• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pokemon HeartGold & Soul Silver Alternate Forms

It can only be expected that we will see a few since we have been graced with them in every new game basically since the GBA games. Its very likely even though it would hurt the hearts of many, it will give the remakes even more flavor and can help them compete with the success od Pokemon Platinum. Its a trend that was recieved quite well and I dont see them stopping.

Ho oh & Lugia - I personally think they will get them most certainly. Heart form and Soul form if you will? Just a fancy way to redistribute their stats and give them new edgy designs.

Suicune - Northern Wind form?

Rotom - Less likely but their are so many more appliances in the world and unused types that the Pokemon could characterize.

Castform - Sand form. The idea is still out there and Sandstorms are officially a weather effect arent they?

Deoxys - Highly speculated but I dont see where it would gain its stat difference from. HP maybe?

Shellos & Gastrodon - Its been confirmed that their designs differ region to region.

All of these ideas could easily be done when you think about it.

Do you guys approve of the idea or resent it? What are your ideas on some of the forms that we should expect?

Last edited:

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
    I could see the Rotom and Castform thing happening. I wouldn't be totally opposed. I mean it is a new game after all. If it were exactly the same to the T it would be pointless to buy if you already own the original GSC even if it does mean better graphics.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Threads merged here. Given the old thread already had decent discussion and can still be discussed some more.
    It can only be expected that we will see a few since we have been graced with them in every new game basically since the GBA games. Its very likely even though it would hurt the hearts of many, it will give the remakes even more flavor and can help them compete with the success od Pokemon Platinum. Its a trend that was recieved quite well and I dont see them stopping.

Ho oh & Lugia - I personally think they will get them most certainly. Heart form and Soul form if you will? Just a fancy way to redistribute their stats and give them new edgy designs.

Suicune - Northern Wind form?

Rotom - Less likely but their are so many more appliances in the world and unused types that the Pokemon could characterize.

Castform - Sand form. The idea is still out there and Sandstorms are officially a weather effect arent they?

Deoxys - Highly speculated but I dont see where it would gain its stat difference from. HP maybe?

Shellos & Gastrodon - Its been confirmed that their designs differ region to region.

All of these ideas could easily be done when you think about it.

Do you guys approve of the idea or resent it? What are your ideas on some of the forms that we should expect?
    Myself, I'm sceptical of there being many formes about, if any. Lugia and Ho-oh, for instance... just don't really strike me as Pokemon to go about have different formes just like that - and given that they have been around for a good while, it'd seem a bit strange that suddenly they happen to have a forme. =/ Same for Suicune (or any of the dogs); such things would seem to be essentially changing what the Pokemon are and have been established as, really - can't see myself supporting such a thing if it came about.

Rotom formes, I might see, but still a bit doubtful over seeing new ones (there's already 5, and IDK if there'd be much relavance in having new ones for it in Johto/Kanto... far away from Sinnoh and Charon).

Deoxys doesn't really need another form/e either, tbh... and that would, I believe, mean that this forme wouldn't be accessible in D/P/Pt, given the metorites there and all? Castform gaining a Sand form... that's debatable - unsure if this'd happen givent hat they haven't actually bothered to thus far - and how would that work if you used it in a Sandstorm against someone with D/P/Pt? Not sure if that's quite possible - probably could work but there's a bit of a gray area too. (And to be technical, another weather effect from the move 'Shadow Sky' in Pokemon XD did not affect Castform's... form either).

Shellos & Gastrodon seem to have the strongest case, but there's I'm still uncertain of... it is true that there are other sprites for them in D/P/Pt's coding, but it is thought that they are merely beta sprites left in. And I can easily see it that their form stays the same no matter where they are moved to - just depends on what side of Sinnoh they were born in and all...

In all, I'm doubtful we'll actually get any new formes or the such, and not that supportive of them as well. But that's just me, and also, we'll just have to wait and see.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Threads merged here. Given the old thread already had decent discussion and can still be discussed some more.
    Myself, I'm sceptical of there being many formes about, if any. Lugia and Ho-oh, for instance... just don't really strike me as Pokemon to go about have different formes just like that - and given that they have been around for a good while, it'd seem a bit strange that suddenly they happen to have a forme. =/ Same for Suicune (or any of the dogs); such things would seem to be essentially changing what the Pokemon are and have been established as, really - can't see myself supporting such a thing if it came about.

