• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Ayselipera

Like others are saying I think Mt. Silver
    will be able to evolve Probopass and Magnezone.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
    I think that evolution that was based off of area will not be the case in these games:
    Probopass, Magnezone: Requred that you go to Mt.Coronet, for the Magnetic field: chip a stone from the Mountian, and use its magnetic propoties to evolve said pokemons.
    Leafeon: Required that you go to the Eterna Forest, for the Moss Rock: Chip a stone from the Rock, use its proporties to evolve said pokemon.
    Glaceon: Required that you go to Route 217 for the Ice Rock: Chip a stone from the Rock, use its proporties to evolve said pokemon.
    If they include them at all....

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged topic on Magnezone and Probopass here, as this thread already exists for discussing how some evolutions will occue and all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    I think for gastros it would be johto for west kanto for east. there simply put

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think for gastros it would be johto for west kanto for east. there simply put

You know, at first I had thought why not a East Gastrodon for Johto and a West Gastrodon. Then, I recently started hearing about this idea and how better fitted it seemed for the game. If there were to be added Shellos/Gastrodon forms, then I think having a Johto form and Kanto form would be the best option. It'll keep the whole concept of it from extending too far. Not to mention, Johto is basically one region together, while Sinnoh is one region, but the large Mt. Coronet splits it apart. So, the idea of a Kanto and Johto Shellos/Gastrodon idea seems a lot better. The only matter is if we'll get the new forms first.

Who knows...Which legendaries will be catchable?

According to recent scans, there is going to be an array of different legendaries added into the remakes. They range from the original Johto legendaries to now Hoenn and Sinnoh legendaries as well. However, for me, I would like it to keep the legendaries as they are now. Shaymin and Giratina was enough, but to keep it going now I think would be a little too far with it. I'd rather wait for a new generation for this idea though [at the least].

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    If there were new Shellos/Gastrodon, how would they change when you transfer to DPPt? It'd be a little weird if both forms changed to one form when transferred, and if they each correspond to one in DPPt... then why not just make those the forms available in HgSs? It's not a bad thought, it's just the whole transfer-to-DPPt thing complicates new forms a little.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If there were new Shellos/Gastrodon, how would they change when you transfer to DPPt? It'd be a little weird if both forms changed to one form when transferred, and if they each correspond to one in DPPt... then why not just make those the forms available in HgSs? It's not a bad thought, it's just the whole transfer-to-DPPt thing complicates new forms a little.

This is what a lot of people ask as well. More than likely, if a new form is made for Gastrodon and it goes by East for Kanto and West for Johto, then it wouldn't be so hard to think of how it can revert when traded back into DPPT. For example, if you have a Gastrodon that is from Johto [West], then when traded back to the DPPt games it can simply revert to the West Sinnoh form. The samething would happen for the Kanto [East] as if it were to be traded into DPPt, then it would simply revert to the East side form. There are ways of doing things where they can work, however you just need to think of those possibilities. This is just one thought that I came up with though, and it could work, but we'll see if a new form of the Shellos line is even put into the remakes.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I think there could be a held item to evolve magneton and nosepass; something like "lodestone" and level up while holding said item to evolve.

Shaymin = White Rock on route 25 mentioned by prof oak in DPPt
    Darkrai (if he is included) = Dark Cave, personally i though it was a bit neglected

As for Leafeon and Glaceon, more rocks seem likely, or perhaps a held item in a similar vein to the above magnet theory, perhaps a chip of the sinnoh stones... damn, someone beat me to that : (

Years
    This is what a lot of people ask as well. More than likely, if a new form is made for Gastrodon and it goes by East for Kanto and West for Johto, then it wouldn't be so hard to think of how it can revert when traded back into DPPT. For example, if you have a Gastrodon that is from Johto [West], then when traded back to the DPPt games it can simply revert to the West Sinnoh form. The samething would happen for the Kanto [East] as if it were to be traded into DPPt, then it would simply revert to the East side form. There are ways of doing things where they can work, however you just need to think of those possibilities. This is just one thought that I came up with though, and it could work, but we'll see if a new form of the Shellos line is even put into the remakes.

