• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I did wonder if they put leafeon and glaceon in the games, how they would evolve?
    But still.
    New formes would be a nice thing.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would leave new eeveeloutions for the next generation to come.

As for Probopass I wouldn't want an evolution for it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For probopass and such, they can either use the caves and such we'll have in HGSS or have to trade between DPPt...

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2011
    In g/s/c the safari zone is closed, because the owner is on vacation. So if you go to Elm after you beat the E4, you have to get something for him on an island that they added to HG/SS. Then you give the item or whatever to Elm and you get the national dex. Later, when you've arrived in Fuschia city, the daughter of the safari zone's owner tells you where her father is, on that new island. After you found him on that new island, the safari zone is opened again, where you can find some third and fourth generation pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    In g/s/c the safari zone is closed, because the owner is on vacation. So if you go to Elm after you beat the E4, you have to get something for him on an island that they added to HG/SS. Then you give the item or whatever to Elm and you get the national dex. Later, when you've arrived in Fuschia city, the daughter of the safari zone's owner tells you where her father is, on that new island. After you found him on that new island, the safari zone is opened again, where you can find some third and fourth generation pokemon.

That would be awesome, I like how you think. The safari zone would be a pretty cool place to have the third generation and fourth generation pokemon there.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013

That isn't actually a bad idea. It gives the game a bit more story for the Safari Zone and adding in the newer Gen pokémon as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2011
    Thanks for your positive reactions. The chances of getting a new island is big, and they could locate other third and fourth generation pokemon there too. I was also thinking about adding third and fourth generation to the Johto pokedex, but then it would be a
    look-a-like pokemon platinum. In D/P/Pt the found all kinds of ways to add pokemon from the national dex. They are creative enough to add such things.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It was a good idea and needed complimenting on...

Also, if they were to add in newer Gen Pokémon to the Johto after the Nat. Dex is obtained, then the bug catching competition needs to be updated after...

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • In g/s/c the safari zone is closed, because the owner is on vacation. So if you go to Elm after you beat the E4, you have to get something for him on an island that they added to HG/SS. Then you give the item or whatever to Elm and you get the national dex. Later, when you've arrived in Fuschia city, the daughter of the safari zone's owner tells you where her father is, on that new island. After you found him on that new island, the safari zone is opened again, where you can find some third and fourth generation pokemon.

It's bassically the same idea the guys at gscplatinum had for they remake. Except that the islands were the warden was on vacations were like lots of safari zones together.
    Anyway, I see this quest for open the Safari Zone happening :)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The new safari, if added in will most likely have those new generation Pokémon. They would probably redesign the entire safari or they would add in an extra zone to it like they did in Emerald after gaining the Nat. Pokédex.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Maybe for those who evolve by being in Mt Coronet, Evolving in Mt. Moon is a possibility because it wouldn't be part of the Johto dex so it would make sense to get it later on in the game

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hmm... Mantyke?

I wonder what Mantyke's pattern on it's back will look like in the Johto region?
    Any ideas? A real mystery... Lol!

~Gamehacker64~

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, I got a little confused, I never even heard of Mantyke's back changing. O_o

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Hmmm...

What!? You mean you don't know that Mantyke's pattern on it's back differ by region? Well I know because I read every detail of my Pokédex. This is what my Pokédex says on my Pearl version: "Scientists discovered that the distinctive patterns on its back differ by region."

Hmmm...

~Gamehacker64~

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i think they may just add new items and maybe the item magnet can have a new use to evolve them and for leafeon i think they should of just used a leaf stone like it even has leaf in the name

Years
  • A new Shellos forme, like yellow, would be cute. (Kanto Shellos? Or found in a mini-region?) It would end up looking like a Sinnoh forme when traded to D/P/P though, so they may not.

The Eevee rocks can be put in new rooms in the Ilex Forest and Ice Cave which are opened up once you get your NatDex. They can make Nosepass evolve anywhere they please, since it wasn't found in G/S/C. Magneton will probably need a new room opened up once you get the NatDex, since Magnetons don't normally evolve in either Kanto or Johto.

What!? You mean you don't know that Mantyke's pattern on it's back differ by region? Well I know because I read every detail of my Pokédex. This is what my Pokédex says on my Pearl version: "Scientists discovered that the distinctive patterns on its back differ by region."
    It might be nice, but you'd run into the same problem as Shellos--that the graphics for it aren't present on D/P/P. (They also said the same thing about Arbok's patterns, but it's never varied ingame.)

i think they may just add new items and maybe the item magnet can have a new use to evolve them and for leafeon i think they should of just used a leaf stone like it even has leaf in the name
    These all violate the Law of Conservation of Game Mechanics, and so won't be done. I know, I know, Lickitung and Piloswine can learn their evolution moves on GenIII. Shhh.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really wouldn't like it if they use a leaf stone to evolve Leafeon now the Magnet for Magneton. I prefer they simply choose a new spot for them in the Kanto or somewhere.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't think new stones would show up, as DPPt wouldn't have the coding for it. So, I'm guessing a new area would be the probable way Game Freak might take it.

Back