Rotom formes, I might see, but still a bit doubtful over seeing new ones (there's already 5, and IDK if there'd be much relavance in having new ones for it in Johto/Kanto... far away from Sinnoh and Charon).

Deoxys doesn't really need another form/e either, tbh... and that would, I believe, mean that this forme wouldn't be accessible in D/P/Pt, given the metorites there and all? Castform gaining a Sand form... that's debatable - unsure if this'd happen givent hat they haven't actually bothered to thus far - and how would that work if you used it in a Sandstorm against someone with D/P/Pt? Not sure if that's quite possible - probably could work but there's a bit of a gray area too. (And to be technical, another weather effect from the move 'Shadow Sky' in Pokemon XD did not affect Castform's... form either).

Shellos & Gastrodon seem to have the strongest case, but there's I'm still uncertain of... it is true that there are other sprites for them in D/P/Pt's coding, but it is thought that they are merely beta sprites left in. And I can easily see it that their form stays the same no matter where they are moved to - just depends on what side of Sinnoh they were born in and all...

In all, I'm doubtful we'll actually get any new formes or the such, and not that supportive of them as well. But that's just me, and also, we'll just have to wait and see.

I have considered all of this but there is still a feeling inside of me that says otherwise. If they are not afraid to give classic Pokemon new evolutions and pre-evolutions am sure they would give some alternate forms.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I don't think there will be too many new formes.

Perhaps a new Deoxys form but not much else.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    You will be able to trade them (means, this Pokemon, which are integrated in HG/SS) easily, i think.
    In HG/SS possibly Moss Rock is located in the Ilex Forest and Icy Rock in the Icy Path. When you want Shaymin in HG/SS, you surely have to trade it from D/P/PT (in Land or in Sky Form), because the main Legendarys in HG/SS are Lugia, Ho-Oh, (eventually Celebi) and Raikou, Entei, Suicune, not any other-Generation-Legendarys. Nosepass, Magneton could be possibly evolved near the Power Plant, because of the magnetism source.
    I think in HG/SS there will be no meteorits for changing Deoxys' form, but if however, the most obvious location are the Ruins of Alph.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    For Glaceon, the Ice Rock will probably have another counterpart in the Ice path. It's perfect there.

For Leafeon, the Moss Rock will probably have another counterpart in the Ilex Forest. It's perfect there.

For Magneton and Nosepass, the new source of magnetism would best be near the Power plant in Kanto. You just have to level up in the grass just outside the Power Plant.
    But another source of this magnetism could be in the Team Rocket base, just where there is a strip of traps which make wild Pokemon appear.

Shaymin's Gracedia Flower could just simply be given by some other person, as simple as that!

For Deoxys, rocks like that could be placed around Ruins of alph. Even though Deoxys is not related to the ruins, the rocks being there seems to be a better fit than the other places.

There will not be any new formes for Shellos and Gastrodon - since their formes actually count as a different Pokemon, and their formes cannot be changed. So, if there was a new forme for it, it couldn't be traded to D/P/Pt.

Last edited:

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
    I'll agree with everyone else and say that they'll put counterparts to the Moss and Icy Rocks somewhere in Johto or Kanto. But I have no idea why they'd put them in Johto unless they altered the Johto Pokedex to include all those new evolutions. So I think the moss rock being in Viridian Forest and the Icy Rock in the Seafoam Islands would be a better bet. This is of course, assuming that those areas aren't cut down as in G/S/C. And Mt. Silver, not being accessible until after Kanto, would be perfect for Nosepass and Magneton.

But as for the move evolution Pokemon, I'd say that they can still learn their moves, but won't be able to evolve. Think FR/LG when you had, say, a Golbat and it tried to evolve but couldn't? I'm thinking something similar will happen here.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For Glaceon, the Ice Rock will probably have another counterpart in the Ice path. It's perfect there.

For Leafeon, the Moss Rock will probably have another counterpart in the Ilex Forest. It's perfect there.

For Magneton and Nosepass, the new source of magnetism would best be near the Power plant in Kanto. You just have to level up in the grass just outside the Power Plant.
    But another source of this magnetism could be in the Team Rocket base, just where there is a strip of traps which make wild Pokemon appear.

Shaymin's Gracedia Flower could just simply be given by some other person, as simple as that!