On bulbapedia, they have another gastrodon/shellos sprite on platinum, pearl and diamond, but it is currently unused/unobtainable, so that sprite will probably be the shellos/gastrodon sprite for johto

Last edited:

skittle021

Professional Trader
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    i think they should make Eevee Evole to Leafeon with a Leaf stone and make Glacion evolve with an Ice Stone.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i think they should make Eevee Evole to Leafeon with a Leaf stone and make Glacion evolve with an Ice Stone.

This is one idea that makes the evolution simple for the two new Eeveelutions [Glaceon & Leafeon]. However, DPPt never had coding or introduced the item Ice Stone, so because of compatability issues, this idea wouldn't work. The reason why is because the evolution stones are able to be held and with this, they can also be traded.

So, the best thing to simply do without the hassle of contant trading or uneeded items is to simply place the Moss Rock and Ice Rock in a fixed location. The best place for it of course might be in Kanto, this way we wouldn't be able to obtain the new Eeveelutions before the National Dex. Also, there was an idea of unlocking an area within Ilex Forest and Ice Path after obtaining the National Dex. The new unlocked area in Ilex Forest and Ice Path can have the Moss and Ice Rock located within them. However, I find it easier just to place it in Kanto. This way it is less of a trouble and will give the Kanto region more of something to expand by. Still, I think the new evolutions for the 4th Generation Pokémon will be sorted out easily once the game is out.

Sainthell

Look at my awesome ki power.
    Years
    Maybe the evolutions of eevee would be like Sneasel and that other pokemon (forgot name >_<)
    you make eevee hold the Ice/leaf stone,
    level him/her up,
    and done!!!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Why does it have to be after the E4 though? They might not make it so only 1-251 are obtainable pre-E4 (which I hope they don't, because I thought it was stupid to stop your Pokemon from evolving just because it wasn't available in the dex yet), and since Eevee is available halfway or less through the story, it'd make sense to let you use all of its evolutions once you got it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Maybe the evolutions of eevee would be like Sneasel and that other pokemon (forgot name >_<)
    you make eevee hold the Ice/leaf stone,
    level him/her up,
    and done!!!

The thing about the held items is that you are still including new items that can be traded to DPPt. Seeing as DPPt has no information on an item such as the Ice Stone, it wouldn't match up as planned. So, to simply put it, easily placing the Moss Rock and Ice Rock in a set location would be the best route to go. It won't cause confusion and it isn't a hard task to complete either. It is basically doing the samething as holding an item, except there is no item to actually be held and you have to go to only one location for the new evolutions of Eevee to be obtained into the game. However, no one is absolutely sure on how this will turn out, so I can't say exactly if they'll do it like this either.

Why does it have to be after the E4 though? They might not make it so only 1-251 are obtainable pre-E4 (which I hope they don't, because I thought it was stupid to stop your Pokemon from evolving just because it wasn't available in the dex yet), and since Eevee is available halfway or less through the story, it'd make sense to let you use all of its evolutions once you got it.

The reason why I stated after the Elite Four is because it will be after the Elite Four. If you look at recent scans and you view the ones with the PokéDex you will notice the order used and the numbered Pokémon situated within the PokéDex. With this being said, it only stuck to the original 251 Pokémon at first and did not include the newer generations as yet. So, by speculations and details from scans it would be safe to assume that the newer generation Pokémon will not appear until after the National Dex is obtained unlike the originals.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    To be honest, that sucks. I can maybe see the logic in not having New Gen wild pokemon, but why the hell can't I evolve my Magneton or breed my Marill?

That is a good point that I've only just realised actually. If you bred your Marill/Sudowoodo/Wobuffet before the Elite Four/National Dex, what would hatch in the egg? It really wouldn't make any sense if baby pokemon didn't hatch.

