• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    And even if you could get a shellos in HGSS and kanto and johto had their own forms and then you traded it to DPP it would probably be like this

Johto = West shellos
    Kanto = East shellos

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged the thread on whether Shellos will get another form or not in HG/SS with this pre-existing thread which includes discussion on Pokemon possibly getting alternate forms (or formes - the 'e' makes all the difference, apparently!) in HG/SS.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Nope, it's merely stated that Shellos has the two different forms in a region. The colours are not formes per se, but rather, they're just different depending on where you saw/caught it. It's just colour variants, really.

Like said so come. The color of the shellos depends on where it is located along with its shape. So, in East and West of Sinnoh it has two different colors and shapes because it is found in two different areas. The main reason why Shellos was given two forms here is because of Mt. Coronet's long range splitting the region basically in half. So, it is probably that there can be new forms for Shellos in the remakes [if Game Freak sticks to its PokéDex entries, which doesn't always happen].

However, like I said I wouldn't think of it as impossible, but there is a slight chance of it happening and/or not happening. The reason why is because not only of the PokéDex entry, but because a Pokémon does not have to be bounded withinn its specific region. They can be located anywhere and the previous games have proven so. Actually, people say that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza don't belong in Johto, but yet they are there now. So, saying Shellos or Gastrodon don't belong here is kind of redundant.

Also, here are some of the anime, and DP PokéDex entries I found on Bublapedia:

Anime: Shellos, the Sea Slug Pokémon. Shellos' shape and color varies depending on where it lives, two different varieties have been confirmed in the Sinnoh Region.

Diamond: Its color and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed.

Pearl: It lives along bodies of water. Its body shape has changed to suit its habitat.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    Regarding the Eeveelutions, I could see them finding locations in Johto or Kanto for the ice and moss rocks after you get the National Dex. Maybe a new area will open up in the Ice Cave with the ice rock? And maybe the moss rock could be in the Ilex forest? Sorry if this has been debated already, but I didn't want to go through all the posts.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Regarding the Eeveelutions, I could see them finding locations in Johto or Kanto for the ice and moss rocks after you get the National Dex. Maybe a new area will open up in the Ice Cave with the ice rock? And maybe the moss rock could be in the Ilex forest? Sorry if this has been debated already, but I didn't want to go through all the posts.

:D It has been gone through before here, but it is all the worthwhile seeing as though they are new evolutions from the originals. However, the idea you've stated, the Ice Rock being located within Ice Cave and the Moss Rock being situated in Ilex Forest is what many believe may happen. However, if done so, then the rocks may not appear until after the National Dex is obtained in these areas because of how we obtain an Eevee before the National Dex.

Although, there is another chance of having the Ice Rock in Seafoam Islands of Kanto and the Moss Rock in Viridian Forest of Kanto. These are also another two suitable locations for us to obtain Eevee's two new types, Leafeon and Glaceon. The same goes for the topic on Nosepass and Magneton as well, but this has also been discussed on how it may work out. Not to forget the Rotom forms as well.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Like said so come. The color of the shellos depends on where it is located along with its shape. So, in East and West of Sinnoh it has two different colors and shapes because it is found in two different areas. The main reason why Shellos was given two forms here is because of Mt. Coronet's long range splitting the region basically in half. So, it is probably that there can be new forms for Shellos in the remakes [if Game Freak sticks to its PokéDex entries, which doesn't always happen].

However, like I said I wouldn't think of it as impossible, but there is a slight chance of it happening and/or not happening. The reason why is because not only of the PokéDex entry, but because a Pokémon does not have to be bounded withinn its specific region. They can be located anywhere and the previous games have proven so. Actually, people say that Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza don't belong in Johto, but yet they are there now. So, saying Shellos or Gastrodon don't belong here is kind of redundant.

Also, here are some of the anime, and DP PokéDex entries I found on Bublapedia:

I could see them just screwing us on a technicality by choosing to use the Pearl entry and forgetting that the others exist.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Maybe Pokemon like Deoxys will be able to be changed in Hg/Ss. As for old Pokemon evolving into new ones, don't hold your breath. You should expect all 493 Pokemon, and you should also expect the Pokemon you used to find in GSC to appear in Hg/Ss. I don't think we'll be finding Gen4 Pokemon in the new games, except for a few legendaries.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Maybe Pokemon like Deoxys will be able to be changed in Hg/Ss. As for old Pokemon evolving into new ones, don't hold your breath. You should expect all 493 Pokemon, and you should also expect the Pokemon you used to find in GSC to appear in Hg/Ss. I don't think we'll be finding Gen4 Pokemon in the new games, except for a few legendaries.