For Deoxys, rocks like that could be placed around Ruins of alph. Even though Deoxys is not related to the ruins, the rocks being there seems to be a better fit than the other places.

There will not be any new formes for Shellos and Gastrodon - since their formes actually count as a different Pokemon, and their formes cannot be changed. So, if there was a new forme for it, it couldn't be traded to D/P/Pt.

Now, the Ice Rock and Moss Rock has two different locations where they can be found. Ilex Forest and Viridian Forest are two possible places for the Moss Rock. While on the other hand, Seafoam Islands and the Ice Cave are two other locations for the Ice Rock. The dependent factor on where it is placed is really the uniform of the Pokédex as we do get Eevee in the Johto Region. Seeing as if an Eevee is near one of these locations and simply levels up, then it'll evolve too early, and stopping them from evolving near the rock just because we don't have the National Pokédex simply defeats the purpose of the rocks.

I agree with Nosepass and Magneton as the Power Plant and Mt. Silver come later on in the game. Except, for Nosepass it'll either be caught in the game through swarm, PokéReadar or simply be available, depending on if the remakes take this factor from what was introduced in DPPt.

Shaymin's Gracidea Flower, yes they can simply add someone in to give it to us. More than likely a floral person after we show them we have a Shaymin that comes from Sinnoh, or something along those lines.

Deoxys, could get new forms here. As it can simply revert back to another form afterwards when being changed.

As for Shellos and Gastrodon, this is at the edge for me. As it can be a possible factor seeing as what the Pokédex says. Plus, it was once said Shellos was originall supposed to be placed in RSE instead of DPPt, but never happened. Seeing so, they can possible have a new Shellos and Gastrodon form and work their way around the compatability reasons, but we'll see.

I'll agree with everyone else and say that they'll put counterparts to the Moss and Icy Rocks somewhere in Johto or Kanto. But I have no idea why they'd put them in Johto unless they altered the Johto Pokedex to include all those new evolutions. So I think the moss rock being in Viridian Forest and the Icy Rock in the Seafoam Islands would be a better bet. This is of course, assuming that those areas aren't cut down as in G/S/C. And Mt. Silver, not being accessible until after Kanto, would be perfect for Nosepass and Magneton.

But as for the move evolution Pokemon, I'd say that they can still learn their moves, but won't be able to evolve. Think FR/LG when you had, say, a Golbat and it tried to evolve but couldn't? I'm thinking something similar will happen here.

Counterparts are very likely, and I think they have a bit slighter chance of appearing in Seafoam Islands and Viridian Forest over Ilex Forest and the Ice Cave. You have a point there as it depends on what they plan on doing with the new PokéDex of Johto. I doubt however that these locations will be cut as they are important and needed to catch certain Pokémon and gain certain items in the game.

For the new evolutions, I possibly see them stopping randomly like it was done in FRLG. It'll keep the game from a drastic change and stick to some Johto basics. Of course, GameFreak has the privilage to do as they choose, but I'm hoping that receiving the new evolutions isn't too early, but rather left for us to do a side quest to access trading abaility with DPPt [something similar to which we had to do in FRLG before trading with RSE].

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
    I think that HGSS has to be like FRLG meaning that Glaceon and Leafeon won't be available unless you trade them over from Diamond and Pearl or get them off of the GTS. Gen III and IV Pokemon should not be available unless you trade them. To evolve Magneton and Probopass you should have to trade them from you're game over to Diamond or Pearl and level them up at the respective locations.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    in like 90 percent sure they will put new forms for shellos and gastrodon and i think thats all that will be different

Ayselipera

For Glaceon and Leafeon they will probably
    just move the rocks over to future games.
    As for pokemon like Magnezone and Probopass
    I'm not sure. I think Nintendo made a mistake
    by making some pokemon only able to evolve in
    certain regions. Who knows though they could
    just make it that they can evolve in any mountain.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Deoxys - As of Veilstone City's rocks, new rocks can be somewhere in Johto, Kanto or whatever region they'll include, and so, you could change your Deoxys form anytime. It is not probable that a new form will be implemented, as all the others can be get without an item, this one should not be different, and so, it would be unobtainable on the other games.

Shaymin
    - If you can see the Potion from Cianwood on Sinnoh, you can also see the Gracidea Flower (or how it is spelt) on Johto. Simple, huh? The same thing is said for possible Arceus issues.

