• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in.
  • Please note that the site will be down briefly around 10AM EST, 23 February, for planned maintenance.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Article: New Exclusive Z-Move for Kommo-o Revealed!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Well, this thing appears to be somewhat busted. As well as targeting both foes in doubles, it also raises all of Kommo-o's stats by 1. I can at least see this thing becoming a legitimate threat now that it's got a powerful Dragon-type nuke in its arsenal. Also, I like the new battle interface with the HP bars. Now just imagine if this thing got Baton Pass...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen today
Oh cool, something new for Smogon to ban.
While raising all of its stats might be broken and good for Kommo-o's viability, I'd have to wonder whether it's been given the right moves to really make it dangerous. Close Combat please GameFreak.

Years
Wow, this Z-Move will definitely be broken despite Kommo-o not being that great in competitive. Going by the name, I think it's fair to say it needs to know Clanging Scales to use this Z-Move since the species-exclusive Z-Moves tend to need the user know a certain move.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2019
Hmm, I'm going to assume that this is going to categorize itself as a special, dragon move. While it still raises all of Kommo-o's base stats it's hard to see it become much more viable in competitive battles.

It already has a mediocre at best arsenal of physical moves and this z-move would make no sense if it were special, since Kommo-o has a higher base attack than sp.att. It looks like an op z-move and it can hit multiple targets but I don't quite see the effectiveness of Kommo-o except to try and use it as a Choice Spec 1HKO nuke in Doubles, and then sack it after that.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Oh cool, something new for Smogon to ban.
While raising all of its stats might be broken and good for Kommo-o's viability, I'd have to wonder whether it's been given the right moves to really make it dangerous. Close Combat please GameFreak.

Actually, I don't think it'll be that broken. It's tiered RU because in UU, it's outclassed by Hydreigon. This could potentially ban Kommo-o from RU, but I don't see it making any waves in OU because fairies are all over the place - Magearna absolutely walls any set with Clangorous Soulblaze, and the Tapus can give it a run for its money. Also, Clangorous Soulblaze is likely a special move, so I don't see that and Close Combat being run on the same moveset.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
This was the only good news. Kommo-o getti g this treatment is exciting for a dragon user like me. Gonna be fun using it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
This is pretty much Kommo-o's saving grace. It's basically the laughingstock of the pseudo-legendaries and Clangorous Soulblaze not only has a sick animation, but it also hits both opponents and increases all its stats. Pretty sure Clanging Scales is the base move here. I can see a potential moveset consisting of:
-Clanging Scales
-Focus Blast/Sky Uppercut
-Flash Cannon/Poison Jab
-Flamethrower
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Kommonium Z

All three of its abilities work here.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
The move looks totally broken, but dont forget that Kommo-o is quadruply weak to fairy type and fairy type is immune to that move (its obviously a dragon-typed move).

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
I liked this Z-move, it looks OP, but I'm not too excited about it... Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Kommo-o and the first part of the animation looks kind of annoying XD Nevertheless, I think it's a good Z-move and I don't really mind Kommo-o having it :)

Years
tumblr_ov5peuFgOF1s2kalqo1_250.jpg

Official art of the Kommonium Z. It's interesting to note that like the Pikashunium Z, it looks differently shaped from most Z-Crystals.

Back