Years
    Deoxys - Meh. Different form, different stats, same sprite. Happened in FR/LG battling R/S.

Shellos / Gastroden - Definately different forms to suit Kanto / Jhoto.

Unown - What form could it possibly take? Numbers? Weird characters? Full stops? Commas? ... Not really.

Rotom - Not sure. What happens when Platinum battles with Diamond / Pearl? Possible forms: Toilet = Poison, Car = Steel, etc.

Though, probably DPPt will be able to "wifi update" on DSi systems, or maybe a DSi version 2... idk what Nintendo wants to do XD

Also, Think about GSC trading with RBY, there can be "invalid" trade pokemon aswell.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    The thing about the held items is that you are still including new items that can be traded to DPPt. Seeing as DPPt has no information on an item such as the Ice Stone, it wouldn't match up as planned. So, to simply put it, easily placing the Moss Rock and Ice Rock in a set location would be the best route to go. It won't cause confusion and it isn't a hard task to complete either. It is basically doing the samething as holding an item, except there is no item to actually be held and you have to go to only one location for the new evolutions of Eevee to be obtained into the game. However, no one is absolutely sure on how this will turn out, so I can't say exactly if they'll do it like this either.

The reason why I stated after the Elite Four is because it will be after the Elite Four. If you look at recent scans and you view the ones with the PokéDex you will notice the order used and the numbered Pokémon situated within the PokéDex. With this being said, it only stuck to the original 251 Pokémon at first and did not include the newer generations as yet. So, by speculations and details from scans it would be safe to assume that the newer generation Pokémon will not appear until after the National Dex is obtained unlike the originals.
    I don't think so, the Griseous Orb in Platinum had no data in Diamond and Pearl, but you can still trade the Pokemon which is attaching the orb. Or they could restrict the Player which item can be brought or not in the Union Room.

Hmm... 251 Pokemon does not mean you can not evolve them into 4th-gen Pokemon. (Example, which is my case) I had Eevee before obtaining the National dex in Diamond, it still evolve into Leafeon. So I think the case will be similar.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Deoxys - Meh. Different form, different stats, same sprite. Happened in FR/LG battling R/S.

Shellos / Gastroden - Definately different forms to suit Kanto / Jhoto.

Unown - What form could it possibly take? Numbers? Weird characters? Full stops? Commas? ... Not really.

Rotom - Not sure. What happens when Platinum battles with Diamond / Pearl? Possible forms: Toilet = Poison, Car = Steel, etc.

Rotom doesn't change type with its forms, it only changes what move it learns (Blizzard for refrigerator, Overheat for microwave, Air Slash for fan etc.)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I don't think so, the Griseous Orb in Platinum had no data in Diamond and Pearl, but you can still trade the Pokemon which is attaching the orb. Or they could restrict the Player which item can be brought or not in the Union Room.

Hmm... 251 Pokemon does not mean you can not evolve them into 4th-gen Pokemon. (Example, which is my case) I had Eevee before obtaining the National dex in Diamond, it still evolve into Leafeon. So I think the case will be similar.

The thing about the Griseous Orb in Platinum is that even though Giratina may hold it to change forms, it will go back to your bag. The items itself cannot be traded into Diamond nor Pearl. So with this being said, the Griseous Orb is like a key item so it cannot be traded but only used for switching Giratina's form.

As for the whole Leafeon and Eevee thought, the thing with DPPt is that we are allowed to trade in the Pokémon from any generation into the game. So, the PokéDex is not restricted in these games, but like FRLG I wouldn't be surprised if it is done in which we cannot allow any new generation Pokémon to be accessed until the National Dex itself is obtained. Personally though, just to keep it easier for the games and the player I would rather the Moss Rock and Ice Rock be placed in the fitting location for them. Also, with the Rotom forms, my guess goes that in the Kanto Power plant is where we may have the ability to change its different forms and moves like in Platinum.

Back