the Nat. Dex is obtained.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    A bug contest with a Mothim! Masquarian! I love that idea.

There would be quite a few new bug types to add into the contest besides those two. Though, if they did this to add in newer Pokémon it might come in after the Nat. Dex

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    what about dark cave,tojho falls and sliver cave?am I the only on who remembers them

They can be added with new Pokémon too or used to evolve certain types, it isn't all confirmed as yet. No one has forgotten them because they were mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    They wouldn't make a HG/SS manga because if they only remake the game but don't add some more features or new places to explore, then HG/SS would be similar to the G/S/C manga, almost the same, since it has the same characters, same people...

As in FR/LG,, they added the Sevii Islands and the manga was based of them.

In this, people's opinions doesn't matter: If they don't have ideas to base the manga, then no manga for us.

I'm really sure they will add a new zone post-Kanto. I'm not really sure of what happened to Giovanni. Maybe I just don't remeber. Anyway, the story with the Team Rocket is surely continued in somewhere else. They always can do that. And obviously the Manga would take this new zone as the theater of operations for Gold and whoever that new Girl is (I really wonder where in the world Kris would be then).
    Maybe the Plot will involve Arceus as much FR/LG manga involved Deoxys. Seems to be the case.

Back on topic, we're possibly getting new formes. Shellos and Gastrodon are a given. Manaphy could be, but I doubt since it was the same in Sinnoh and Fiore.
    Shaymin can get a new forme once again, or not. Maybe the white rock just is triggered with Oak's Letter like it did in DPPt and nothing else. We go to the island and catch the furball.
    Deoxys in Johto/Kanto switch between Attack and Defense formes according to manga. Not sure wich forme is for wich region. But no new Deoxys forme in this game I think.

For evolutions: just no. To evolve them, if they are item-related you may get them post-E4, or post-Red; and if they're zone-related you have to trade them to DPPt.

Years
    I find it hard to believe Shaymin will get new forms once again. If heatrun will be featured in the 12th movies, don't be surprised if we'll catch him after defeating red in one of the caves, or in a new island.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think since this is only a remake that there should be those two rocks for Leafeon and Glaceon after you beat the Elite Four. To get to those two rocks maybe there can be an extension in the game like in Emerald?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they added in the Moss Rock and Ice Rock to the game, I would do it somewhere in the Ice cave in one of the Sevii Islands and perhaps the Viridian Forest as well. Just to get the new Eeveelutions without having to go through the hassle of trading with DPPt all the time.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    An Ice Cave would be pretty cool. A forest will still suit Leafeon anyhow.

Back