Mantyke
    - Nothing will be changed on Mantyke in my honest opinion. The same thing has been said to Arbok, and (although the marks changed from gen. to gen.) their marks have been the same in every region. So, that said from the Pokédex is just to make us (players) believe that there's a whole world and not only a region.

Shellos/Gastrodon - There are unused sprites for them on the DPPt data I guess, so who knows. Although there are no front sprites so it makes me think that we'll get the same east / west forms, and there's nothing wrong with that, as Johto (I mean, as every region) has East and West sides. Plus, Johto could have one form, and Kanto the other one. Want better?

Leafion/Glaceon - There could be new rocks somewhere in Johto. And you'll say that so Eevee can evolve before the Dex gets improved. For that there's Kanto.
    (And also pointing out that the first 2 gens are in the Johto Dex, it wouldn't be surprising if they re-organize the Dex and put some pokémons from new generations like those 2 there.)

Magnezone/Probopass
    - Just think. They are both magnetic Pokémons (in case you didn't notice), and so, Mt Coronet is not the only place in the (pokémon) world which has special magnetic fields. Now think again. Think of a place like a mountain or a group of them and now of those mountains think of one which separates something (as Mt.Coronet) and which can only be acessed after the Elite4 (to be unable to obtain them before the Dex Upgrade). That's it, Mt.Silver, which is a mountain (a big one), that separates 2 regions (in a certain way) and you only go there after the elite 4 beating.

Azurill/Wynaut/Mismagius/Magmortar/Togekiss and some others -They all need items to evolve, and those items won't be avaliable untill you defeat the Elite4 (So they may be on Kanto).

Lickilicky/Mamoswine - I've seen these names somewhere in this topic, so just to don't create issues i'll give my opinion. On generation III games, you couldn't evolve Golbat to Crobat (Hapiness method) untill you defeated the Elite4, could you? Now just change the Pokémon names and the evolving method.

As for new forms, Unown and Legend Pókemons are the most probable (although there are only 6, being 3 of them a trio).

Note that this is MY OPINION, pure speculation.

Last edited:

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
    Deoxys - As of Veilstone City's rocks, new rocks can be somewhere in Johto, Kanto or whatever region they'll include, and so, you could change your Deoxys form anytime. It is not probable that a new form will be implemented, as all the others can be get without an item, this one should not be different, and so, it would be unobtainable on the other games.

Shaymin - If you can see the Potion from Cianwood on Sinnoh, you can also see the Gracidea Flower (or how it is spelt) on Johto. Simple, huh? The same thing is said for possible Arceus issues.

Mantyke - Nothing will be changed on Mantyke in my honest opinion. The same thing has been said to Arbok, and (although the marks changed from gen. to gen.) their marks have been the same in every region. So, that said from the Pokédex is just to make us (players) believe that there's a whole world and not only a region.

Shellos/Gastrodon - There are unused sprites for them on the DPPt data I guess, so who knows. Although there are no front sprites so it makes me think that we'll get the same east / west forms, and there's nothing wrong with that, as Johto (I mean, as every region) has East and West sides. Plus, Johto could have one form, and Kanto the other one. Want better?

Leafion/Glaceon - There could be new rocks somewhere in Johto. And you'll say that so Eevee can evolve before the Dex gets improved. For that there's Kanto.
    (And also pointing out that the first 2 gens are in the Johto Dex, it wouldn't be surprising if they re-organize the Dex and put some pokémons from new generations like those 2 there.)

Magnezone/Probopass - Just think. They are both magnetic Pokémons (in case you didn't notice), and so, Mt Coronet is not the only place in the (pokémon) world which has special magnetic fields. Now think again. Think of a place like a mountain or a group of them and now of those mountains think of one which separates something (as Mt.Coronet) and which can only be acessed after the Elite4 (to be unable to obtain them before the Dex Upgrade). That's it, Mt.Silver, which is a mountain (a big one), that separates 2 regions (in a certain way) and you only go there after the elite 4 beating.

Azurill/Wynaut/Mismagius/Magmortar/Togekiss and some others -They all need items to evolve, and those items won't be avaliable untill you defeat the Elite4 (So they may be on Kanto).