New Deoxys forms would be nice to have again, but only if they don't overdue the idea in which the concept of Deoxys is ruined. However, if any new forms were to be made, then more than likely when traded back to DPPt it will revert back into its normal form most; although it is hard to think up what new form can be made for Deoxys next. So, this can work, but again, we'll see what happens.

As for your statement on 4th Generation Pokémon, I wouldn't say that we may not find any within the game. Like you've said there will be the Sinnoh legends we will have a chance to obtain within the game, but I'm certain there may be more opportunities other than this. The reason why is because there are quite a few 2nd Generation Pokémon who have connections with their new 4th Gen evolutions. So, with this being said, we can at least suspect some trainers [after the National Dex is obtained] to have some of the newer generation Pokémon. Not to forget, the Elite Four itself and Gyms in a rematch might as well be given newer Pokémon to update their old rosters too. So, we may just get to see some of the newer Pokémon around later on in the game and possible some 3rd and 4th Generation wild Pokémon too.

As for any new Pokémon entirely, then no. I wouldn't expect this until the newest generation comes out within the next year or two.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    If there is a loving, kind God somewhere, then there will be no 4th Gen evolutions in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

I say it's best to keep those foul things where they belong.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i dont think there would be gen 4 pokemon in this one its not a new region its just a remake they didnt add new pokemon in fr and lg..so i dont think they would put new pokemon in this one. Lets get lost together put the entry up and it says there are only two types confirmed in the sinnoh region so its a possiblilty there could be more in different regions.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If there is a loving, kind God somewhere, then there will be no 4th Gen evolutions in Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

Now, I wouldn't expect any Hoenn or Sinnoh Pokémon to appear within Johto during the main storyline of the game. I only see this happening for at least Hoenn Pokémon more likely over Sinnoh to appear after the National Dex is obtained. However, it would be a given to see at least the Gyms and Elites have a few of the Fourth Generation Pokémon if they allow rematches in the game like what was done in FRLG and Platinum.

i dont think there would be gen 4 pokemon in this one its not a new region its just a remake they didnt add new pokemon in fr and lg..so i dont think they would put new pokemon in this one. Lets get lost together put the entry up and it says there are only two types confirmed in the sinnoh region so its a possiblilty there could be more in different regions.

Yes, the entries I put up on Shellos and Gastrodon, it does say only two have been found. This is one basic reason why I don't think it is impossible to have at least two new forms show up for this line of Pokémon. If, for say at least Deoxys can obtain a new form, then who isn't to say Shellos cannot recieve one nevertheless. So, I haven't shrugged the idea completely off, but I don't have extreme high hopes for it to come either as anything is really possible to happen.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022

I like the concepts of Generation four , but the designs for some really suck , like Bidoof.

Alternate forms are possible,like Shellos, Rotom or Deoxys but new evolutions, wait for Generation 5.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    oooo my bad i was talking about gen 5 opps but we were talking about gen 4....yeah i dont think there would be any in there until you beat the game and get the national pokedex

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

THANK YOU! SOMEONE THAT AGREES
    Well I dont agree with the God thing, but they should just leave the evolutions alone and worry about the 5th generation when it comes to that and most of all they should worry about making a Pre-evolution of Kangaskhan and make it evolve at level 15-30 or by some type parent love (having Kangaskhan in your party while rasing the joey)

:t354:TG

The Moss rock while training near it makes Eevee evolve into a Leafeon instead of making it use a leaf stone to make it evolve, stupid Pokemon and the Ice Rock while training around it makes Eevee evolve into a Glaceon. The question is, if they ever put these rocks in the game, where do you think these rocks will go?

Ice rock can go into the Ice Cave and as for the moss rock, I'm having the slightest clue

:t354:TG

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    too late.

on topic, i think Moss Rock will go in the Illex forest or whatever its called

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I agree with the topic creator. ice rock in the caves. the mossy rock might even be in viridian forest.(assuming kanto is in the game)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Moss rock will be maybe in ilex forest and ice rock maybe in Ice path.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The icy rock will most-likely be in the Sea Foam Islands, while the mossy rock will be in Viridian Forrest.
    Having them before the E4 wouldn't make sense, as Leafeon and Glacion were not in the Johto Dex.

Isn't there a thread about this already?

Back