Lickilicky/Mamoswine - I've seen these names somewhere in this topic, so just to don't create issues i'll give my opinion. On generation III games, you couldn't evolve Golbat to Crobat (Hapiness method) untill you defeated the Elite4, could you? Now just change the Pokémon names and the evolving method.

As for new forms, Unown and Legend Pókemons are the most probable (although there are only 6, being 3 of them a trio).

Note that this is MY OPINION, pure speculation.

Well, I think it would make sense if they´d just place those stones that make Deoxys to change it´s form somewhere into Kanto or Johto. After all that´s the way they did in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. It would also be really nice if Deoxys would get a new form, but more cool would be if Deoxys wouldn´t just change it form and also it´s type would change (like Shaymin does).
    And for Magnezone I have to say that it would make more sense if Magneton would evolve when leveled up in the Power Plant of Kanto region. It would make more sense than evolving in Mt. Silver.
    I wish that in these games you don´t have to trade all other region´s pokémon trough wifi or from friends like in FR/LG. : P

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, I think it would make sense if they´d just place those stones that make Deoxys to change it´s form somewhere into Kanto or Johto. After all that´s the way they did in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. It would also be really nice if Deoxys would get a new form, but more cool would be if Deoxys wouldn´t just change it form and also it´s type would change (like Shaymin does).
    And for Magnezone I have to say that it would make more sense if Magneton would evolve when leveled up in the Power Plant of Kanto region. It would make more sense than evolving in Mt. Silver.
    I wish that in these games you don´t have to trade all other region´s pokémon trough wifi or from friends like in FR/LG. : P

I'd like for them to add in the stones for altering the form of Deoxys. It was a lot simpler than having its forms as version exculsive. They can easily place its rocks either by the ruins or somewhere suitable as it'll fit [in a way]. The idea of it changing its type though isn't absolutely necessary. If it were to change type it'll on be available in that game, because just like Shaymin, if traded back to DP, it'll be its regular land form. Plus, it being a Psychic type fits. Though, by going with your idea, if it had to be another type and form, then I'd say Psychic/Steel would fit best in my own opinion.

As for the location of magneton and Nosepass on where to evolve, either it be Mt. Silver or the Power Plant, it doesn't really bother me. Though, having to trade just to make them evolve would be too much of a hassle for some other people; especially those who do not have DPPt. Though, the reason why they make these games needed with trade ability is so Nintendo and GameFreak earn their money the want to collect, and it is a smart way for them on doing it too.

By the way, on the previous topic with Leafeon and Glaceon. I'd rather them hold the Ice Rock and Moss Rock in the Seafoam Islands and Viridian Forest as it may hopefully persuade the game makers to allow the area to expand rather than how it was created smaller back in Gold and Silver.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    By the way, on the previous topic with Leafeon and Glaceon. I'd rather them hold the Ice Rock and Moss Rock in the Seafoam Islands and Viridian Forest as it may hopefully persuade the game makers to allow the area to expand rather than how it was created smaller back in Gold and Silver.

I thought about Viridian to the Moss Rock but I had no place which would fit the Ice Rock :D

Cameo said:
    A power plant does not have so much to do with magnetic stuff at all, though it is linked to electricity. Plus, Mt. Silver was an example, which fits (in my point of view) both Magneton and Nosepass.

Anyway, I just want to get out the idea that you (players) will have to trade every Pokémon because it evolves in an UNIQUE place, which is not true. Leafion and Glaceon are evolved near a Moss Rock and an Ice Rock respectivily, not just from the one in Eterna Forest and the one near Snowpoint. Same thing to Magneton and Probopass, they do not exclusivly evolve in Mt.Coronet, but they do in a certain magnetic place (as they're a magnet and a compass). (And I'll keep this idea till someone proves this wrong xD)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I thought about Viridian to the Moss Rock but I had no place which would fit the Ice Rock
    Ice Rock... the best candidate there would be in the Ice Path in Johto, have to say. If it were in Kanto then besides the Seaform Islands (if they expand that from GSC and all) would be the best bet... =/ Or a new, small place altogether.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Shellos's Pokedex entries states:
    Diamond's -
    Its color and shapes differ from region to region. In the Sinnoh region, two types are confirmed.

Pearl -
    It lives along bodies of water. Its body shape has changed to suit its habitat.

There is also unused sprites for Gastrodon and Shellos.
    Here is some pictures
    New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Back